1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Corey Brewer appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 21, 2017.

1. topfive's_gf

topfive's_gf Member

We'll miss Brew here in the PNW. Such a nice guy courtside with all the fans. Yeah, his shots were cringe-worthy, but still...

Bye, Brew! :(

2. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Welp, there goes NBA CHAMPION, Corey Brewer, taking his experience and kind-hearted camaraderie to the hated Lakers. We'll miss him in the locker room even though we won't miss him bricking wide open layups.

Pen15clubber, amaru and DonKnock like this.
  3. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Brewer was a nice guy.

Pen15clubber and DonKnock like this.
  4. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Now he has got to pay those California taxes? I wonder how that works. Texas Taxes or Cali?

5. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

6. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

Oh yeah! I forgot about that. I don't know how that works. I've only ever been there as a tourist or staying with friends. Every time I've been to Cali it was a blast though. I imagine having more $ would make it even better.

A new start with the sun, the surf, and the fake t*** might do a world of good for Brewer. It was odd how his shot fell off the past 2 years. I'll be rooting for him to turn it around in LA as long as it's not at the Rocket's expense.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Corey, you will be missed for sure. Your energy in our long playoff run was infectious. I hope we do well again, but it won't be the same without the fast paced Brewer in California.

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

still is. ;)

9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Moar Brewer appreciation plz:(

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Vienna Calling

Thank you, Corey!

The guy has always been pure class and a great teammate. I have tons of respect for Corey, seems like a genuine, great character. Wish him nothing but the best of luck. For his performance in the EPIC Game 6 Clippers comeback he will always have a place in Rockets history.

Ramo$e, don grahamleone and DonKnock like this.
  11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Love Brewer the person. Loved Brewer the player his first 20 or so games here.

After that... well, let's not go there.

Good luck, Brew! In all things!

Ramo$e, Pen15clubber and DonKnock like this.
  12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I think if Brewer could somehow sustain himself he was something special. An incredible wirey light weight that needed only to just shoot and handle the ball better and he would probably still be a Rocket. The Grey Hound alter ego was incredible. He will be missed.

DonKnock likes this.
  13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

[​IMG]

There is a leaked highlight package that is going to be shown in tribute of Brewer at the next home game. I've spoilered it in case you want the live experience

[​IMG]

Ramo$e, AroundTheWorld and justtxyank like this.
  14. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

one of my favorite recent xrockets. best of luck in your future endeavors!

Ramo$e likes this.
  15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Did y'all know his nickname at the U of Florida was The Drunken Dribbler? I just found out this week.

cool story 'bro

Here's a vid

Ramo$e, DrNuegebauer and DonKnock like this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

clearly deserves its own thread. ;)

http://www.thedreamshake.com/2017/2/23/14704870/corey-brewer-trade-appreciation

Appreciating the chaos of Corey Brewer
    Before he was a black hole missing shots in the corner, he was the Rockets’ one-man destructive force off the bench
    by Colin Ainsworth

Corey Brewer is gone and our commenters rejoice. That’s probably not fair. I rejoiced, too.

Why wouldn’t I? Why shouldn’t we? Corey Brewer made too few shots while making too much money and he inexplicably got tons and tons of playing time (and starts!) as his game rapidly declined. Lou Williams, at least offensively, is a wildly better, more efficient player, and he should flourish under Mike D’Antoni.

But...

Call me nostalgic: I’m going to miss Corey Brewer, and if you call yourself a Rockets fan and tell me you’re not … well, I would question that.

Every Rockets reporter since the trade has been sure to point two things: 1. The 2015 Western Conference Finals trip doesn’t happen without Brew. 2. Corey Brewer is a class act. These are both pretty undeniably true, but I don’t want to talk about that. No, I want to talk about this.
    more at the link, including video. check it out.

HTX Ninja and DonKnock like this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

"I'm going to miss Corey Brewer, and if you call yourself a Rockets fan and tell me you're not...well, I would question that"

WELP. I guess I'm not a Rockets fan, because I am perfectly content no longer seeing Brewer play basketball badly for the Rockets.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

I will miss the Corey Brewer that helped us get to the WCF. I've already missed him these past 1.5 years.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Doesn't deserve it's own thread. Didn't even read.

Dreamshake articles must be BANNED on Clutchfans.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DonKnock and FTW Rockets FTW like this.