1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/24/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 23, 2018.

1. LUK3

LUK3 Member

Game 5 will be a rollercoaster, just like the Astros.

Get in a hole in the first quarter.

Tie it up in the second, go down, and tie it up again.

Rockets expand on the lead in the 3rd, getting a nice cushion.

Warriors will tie it up in the 4th, forcing OT.

Harden hits a game winning buzzerbeater from half court, and call it a day.

I’m putting 10 bucks in my left nut, this WILL happen.

2. JazzLakerHater

I honestly just want this series to be over with lol. It's been such a mentally draining week.

Tankeio, bro2044, eric.81 and 4 others like this.
  3. Texanstradamus

I’m so nervous for this game

bro2044 likes this.
  4. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Gotta take it one game at a time, let's win Game 5!

saleem, hakeem94, Mazulis and 2 others like this.
  5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Rockets -1. Easy money. Role players have a huge night and the MVP another boring 30+ pt performance

Rockets 108

Frauds 102

Tankeio, Smacktle, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  6. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

These guys will be at full strength! BET! Rockets need to take those hits and stay strong and disciplined. I predict a tougher more focused Warriors than game 4. Leaders gotta lead... dogs gotta fight... scorers gotta score...

I believe... I believe... I believe...

ryano2009 likes this.
  7. HookemHorns1250

Goodness. I was, and still am, perfectly fine with the Warriors "Not taking us seriously" (even though we all know they are). But my word..this is the second time this series they've gone to the media saying "We let one slip away, we just weren't as focused." Like they can't lose if they actually try. That kind of attitude is extremely annoying.

8. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

To be fair, I believe the Worriers were focused and trying to go up 3-1 in game 4. Rockets just shut them out when it mattered.

If anything I’d expect the same focus by the Worriers in game 5. I just hope the Rockets match them and not rest their laurels on the game 4 win

9. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

He finally figured out that D'Antoni hid his main playbook from him in Phenix .

Smacktle, macho GRANDE and hakeem94 like this.
  10. JavaJive

JavaJive Member

We have got to approach this game with the same intensity as we ended game 4 with. This is a golden opportunity now that we have gotten the home court advantage back. Also, I think our home crowd will be through the roof for this game. This is our best chance to seize the moment. We have been playing behind this whole series. Its now time to turn up the pressure on the Warriors and see how they handle it. Let's get this.

11. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

12. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

You dont think they thought the game was in the bag after the 3rd?

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

When have they ever had their backs against the wall though?

I mean, against OKC but then again...the guy that blew a 3-1 lead to them is now on their team...

They then had a 3-1 lead against the Cavs and we know how that went.

Every other series has been ez pz for them so I'm not sure what he's talking about there. They have had their backs against the walls one time and the guy that choked the series away is now leading their team.

Smacktle, bro2044, heypartner and 9 others like this.
  14. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

That's what I thought... is he just trying to find reasons to get motivated? The Rockets have not been the ones talking **** during the games or shoving anyone in the back or chest. I mean Chris Paul crossed over Curry, dropped him and no **** talking... James dunks all over Draymond and no shimmying... Eric dunks all over Loney and says nothing. James even blocks the the hell out of Curry and no "get that **** outta here " but Cook gets one block on Clint and he thinks hes King F-ing Kong... So now he just makes up some crap about them being good with there backs to the wall...

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Man if Harden had just been focused on D in the last 5 years we would have won 5 titles by now... ;)

Smacktle likes this.
  16. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Fake bravado. He says what he thinks he's supposed to say. His team doesn't handle adversity well and he knows it.

Rockets can win this series...they know it...and they're afraid.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Me too. Is CP3 fit? I believe he is still hurting. Which version of the Rockets
    will show up?

18. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Every playoff game against a defending champion is a must win game. However, this is absolutely a must win game for us. Otherwise, our run could be over at their home on Saturday.

The enemy will come out playing defense from the get go. Our players must be prepared for an elevated intensity pressure and must match punch for punch. Game 5 will be a war of attrition to see who is left standing.

Since the Worriers are making their big runs at the onset of the third quarter, I wonder if MDA has entertain putting our own death lineup (Gordon in, Capela out) to start the second half. I know it sounds risky, but MDA also gambled last game by playing only 6 1/2 players. We can't let them have another big 3rd quarter again.

Tankeio and saleem like this.
  19. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

The coach who starts Draymond Green is complaining that the other team is too physical? Please.

20. SteveFTB

SteveFTB Member

If I lived in Houston, I'd pay GOLD to go the TC...be loud guys!!! this game is THE game. If we lost this, is gonna be tough, real tough

They are angry as F, we'll see if we can get this W ... we'll see if you are ready to compete at 100%

Smacktle, Tankeio and saleem like this.