1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: What in the world is going on with the Houston Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 19, 2019.

1. basketballholic

I hate to break it to you But i already know he's not from the only guy. The problem is he's not one of the guys who doesn't. He's wasting his talent. I said i was ok with him for roster filler and to give him another chance. But short leash. He's got to take advantage of a fresh start or bye bye.

2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Not sure how I missed this until today. Appreciate it, got a whole hour in, very nice.

Just feels like there are too many questions that need answered and holes that need to be filled for the Rockets. I’m actually pretty concerned at this point. Long way to go before the start of the season, but when do these things get addressed?

I do agree that I think people are overreacting on wanting to get rid of Capela so easily. CC played very well until the injury and then getting sick. Was he effective against the Warriors? No, but I think if fully healthy he’d show better than he did. Need to get a solid return if trading him or no deal.

Last year I felt like there was just some fine tuning that was needed, but I don’t feel like that this year.

#22 mikol13, Jun 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    quikkag, Deckard and B-Bob like this.
  3. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

I look at it like steroids in football. (Or the NBA, which should be the next major PED scandal to hit, given the rigors of their season and the fantastic sums of money elderly players can make for each additional year at the end of their careers) Anyway, it's not that this guy was smoking weed that's the bad thing---which is what I thought you were claiming in your earlier post----and again, in my limited experience dealing with NBA players, it's endemic in their group: it's that he was dumb enough to get caught. See, e.g., Brian Cushing for a local example.

I agree that it's a bad thing for his future career and I hope he gets the help he needs. Even if it's learning how to defeat the piss test.

4. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. basketballholic

Whst bothers me specifically is he never broke out with his jump shot. And he should have. He was developing a nice shot in college. If he had kept going with that in combination with his defense, his end to end speed and his motor.... he would've really broken out.

I'd definitely take him end of roster. But. .. missed opportunity for him. He's out of his rookie deal.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

New Uni’s !!!!

8. riko

riko Member

I like this. Elton was well respected under Rick amongst the team it seemed .

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

@Clutch and @BimaThug, you guys have already started the sequel podcast on this topic, right?

Clutch likes this.
  10. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Sounds like faried minus the young part.

11. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

When this podcast came out I was curious about what was going on with the Rockets, but had an idea that some of the rumors were overblown or addressed. I am much, much more curious about what in the world is going on with the Rockets right now. They said Fireworks were coming and I barely see lit candles. They pretty much only have the trade market left. Iggy going to the Lakers, maybe Marcus Morris, but not much else.

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Anderson IS Morey's mess

13. Nook

Nook Member

No, Les Alexander wanted the money spent

Deuce likes this.
  14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Number of years, team option, ng part, incentives/performance based

15. Nook

Nook Member

No, that was the going rate. In fact, at the time it was pointed out that Anderson turned down more money to sign with the Rockets.

The only possible mistake was that Morey had Anderson on his list of free agents to target. After the top free agents spurned the Rockets, Gordon and Anderson were next on the list. That was the year that Les Alexander was very angry at the Rockets performance and told Morey to spend the cap space or else, and he wanted the best players possible.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Anderson should have never been on the list.

Rockets wanted Horford and Bazemore and ended up with Anderson and Gordon.

Rockets poor season actually cost them more. They ORIGINALLY wanted to make a big play for KD, but their chitty season sabotaged that.

All of these things are connected

Ty Lawson > chitty training camp > MilkHair lost the team > Howard flaking > Locker room cliques > 41-41 > Lost out on KD > Lost out on Horford > Les is pissed > Anderson is signed > boat anchor contract. > Trade for Knight/Chriss > Throw away FRP to rid of Knight........

Everything matters. The butterfly effect.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I know where the forest is, but where are the trees?

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And I knew there was an Ashton Kutcher movie.