1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans needs some new writers

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Roscoe Arbuckle, Jan 1, 2018.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Just let Ben Dubose take control of the front page. He writes a little blurb and then does a detailed podcast after every game .

2. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Hahahahahahahahah

iNoseBleedRed likes this.
  3. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I don't think the highlights is a problem, just go on YouTube and watch them, usually they are on there 10 or 15 minutes after the game is over, as far as the writers am all for it, site needs to be updated daily.

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

I’d love to do it but don’t think the idea is something Clutch likes.

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Y'all ready For this?

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I can write some nice long articles. Title of my topic, wtf is wrong with Harden.

Jontro likes this.
  7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Why when your stepsister is already doing it?

DonKnock likes this.
  8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This would require finding a Clutchfan that doesn't have a schtick, like 99ers, Lin, McGrady, Media Conspiracies, Harden, Anderson, DMo, Rubio, Kellerman, Zhou Qi, or many many more.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's the Max Kellerman generation of sports fans
    there's no real passion, it's all fake

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I have yet to see anyone remotely intelligent treat BBH with any decorum of respect.

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Who cares if CF doesn't have articles or analysis of the most current game? We live in the INTERNET AGE now where those things pop up on YT or with a quick, easy Google search instantly. I rather Clutch & Crew spend their time and resources on things that are actually important.

12. Roscoe Arbuckle

Here's my take: I do food reviews as a hobby; some of which have gone national. But I never did it for the money. I have a passion for letting folks know how amazing the food scene is here.

Clutchfans is the perfect opportunity for finding promising new sportswriters and giving them a chance. They don't need money. If they're talented, writing for a season on Clutchfans is all the resume they would need.

I say this as someone who likes to write. I know there is a great writer on here that would be willing to throw their hat into the ring. Hell, Adam Clanton started here, and he would've been awesome.

CometsWin and Yung-T like this.
  13. Roscoe Arbuckle

But that's my main issue: ESPN, Chron, etc. never spoke to us about the game like Dave and Y'all did; it's what made this website what it was.

I don't care if you or Dave or Jeff, etc. can't do that daily stuff any longer. Find a fan on here who was as passionate as we all were 20 years ago. I guarantee they will work for free. (at least for a year, then recycle.)

14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I will put my name into the Goblet of Fire.

I once did write about a basketball game to suit the quest structure within extension english in senior school. I got this.

15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Just put this blurb below together since my above post. It's 10:30pm over here in Sydney so naturally I've had some drinks still being on holidays.

If I hadn't, I would've taken time to actually include:

- quotes throughout when they relate to what I've said
    - greater detail at the end actually going into issues
    - key parts of the game (ie would've mentioned the time of the game Harden's injury occurred etc) as I would be taking notes throughout the game since I watch on replay with League Pass no issues with pausing the broadcast.
    - a few of my own thoughts to certain aspects of the game

It may have taken 58 minutes, but the Houston Rockets have finally snapped their losing streak after a 148-142 double-overtime home win over the Los Angeles Lakers, the same Lakers who began the tailspin for this Rockets squad who all of a sudden now have greater things to worry about than trying to secure a win against the worst team in the Western Conference.

Seemingly unaware they’re at opposite ends of the standings, the Lakers entered Toyota Centre brimming with confidence after their most recent trip which saw the end of Houston’s 14 game win streak, and the career high of Lakers’ rookie Kyle Kuzma.

What is becoming a worrying trend for Houston, yet another player had a career night, and if it wasn’t for officials paying attention to the rule-book and disqualifying players who accrue their sixth foul, the Rockets could still well be on this losing streak.

In addition to Julius Randle’s downright filthy game of 29 points, 15 rebounds and 6 assists, Josh Hart was the most recent to show-out against the Rockets and scored a career high 26 points on only 13 attempted field goals, supported once again by Kyle Kuzma’s 23 and former-Rocket Tyler Ennis’ 20.

Randle, Hart and Ennis all found themselves wishing they played for the other Los Angeles team after being whistled for a sixth foul and forced to watch the conclusion from the bench, much to the relief of Rockets head coach Mike D’Antoni, who now must worry about life without MVP-candidate James Harden for the immediate future after he limped off with a Grade 2 Hamstring Strain late in the fourth quarter.

To that point, Harden was leading from the front offensively and working towards yet another ridiculously-efficient 50 point performance before succumbing to the worst injury of his career to date.

Cue Chris Paul from stage left, and although there was no video of Paul motioning to Harden “I got you”, he let his play do the talking down the stretch completely taking over both overtime periods and scoring 15 of his 26 points while still managing to assist on another 3 baskets when help defenders came to attempt to stop his foray into the heart of their defense.

Daryl Morey will no doubt be pleased that Paul was able to do exactly what he was brought to Houston for – carrying the offensive load when Harden cannot – however he must also be aware that the Los Angeles Lakers were not exactly the opposition he had envisioned this help paying off against.

There are glaring holes gradually appearing within this hopeful championship contender – and the recent injury crisis has helped bring them to the forefront much sooner than anyone would have anticipated. Thankfully for Houston, this is occurring well before the playoffs and will allow Morey to go into the trade-deadline with a clear idea of exactly what is required.

Yung-T likes this.
  16. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Umm....I think Adam Clanton started at Channel 2 like 10 years ago. #FakeNews

17. Roscoe Arbuckle

Sigh... Adam has stated on here himself that he was an intern when he first got on Clutchfans.

Know what you're talking about before you post. It'll make you seem less moronic.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

How about we do a writing contest. Let the posters vote for the winners.

19. aceman

aceman Contributing Member

Nice!

20. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Look at the site now!! Night/Day difference in home page updates, writing and initiating game theads!! Awesome job OP for the respectful call-out. The the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Props to Clutch and Crew for stepping up and continuing to provide us with the best sports fan made site ever. No competition. Go Rox!!