1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Connecting the Trump-Russia Dots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Mar 8, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Thanks for the kind words. As i am a big fan of your postings and overall contribution to the D&D. Always impressed with your patience and good humor you show when debating others (especially those that don't seem to appreciate or deserve such). But before folks start making fun of our developing bromance I better get back to work. ;)

B-Bob likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

I know this isn't ethical, but is it even legal for Trump to use his office to pressure congressional investigators to speed up their investigation OF HIM?

No Worries likes this.
  3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I was just messing with you. This thread is your legacy. Grow it, cultivate it, make it the best russia Trump thread on the interwebz

B-Bob and Brando2101 like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

Thanks... I can be ClutchFan's Bob Woodward/Carl Bernstein. Hopefully with similar outcome. ;)

5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Add it to the f*ckin pile...

No Worries likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

Russia's efforts to influence US politics and government included the N.R.A not surprisingly...

Operative Offered Trump Campaign ‘Kremlin Connection’ Using N.R.A. Ties
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/03/us/politics/trump-putin-russia-nra-campaign.html

7. NewRoxFan

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

9. NewRoxFan

NRA Member Invited Trump To Kremlin On Behalf of Putin, According To Report
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/nra-member-invited-trump-kremlin-155125033.html?.tsrc=fauxdal

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This might get weirder before it's over, a lot lot weirder.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Do these people have any friends that are not white??

12. Anticope

Anticope Member

The biggest Trump-Russia dot that no one seems to talk about all that much is the White House's consistent policy towards Russia of "bend over and take it in the ***." Trump is willing to go after anyone from China to Paul Ryan but whenever it comes to comrade Putin or Russia, this moron president goes completely out of his way not to say anything critical, or in some cases even praise them instead like in the case where he actually thanked Putin for expelling our diplomats. I'm pretty sure he's still crying like a toddler over the new sanctions he was forced to sign recently.

Anyone with multiple functioning brain cells knows what's going on here: they made a deal where they promised MUCH softer policy towards Russia in exchange for a list of items likely including a Russian disinformation campaign in the US, the releasing of the DNC emails and some monetary or financial payout. They tried to immediately lift sanctions on Russia once they came into office (http://www.newsweek.com/trump-white-house-secret-efforts-lift-russia-sanctions-putin-619508) and even the REPUBLICAN HOUSE MAJORITY LEADER speculated at one point last year that Trump was being paid by Russia (https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...5f6f8a-3aff-11e7-8854-21f359183e8c_story.html).

Reading all the "Welp no evidence of Trump-Russia collusion herp a derp" posts from the Benghazi truthers once more of this comes out is going to be easily one of the most satisfying events ever, I'm trying to decide how high up on the chain of fine scotches I'm going to go when reading back through this thread. Of course, by then the narrative will have already moved onto "Yeah but there's nothing illegal about colluding with a foreign adversary!"

#2272 Anticope, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    CometsWin, krnxsnoopy and B-Bob like this.
  13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

You are ridiculously rich in optimism.

Do Greeks and Jews count?

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The Repubs can beat the Nancy Pelosi drum ad nauseum, with effect.

The Dems can now beat the Roy Pedophile Moore drum.

15. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Absolutely right! We all feel like happy kindergarteners because we have one of our own as the POTUS.

16. NewRoxFan

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Look at those caveats:
    * assessed to have ties
    * quotes around the phrase "assessed to have ties"
    * Not Manafort but his colleague
    * Not Trump either, just Manafort's colleague
    * former
    * op-ed
    * draft, not published
    * Manafort didn't write it, he ghost-wrote it -- does that mean the colleague did all the writing and the plan was just to put Manafort's name on it?
    * Not Mueller, but someone on Mueller's team

Not sure I can say I am any wiser from having read this. Why do I care that Manafort failed to publish an op-ed with some unnamed guy that someone assessed might have had some relations with Russian intelligence?

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Let me summarize the important part of this: he did this recently when under a court order not to go to the media in any way. His lawyer has already been reprimanded for this (in November). Dude just can't seem to ever play by the rules, and it's going to bite him in the ass bigly, it would seem.

I think the news is less about Russia/Ukraine in this particular case and more just to his judgment and thug life behavior, even when he's really in legal peril.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/paul-m...thought-to-have-ties-to-russian-intelligence/

Deckard and No Worries like this.
  19. NewRoxFan

It was a breaking story... if you would like to read more details...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/04/polit...manafort-bail-russian-intelligence0549PMStory

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/manafort-op-ed-bail-deal-ukraine-work

20. NewRoxFan

Underlining B-Bob's point...

KingCheetah and No Worries like this.