1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Kaepernick

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by HtownTrill, Aug 6, 2017.

1. HtownTrill

HtownTrill Member

Look I believe that Kaep ultimately isn't in the league right now because of the stance he took of sitting / kneeling for equality of all races in this country . That being an uncomfortable topic for most people makes teams shy away from him , because they don't want people to believe that they support his movement , which would impact their profit margins.

CallMeTheDream likes this.
  2. mick fry

mick fry Member

I'm amazed Mallet got a starting job but oh well I guess the little downside still beats the off the field distractions.

3. T. Will tha Don

First off it's not off the field nonsense! Your closed mindedness is what's nonsensical. Colin took a knee for what should have been stood up against for far too long. He took a knee for African Americans across America being murdered by police. WOULD IT MAKE SOME OF YOU pay more attention and respect it if it were JaDaveon Clowney who was murdered or Hopkins????? Those situations could have been any of the black men that you cheer for that catch touchdowns, throw them, run them, or stop them on a weekly basis. So it is an issue for all Americans and particularly African Americans and it is not nonsense. Can you name Kap's starting receivers without googling and are any of them playmakers......? If he has no talent then his resume wouldn't be decorated like it is. Is he a Brady...no. But does his numbers trump many QB's with jobs in the league....absolutely. What would the NFL be without the entertaining athletic athlete that happens to be of African descent hmmmm. So humbly and with all do respect it is a Texans issue because there are BLACK players on the team and before they are NFL players they are BLACK men.....now I'll wait for someone to attempt to minimize the points I've made to bring clarity to this post. And that dear friends will validate it all. Unless it's at our door we don't care but eventually the wind blows by all doors without warning.

eric.81 likes this.
  4. FEDEXROCKETS13

Is there a way to block threads that I don't care to read?

5. T. Will tha Don

Yes....by removing yourself. Now answer this question. Would you care if you had no African American athletes on our beloved Texans because they boycotted???? Now watch that shiiiii .....exactly and stay out of grown folks business if you can't comprehend!

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Put r****d, newb trolls like @HtownTrill and @T. Will tha Don on ignore.

It will prevent you from seeing their posts and off topic threads.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  7. FEDEXROCKETS13

Its not about political stance whether he is black or white the fact is he's not on the texans so I don't care to read about him we just had a 23 page thread discussing this same topic on a guy that's not on the team

ipaman likes this.
  8. FEDEXROCKETS13

I don't want to block posters I just want to block threads

9. FEDEXROCKETS13

Put Kap on the texans and then I will care to read about him

justtxyank likes this.
  10. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

[​IMG]

davidio840 and FEDEXROCKETS13 like this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, thanks for the laugh.

12. body slam

body slam Member

Kaepernick had a job with the 49ers and he opted out. Nobodies fault but his own.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He opted out because they were going to cut him. This way he could get ahead of the FA scuffle. However he is blackballed from the league so I guess it doesn't matter.

14. today

today Contributing Member

Is blackballed the right term? I thought that was the term where there is pressure from the league or a group of owners that don't want that player to be in the league. I'm not sure that's the case here. It seems to me like each individual owner is weighing the benefit of Kaepernick's skills along with the potential of having a situation occur during the season that causes a PR nightmare or causes the team to lose money. Kaepernick could be the instigator, or it could be some crap reporter bugging him and then taking something out of context.

For example, if some team signed Kaepernick, I don't think the NFL or the other owners are going to be angry about it. It just so happens that the owners don't feel that Kepernick's skills outweigh the potential for controversy/unwanted media attention. If he had Tom Brady skills, he'd already be on a roster for sure.

15. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

The term blackballed is racist in itself and further proves Kaps point. Why can't it be called whiteballed?

Bandwagoner likes this.
  16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Why is this in the texans forum? Lol

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

I think the term is blueballed.

18. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Black people throw the ball like thiisssssss....

White people throw the ball like THISSSS!!

Bandwagoner likes this.
  19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Many NFL players have charities or stand for things they just avoiding working on them during games or the season. He should have thought this through and he really could have made a difference.

20. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

More white people were killed by cops than black people. If we could stick to the facts, I think everyone could agree that there should be better training for cops. When we start talking about hyperbole and making it seem as though it's a racial issue is when it gets a little off topic.