1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Confidence in MDA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, May 19, 2018.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's shattered all expectations, and has just begun to reach into his bag of tricks. I trust MDA/Jeff...all the way, baby!

#1 Plowman, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
  2. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Ever since the Rockets stole Bzdelik to join the Rockets, I’ve had confidence in the Rockets coaching staff.
    I’ve had greater confidence since watching D’Antoni add little wrinkles to the Rockets offensive playbook
    since around the end of Dec/ beginning of January. All in preparation for meeting the Warriors in the playoffs.

My only worry now is: in how long the Rockets have been planning on bring down the Warriors.....can they
    get up for the Celtics. Me personally, I’m starting to analyze Celtic-Rockets matchups and breakdowns today.
    Hopefully the Rockets scouts have a game plan ready to enact when the time comes.

D’Antoni/Brad Stevens matchup could get interesting.

4. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Wouldn’t that be something. Beat the Warriors and end up losing to the Celtics.

juanm34 likes this.
  5. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Could happen. But I still consider the Worriers a tougher team to beat. If Rockets get past them, they will beat the Celtics enroute to the title

hou$tonScrew$tonTX, HP3 and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Anyone notice that coaches who have the ability to shoot (dantoni/kerr) trust their players to let if fly and build shooter confidence more than coaches who werent shooters (mchale/jackson)?

7. BigO

BigO Member

The ceiling is thru the ROOF!

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Mike Dan Tony >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kevin Mac Fail

adw, ashleyem and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As longtime Houstonians/fans, that lesson is ingrained in us...burned into us....but, not like it is into #34.....They'll be no problems with that.

As to the Celts minus Kyrie and Heyward....I applaud them, and this from a guy that rooted for Showtime whenever they played. Stevens certainly deserves the plaudits, and it's a good story...this year..and, the beginning of a contender each year after for a good while.

But, this year.. Boston plays in a chasm between weak and much stronger East. ...last team standing.

I'd imagine it goes no more than 5.

10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Agreed. The celtics have a good defensive anchor , some good shooters , and 2 outstanding young athletic wings .

But durant is no slouch althicially same with klay . And no one player on the c's has as much skill as any of the warriors top 3

11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Also we would have HCA

Plowman likes this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It's nice to have a coach I trust. We just need our Jekyll and Hyde team to continue its trend of being motivated by the first loss in each series.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I trust that MDA has enough talent on the roster to win it all...

MDA personally? ehhh.....
    I'm sorry, i know a lot of people want to believe that he's some offensive guru or something... but the dude doesn't impress me...

Offensive efficiency? he's got a great roster, overplays his starting lineup and doesn't trust a third of his roster to play meaningful minutes... and continues to push and play key personnel after games are decided... his efficiency should be high...
    Reg season records? again, he's got a great roster and didnt play a third of his roster most games...

Then there's the things he says...

He was defending his too short rotations last year - right up to the final meltdown... then after being eliminated said he needed to 'consider the possibility of resting guys for the post season in the future...'

Gerald Green isn't going to play because "the rotations are what they are!" - we saw how long that last before somebody set him straight...

"Most adjustments are just needing to play harder..' ... ok, Kevin... smh...

Blamed Harden's previous slump on 'too much rest'... Harden was injured and then sat like 1 or 2 games for actual 'rest'... that shouldnt destroy any ones's rhythm... just an attempt to justify previous years minute mismangement... 'see I couldnt rest him bc he falls out of rhythm..' - lol

"We didn't do anything different from game 1 to game 2..." ...I dont understand why this narrative got so much play... A blind man could see we moved the ball around much more in game 2 and got guys involved - versus dribbling the air out of the ball while guys became stagnant in game 1... tell me that game 1 didnt look like a McHale game...

MDA is probably a better than average coach... but he aint a great one and often he's stubborn to a fault...

Once again, i think we can win this thing... but when we do, the props go to the players - not MDA... imo...

Nelly and Little Bit like this.
  14. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Rick adelman > mike dantonio :D:)o_O and its not close

Little Bit likes this.
  15. kevtse

kevtse Member

Lol he looked like that bad ass Simon in walking dead

#15 kevtse, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
  16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow! Look at those arms. Maybe Joe Chee isn't so skinny after all. ;)

don grahamleone likes this.
  18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I'm interested in Game 3. Then I'll fret Game 4. And so forth. Avenging '86 is a wonderful thought, but first I need to see the more recent fall-shorts v Dubs revenged. Let's. just. get. through. PLEASE.

Plowman and don grahamleone like this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It still could very well end up a GS-Cavs rematch

20. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I have more faith in MDMA.

don grahamleone and Plowman like this.