1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Connecting the Trump-Russia Dots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Mar 8, 2017.

1. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Lol

Bc Trump fans

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

B-Bob likes this.
  3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

We don't know the identity. What we know is the timeline when the investigation was launched (before the GOP primaries, and we have Fusions' founder saying that it was a "never Trumper" Republican operative.

Objectively, you'd be crazy to believe that after the primary when Trump secured the nomination, that Fusion wouldn't have tried to sell their research to Democrats supporting Clinton. However there is no evidence that the Dossier's information was directly used in Clinton's campaign. What Clinton used was mostly his own words, praising Putin, publicly asking Russia to commit cyber warfare on the US, etc.

All evidence at the time this investigation was financed, and launched would suggest that it absolutely would have been initiated by a Republican candidate looking to get Trump out early. Look at the GOP establishment guys like Jeb Bush, Rubio, etc. When primary season was just starting, and Trump is a longshot to even stand a chance winning the nomination, who is more likely to finance opt ed research at the time, Jeb Bush or Hillary Clinton?

I'd love to be have an objective honest conversation about the Dossier, but you gotta come to a place of reality here man.

4. dobro1229

This story man......

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump...d-russian-propaganda-days-before-the-election

It seemed to get buried in the news today, but I just find it fascinating that in 2017, propaganda is more brazen than its ever been before, and either people really have become VERY VERY stupid (Idiocracy level stupid), or everyone knows what they are saying is manufactured BS, but it so closely aligns with their dream worldview that they will actively push propaganda that is so easily traced back to Sputnik and RT garbage.

The Trump campaign folks like Don Jr./Kelleyanne ARE that stupid themselves or they think YOU THE TRUMP VOTERS are that stupid. If you are a Trump voter I don't know what makes you feel better or worse. I guess that's why they don't want to even think about it, and just live in a world of denial & delusion.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The email from Ron Goldstone says it is part of Russia's government's help.
    The Azerbaijani in question is ethnically Russian and much of his business is in Russia including previously working with Trump.
    http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/07/politics/donald-trump-jr-full-emails/
    Not sure what that has to do with what I posted. I was talking about Donald Jr's emails. Not the dossier.

6. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Rereading Cohete Rojo's posts I think he might be conflating a dossier of opposition info that the Russians offered to Trump's son and son in law about HIllary Clinton with the dossier that deals with Trump engaging in water sports in Moscow. These are two different subjects.

I will let him explain though what dossier he is referring to.

7. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

8. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Is it your new tactic to make up evidence? Which dossier was offered to Trump's son?

For clarity:
    • It has been nearly 10 months since the revelations of the dossier. No charges.
    • It has been 4 months since the Trump Jr meeting with the Russian lawyer. No charges.
    So I ask again: why so eager to defend people whose identity we don't know? For all we know it could have been the Koch brothers.

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/b...nk-records/article/2638187?platform=hootsuite

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can not wait until the investigation is over just to put this thing to rest. It's amazing to me how many conservatives defend Trump as innocent despite not knowing all the facts.

11. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

If Trump colluded with Russia to win the election than he should be impeached

cml750 likes this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Of course if the FBI comes to the conclusion he did, you won't believe them and will agree with Trump that the FBI is colluding with Russia.

mtbrays likes this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Most of the time "the dossier" is in reference to an intelligence report that alleges Trump engaged in activities involving prostitutes in Russia.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump–Russia_dossier
    If you do a google search on "dossier" almost all of the top responses refer to that dossier.

As far as who provided the information that was offered to Donald Trump Jr. from the emails quoted Donald Trump Jr. was informed those were from the Russians and there were Russians present at the meeting. Are you now claiming that none of those happened and I'm making that up?

As far as criminal charges there are currently four investigations going on into them, three congressional ones and the Mueller one. Further some of this might not be specifically criminal but are unethical. For all of the consternation expressed about Russian influence peddling regarding the Roastum Uranium deal it's astounding the denial from Trump supporters (including many who continue to claim to have not voted for him or support him) regarding admitted dealings by Trump's own family and close advisors with the Russians.

#2153 rocketsjudoka, Oct 22, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

DEEP STATE WITCH HUNT IS DEEP.

Its that damn POS POW McCain, again.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

If he was so great, he's never been caught!

16. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Uh-oh, Spaghetti-O!

17. dobro1229

Least surprising news of the year. DNC helped fund Dossier research.

Fusion gps previously said research was funded back in GOP primary season by a never Trumper but it was obvious that after he won the nom they would sell their intel to Clinton and the DNC. I would too

That being said: there is still no evidence Hillary used any of the details from the Dossier on the campaign trail, and the FoxNews conspiracy theory relies on this notion that Hillary thought she was going to lose. Not really seeing what the big deal is but I’m sure FoxNews will rile up the base tonight. Get ready for the DD to light up with the Trump fans tonight.

18. dobro1229

Also worth nothing-

-Trump admittingly worked with the Russian govt for “opposition research” and it wasn’t a big deal to the FoxNews minions.

-Hillary worked one of the most respected former British spies... OMG!!!!

19. dobro1229

Lastly... interesting piece of news after actually reading it.

-GOP operative looks to have started it
    -DNC picked up the tab after
    -FBI picked up the tab after that

Must have been some interesting stuff in that Dossier.

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Ace is suspicious of this news that it was "partially funded" by DNC

Ace suspects it is the Russians themselves who hired Fusion, and Fusion does not want this known because that would be super illegal.

It also would throw a wrench in the Russia/Trump collusion narrative, as well as the entire supposed point of the Mueller probe.