1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CNN exposed for anti-Trump malice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Oct 16, 2019.

1. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Not surprised at all.

dachuda86 likes this.
  2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Now Trump can prove there was actually liklihood of actual malice which is a heavy bar to get over for public figures to sue for libel. The discovery phase could ruin CNN.

MiddleMan likes this.
  3. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Lots of salty leftists in here. Of course, nothing new about that.

cml750 and dachuda86 like this.
  4. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Another piece of great investigative work by Project Veritas, exposing the bias and corruption at Google:

"On the heels of an annual meeting in which it was called to account by two investor organizations – including National Legal and Policy Center – for its antagonism against conservatives and libertarians, Google has been further exposed, for efforts to prevent President Donald Trump’s reelection and to maintain all the power it wields in order to accomplish it.

Project Veritas, the undercover investigative nonprofit led by James O’Keefe, learned of the effort from an unidentified Google insider who divulged the leftist company’s intentions for the 2020 campaign. In addition to an extensive interview with the whistleblower, Veritas obtained lengthy and detailed footage of top executive Jen Gennai, the tech giant’s Head of Responsible Innovation, who unknowingly explained Google’s strategy for the next election cycle.

As Veritas reported, Gennai said Google’s aim is to avoid a repeat of the election results of 2 ½ years ago.

“We all got screwed over in 2016, again it wasn’t just us, it was, the people got screwed over, the news media got screwed over, like, everybody got screwed over so we’re rapidly been like, what happened there and how do we prevent it from happening again,” Gennai said in the video captured by Veritas. “We’re also training our algorithms, like, if 2016 happened again, would we have, would the outcome be different?” "
    https://nlpc.org/2019/06/25/google-plan-stop-trump-2020/

In summary, Project Veritas does a lot of great work, and should not be questioned.

Those here who question the Project Veritas CNN story expose themselves as unrepentant leftists who are effectively covering their ears with their hands and saying "I can't hear you...."

cml750 and dachuda86 like this.
  5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

But but James o keefeeee.. uhh broadcast journalists edit teh videos!!! I don't want to watch because partisanship!

BruceAndre likes this.
  6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I think questioning it is fine as all journalists should but it should not be ignored. The work has merit and his track record is mostly well documented footage. He often releeases large cuts for people who complain he selectively edits btw. But most just want to disregard his work because of partisan reasons. He is one of the few good journalists. Hell if a left leaning jounalist did this to fox i would praise it too. To save journalism, executives like zucker need to be taken out of the newsroom! i bet we see cnn pretend to go after dems for a bit.

cml750 and BruceAndre like this.
  7. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Oh I know. Just having a bit of fun with the leftards here. Project Veritas has done a lot of good work.

dachuda86 likes this.
  8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you understand that there are different reasons for editing?

1. Edit for time.
    2. Edit out graphic violence, language, and/or sexual content
    3. edit for bad audio
    4. edit for bad video
    5. edit for the purpose of completely changing the meaning of what is being said and creating a false predetermined narrative.

PV is guilty of #5. Other journalists do 1 - 4.

Other journalists then release all of the unedited source material if questioned. PV will not do that.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You read a hit piece. That is a left wing talking point meant to discredit and poison the well. The clips are long enough to give context in his audio about cnn.

cml750 likes this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Actually, it has been proven to be true. The fact that you ignore it, is on you. Honestly, you are so disconnected and off base with your posts lately, that it is kind of depressing for me. I will try and not put you on ignore for now, but if I do put you on ignore, it isn't a personal attack on you, or that I think you are simply a troll. It's because wherever you are in your life is beyond anything, that I find enjoyable to deal with in my spare time.

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Bro did you watch the videos? The videos show the left leaning CNN staffers are fairly open minded to the election despite their personal opinions and picks. This is straight garbage production by Veritas. I mean their narrative is not at all supported by their own hidden/insider videos. Veritas is also acting shocked that CNN sells ads and shows coverage that generates views. How naive do you have to be too not know that all cable/tv programming hunts for views? No joke, these videos made me trust CNN a bit more. It showed a human element to CNN and their staffers, they're just like us with opinions and picks but overall try to cover the whole thing as best as they can knowing they have to also sell ads.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can you please stop dumping garbage here... It's really beginning to stink badly

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Sorry you get pissy in the face of anything that challenges your world view. Go censor me all you want.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The videos show a deep hatred of trump is present and that news coverage is dominated by an obsesssion against trump instead of covering real news. I remember when cnn used to be good. This work has huge implications and if you can't see them, it is likely a lack of knowledge of libel law. Which I would not expect you to have.

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Deep hatred LMAO, no way bro. They actually talk about how Trump is good for ratings and how other Dems are boring terrible for them. Try to watch objectively.

16. TheresTheDagger

I get the leftist cognitive dissonance required in order to defend the left's most indefensible things.

But the thing is...about this report anyways....the videos are undercover tapings of CNN employees who are the ones taking down CNN here.

Meanwhile, most here are bashing Dachuda and/or Project Veritas. That's interesting.

dachuda86 likes this.
  17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

the others:

18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Because Project Veritas is based on the idea of presenting people's own words purposefully edited to change their meaning. That is all that Veritas does. It should never be considered legitimate, no matter what the people's words on the video discuss.

The owner had been busted many times, has been arrested for trying to bug phones to gather information which could also be edited. Other organizations, including the horrible CNN, maintain and will release unedited footage. Veritas has been busted so many times, they now refuse to do that. The only reason would be that they are hiding something.

Veritas isn't valid. Anyone who posts Veritas as evidence of anything should be criticized. Nothing from them should ever be discussed based on the words of anyone in their videos.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

lol what? Nothing should be discussed? You are quite the modern book burner.

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Not even close. Veritas should have the right to exist, but nothing they produce should be discussed by anyone interested in the truth.

I'm not advocating banning or destroying anything at all.

I would happily reconsider if Veritas would amend their ways and release full unedited versions like other news agencies do.

dachuda86 likes this.