1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Connecting the Trump-Russia Dots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Mar 8, 2017.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Trump only hires the best.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Hahahahaha! Awesome oeuvre from that choad.

4. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Oh look another dot!

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Too funny. I can't believe this stuff. At this point, Trump is massively unpopular. A vast majority of the country don't like him. His base will never like him, so at this point, I just write off whatever they say.

6. NewRoxFan

Sessions aide J.D. Gordon has AGAIN changed his story on the GOP platform change. First he said Trump ordered the change; then he said he was guided by things Trump said at a NatSec meeting; now he says it was what Trump said "on the campaign trail."

This matters because if Trump instructed Gordon to change the GOP platform to benefit Putin at the same NatSec meeting at which Papadopoulos outed himself as a Kremlin agent and told Trump Putin wanted to meet with him, that platform change looks *exactly* like a quid pro quo.

2016 RNC Delegate: Trump Directed Change To Party Platform On Ukraine Support
    https://www.npr.org/2017/12/04/5683...d-change-to-party-platform-on-ukraine-support

7. prohibido

prohibido Member

Outstanding post. For me at the very minimum it will be a nice bottle of Macallan 18. I could of course go up from there depending on other factors.

As I've mentioned before, Trump has repeatedly committed obstruction of justice in public. That is not arguable, but it is also a non-issue as long as Ryan is SOTH. I think Trumpspunkers squawk about collusion because they've heard somewhere that collusion isn't a crime. And they're right. But, sadly for everyone in Mueller's crosshairs, solicitation of foreign election donations and conspiracy to commit fraud (to name a few of the greatest hits) are most certainly crimes.

I imagine Trump will try to fire Mueller, and I imagine that Trump will try to pardon his immediate family members at a minimum. But I also imagine that once the dirt on Trump himself comes out, and I'm not talking about the pee tapes - money laundering, human trafficking, not to mention the explicit quid pro quo cooperation between the Trump camp and the Putin camp, well, things will get a little warm for the Republicans and they may have to boot Trump right out. Of course by that time the US might be at war with Iran and North Korea.

It will be interesting to see whether Mueller appears sensitive to the 2018 elections at all in his pace of bringing public charges against the various imbeciles caught up in this.

No Worries, Anticope and peleincubus like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

I especially like the author of th tweet...

No Worries likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

When Obama made sarcastically made fun of Trump in a speech about becoming President. Trump in fact being elected.

If Trump then gets impeached and people close to him go to prison. Talk about coming full circle. Obama will have a few things to say I am sure.

11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

since dad is covering up and making up all Jr's excuses and defenses then he must be his attorney

12. NewRoxFan

I believe the trump legal dodge (why do the trump's always try to dodge the law?) was that trump junior and trump senior lawyers were present in the room. Three problems... (1) lawyer-client confidentiality covers privileged communication between a client and his lawyer. (2) lawyer-client confidentiality only prevents the lawyer from testifying against the client, not the client, and (3) Congress doesn't recognize lawyer-client confidentiality.

I think the trump junior meant to invoke the fifth amendment which protects against self incrimination. Of course, that would suggest trump junior had done something incriminating... and of course, no trump ever admits to doing anything wrong.

13. adoo

adoo Member

concur

14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

16. NewRoxFan

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

18. pirc1