1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CNN's Jim Acosta has press pass suspended by White House

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Nov 7, 2018.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So you think Trump is the first president that have reporters forcing follow up questions to him?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

So you think Obama is god and that everyone should be forced to kneel down and worship him every day?

3. biff17

biff17 Member

replace Trump with Obama and that is definitely what you think.

Nippystix likes this.
  4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I keep thinking that sooner later, when facts come before a judge or similar, and it turns out again that the conservative alternate reality is judged impartially to be a fantasy, that conservatives will wake up and start questioning their news/analysis sources...

I think I must have too much faith in mankind. Judge says evvidence doesn't fit the carefully constructed logical theory? Clearly the evidence is at fault. There couldn't possibly be any problem with our logic. The judge must be a libtard ringer.

Smh.

Who was it that cautioned cml750 not to accept that Cesar Sayoc was the mail bomber - that new evidence was about to be uncovered placing blame on the Dems and their false flag op?

How's that wait coming? Any timetable on when that bombshell's going to drop?

mdrowe00 and Nook like this.
  5. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

“Today, the court made clear there is no absolute right to access the White House. In response to the court, we will temporarily reinstate the reporter’s hard pass. We will also further develop rules and processes to ensure fair and orderly press conferences in the future. There must be decorum in the White House,” White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said about the ruling.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katie...conferences-after-credential-debacle-n2536092

Very good. This should have been done at least a year ago. It is good to see it being done now. Finally.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Anticope and Nook like this.
  7. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

Heh.
    ...I'm beside myself wondering how all this QAnon business is going to work itself out...

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Nice ruling, Trumpointee

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Hopefully the decorum rule extends to the President.

arkoe likes this.
  10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

It doesn't.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Exactly as they had planned.

Nook likes this.
  12. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Maybe not. But I wonder how much of a surprise this ruling actually is to them. They knew that the decorum of the press briefings and conferences was not being adequately maintained. They knew that the lack of clear behavioral standards was an issue that they somehow needed to address and reform.

Was this decision the one they preferred above any other? I do not think so. But at the same time, they were surely aware that there were a number of possible legal outcomes here, and that the one they got was one of those possibilities.

This outcome is one that when they heard it, they likely shrugged and looked said to each other:

'OK, that works for us. Let's take the cover of this court decision as basically a court order to implement new processes and procedures that hopefully solves these sorts of issues once and for all. The most egregious misbehavers will not like it and a few might need to be banned to bring this behavior to heel. Then it should be quite a lot more professional and better from then on.'

jcf likes this.
  13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've said it several times, and I believe it. The public conflict was far more important than the outcome. The very public fight with CNN was the big pay-off here. Kabuki theater.

The outcome is inconsequential.

#393 Ottomaton, Nov 16, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    mdrowe00, jcf, peleincubus and 2 others like this.
  14. biff17

biff17 Member

Pretty much

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It's a shame that a reporter can respectfully ask a question, not interrupt anyone and get the following response:

"You ask a lot of stupid questions"

Decorum ought to be a two way street.

jcf likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

I think just posts on the D&D to trigger people here

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have many questions but realize asking you them would be less fruitful than asking the wall. So I will just present you with some information that will will be not penetrate your bubble but at least others to see how delusional you are.

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ann Althouse on how Trump won the Acosta lawsuit

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2018/11/how-trump-won-acosta-lawsuit.html

MojoMan likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

#399 fchowd0311, Nov 17, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because part of them secretly wants him to take absolute power as they believe that's what it will take to "fix" things, i.e. MAGA i.e. get rid of the brownies