1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Jeremy Lin-Carmelo Anthony jersey controversy is ridiculously overblown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

nah. don't even know why we're still discussing this. Such a non-story.

3. dlite316

dlite316 Member

“Reality is it’s standard practice. When we went after Chris Bosh a few years ago, we had him in (Luis) Scola’s number. When we went after Dwight Howard he had (Pat) Beverley’s number. I get the sensitivity and I hate that it creates some hurt feelings. I don’t like that, but that’s obviously Carmelo Anthony’s number, that’s the number he wants. He told us that.”
    this.

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

this is linsane. it is just a number.

5. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Non-story blown up by bitter Jeremy Lin fans.

Naturally Lin's response is a Religious quote...erghhh

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

The math is clear.

7. nemac

nemac Member

“Bottom line, if Carmelo comes, Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin have to be traded,” said Morey. “It’s just math. It’s not personal. My job is every day figure out how to win. Sometimes it creates challenging situations.”

It's not even if, but when. Jeremy should know he's gone, but I bet hurts.

8. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

I think the rockets are becoming the new most Hated team. They want us to be the bad guy.

And that's fine. Means we are making some noise

9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Personally I think it was awesome that mower said "yeah if we want melon we gotta trade Lin and Asik"

but does show how there is no room for sentiment

10. Fighton

Fighton Member

you guys really think this is about a jersey number? seriously?

this is about treating him as if he is no longer on the team while he is in fact still here. it's bad form. nothing more, nothing less.

it's like buying a car with your inheritance money while your dad is still breathing on his hospital bed. or as another writer puts it, your employer showing a candidate his new chair while you're sitting in it. it's not just about a number. it's about treating a guy on the trading block as if he's already gone, when there's a chance you might need to keep him after all.

and really, a heads up would've suffice.

and no, there was never a billboard of howard in bev's jersey in front of toyota center.

1 person likes this.
  11. sportsfan

sportsfan Member

why not trade them any way, there is no need to put conditon to get melo first.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Dude is in the big league, that's why he gets big money. This is not little league where everyone gets to play. There's this thing called a cap. . . .

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Dude is in the big league, that's why he gets big money. This is not little league where everyone gets to play. There's this thing called a cap. . . . Odd for him to act like payroll doesn't exist. He seemed pretty concerned about it when he left New York.

14. i3artow i3aller

15. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

16. J-Tang

J-Tang Member

THIS. OBVIOUSLY I want Carmelo to join this team and I'm fine with Omer and Jeremy getting shipped out to get him. But you just don't treat your employees like this. It's totally disrespectful and I think it is indicative of how our management talks about our players in the media-- like they are all just trade assets getting put on the block for the next shiny FA that's coming up.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Morey has always treated his players like assets this is nothing new... Oh wait but because it's Lin it's a huge ****ing deal now?

18. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Soo what number would you guys have put on his jersey instead?? He said he wants to wear #7...this could be the dumbest story in sports at the moment. Wait, it is.

19. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

You guys just need to stop and focus on what's important.

It's overblown because it's about Jeremy Lin.

His history with Melo didn't help either.

20. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

So did Morey get caught lying to Woj about pre-informing Lin about using the Jersey number?