1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Kaepernick protests anthem due to treatment of minorities

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BleedRocketsRed, Aug 27, 2016.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is very unsettling. I've heard from many black men who are not from the ghetto. Who are well to do professionals who still get pulled over for no apparent reason. We've heard even from a Republican Senator Tim Scott how he's been pulled over several times for no apparent or trivial reasons.

Would you as a black man be fine with being pulled over LE just because you're a black man?

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I have never been pulled over for notching.

Secondly a conversation about the black men who do get in trouble shouldn't offend the vast majority of black men living productive lives.

That stupid sidetrack does nothing for nothing. It prevents helping helping the black men who need direction out of the sake of not offending someone who shouldn't be offended anyway

Most of the black men involved in these publicized incidents, Brown in Ferguson, Garner, the guy in Baton Rouge, were constantly in trouble rather minor or major

#1122 pgabriel, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I think the worst long term problem colonialism or slavery has caused blacks in America is an identity crisis.

That is not to dismiss the tangible problems but i sometimes feel we are looking for something to make us feel at peace with ourselves as Americans that is not there

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well since nobody knows who this really is using pgabriel's account, your comments here have no validity.

5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Nobody knows if the person who is using pgabriel's account and username is black or not.

6. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    PGabs, I will pay you the high honor of agreeing with you. In the social work that I've done in Africa, the identity of the men is far different than here -- more upbeat, more outgoing, a real zest for life... despite the fact that on average, they have a far lower standard of living than African Americans. There are many causes that differ by person, but we as humans form opinions by our interpretations of what we observe. Contrasts created by inequality by racial group, inequality of leadership positions, wealth gaps, and historical standards of living of our parents, and their parents, all shape identity. But perhaps the most impactful shaper of identity is the media and popular culture. Popular culture in the African American community values the wrong things -- ostentatious displays of wealth, anger towards leaders, sexual objectification of women, and a glorification of crime. Much of this doesn't exist in other countries. This has an extremely detrimental effect on identities.

GOOD DAY

deadlybulb likes this.
  7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Sorry, you can't just do that anytime you don't agree with someone.

deadlybulb likes this.
  8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I don't just do that any time I don't agree with someone. I only do it when I have evidence that a person's account is no longer used by the original user.

I disagree with people on here all the time. The only one I've ever accused of using someone else's account is when addressing the person using pgabriel's account. I know from the experiences pgabriel has talked about that they do not align with the crap coming from whoever is using the account right now. It isn't pgabriel.

9. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Your evidence is disagreeing with his posts.

deadlybulb likes this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

My evidence are previous discussions with pgabriel on the same topics and his posts now are coming from a completely opposite perspective than he had before the hiatus. The original pgabriel's own words are disagreeing with his current posts. That's the evidence. Like I said, I disagree with people on here all the time. There is only one poster that I've accused of not being the original user of the screen name.

What isn't fair is that people treat the imposter as if he were the real pgabriel.

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

He used to agree with you, now he doesn't after several years and who knows what types of personal experiences and introspection, and you claim he's an impostor and question his race, further invalidating his identity. If you don't wanna talk to the guy put him on ignore, but claiming he's not who he is and questioning his race is an irrational silencing tactic.

#1132 Dairy Ashford, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    deadlybulb likes this.
  12. zksb09

zksb09 Member

This popular culture in the US is not restricted to the African community. It is widespread. As just one example, sexual objectification of women is exemplified by Trump and Weinstein, neither of whom is African American.

People in third world countries are (sometimes) more positive in outlook because they are no longer colonies, but much more in control of their own destinies. Minorities living in first world countries can often feel alienated because they can be subject to discrimination and treated as second class citizens. This can lead to a loss of self-worth.

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It's not just that he's changed, he's denying what he actually said before. His word choice, posting style, spelling, etc. are all completely different. He makes the obvious choice of trying to reference things the real pgabriel said in his old posts and act like that was him. I didn't invalidate his identity. Whoever is using the account invalidated his identity. I have no idea about the new person using the identity's race. I can't question it because I have no idea.

I'm not the only one who questions this new users identity it is apparent to others who have interacted with him in the past. I didn't always agree with the real pgabriel either. But at least I trusted it was from his real account.

I don't want to ignore him because I'll debate anyone, and it's interesting to see what people are willing to do. I will debate him on certain issues that aren't related to him/her pretending to be pgabriel.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's just the state of our friends on the left today. If you disagree with them they either brand you as some kind of a bigot or accuse you of being a Russian agent or some kind of an impostor. Liberals today can't grasp the notion that quite a few absolutely normal people simply don't agree with how they see the world and that's partially due to them demonizing any opposition. In their minds, only "evil" people think differently than them.

At one point it was only the extremists that thought this way, but with how polarized things are today.....well the mainstream is pretty much where the extremists used to be. It's not terribly different on the right either. Both sides have moved towards their authoritarian extremes.

deadlybulb likes this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I will go even further. Police brutality like many other civil rights issues

What did i deny saying?

Lets settle this right now cause it gets on my nerves. If you cant back the claim the claim ive denied saying something previously then leave the real pgabriel crap alone. Not funny anymore. Dont want to be sideways with you about this

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

What you are saying now, denies what you said before. It isn't that you are claiming you never said it. It's that what you say now, denies things that you've said before.

It gets on my nerves that somebody is using his account.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Damn Russians

[​IMG]

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice selfie

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He doesn't care. They are programmed to think that black people should accept racism until their race stops being violent. Any black man that has a problem with racism needs to focus first on black on black crime.