1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/10/2019 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 9, 2019.

1. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Seconded. Anything interesting or just more chatter?

Tfor3 likes this.
  2. solid

solid Contributing Member

The Terminator was difficult to kill; he just kept coming. Parts were hanging out, electronics were failing, but he wouldn't quit. Rockets aren't finished until they lose four games. They have two more chances not to lose a game.

Tfor3 and Patience like this.
  3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Mad Max needs to be on the bench during time outs.

He needs to grab every single player by the scruff of their necks, look them in the eyes and tell them to stop f*cking around.

This is the best chance we've ever had since Hakeem. The best chance we're going to have for a very long time.

4. MystikArkitect

Without Durant the Warriors cannot match the Rockets talent.

They need to be commended for fighting and hitting timely buckets but doing it for 12 minutes and 48 minutes are two different things.

It’ll be like last year but in reverse. They’ll fight but it’ll prove to not be enough.

Blowout Game 6. Comfortable win in Game 7.

hakeem94, BigShasta and YOLO like this.
  5. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Actually I would pay good money to put those two in a time machine and have them ready for game 6. My level of confidence would rise tenfold.

7. MikeT

MikeT Rookie

After the MRI, the warriors said it was a mild calf strain, and he would be back for the WCF.

8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I want the Rockets to rise to the occassion. Now is the moment.

Killatron 2000, deb4rockets and Lurch like this.
  9. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Another observation from game 5 was the return to slowly walking the ball across half court by Harden and barely making it before the eight second clock goes off. Harden's my favorite player by far but this drives me crazy as it allows GSW to sit back in their defense and next thing you know there are three seconds left on the clock and somebody is jacking up a bad shot and it's normally one and done for us with GSW grabbing the rebound and off to the races.

Why can't we play more pace and transition? I love all the 3's and I would not mind an occasional walking the ball up to mix things up but I think we would be more effective pushing the ball looking for an open shot and not having to force something at the end of the shot clock. It seems the offense would work more efficient this way and it would make GSW work harder on defense thereby taking away their energy so they would be less effective on offense.

With KD out, we are going to have to either double or fight through screens on both Curry and Thompson. This switching Capella onto Curry or Thompson is going to more often than not, work to their advantage. Capella needs to stick like glue on the Donkey and cut off his passing lanes and use his height advantage to grab rebounds and block shots.

We can still win this, but if we keep making the same mistakes over and over our only hope is that they have a poor shooting game. We are making this harder than it needs to be. And if it is close in the last part of the game we better figure out a way to free up Harden so he can take the majority of the shots down the stretch instead of relying on less capable players. I know this is all hindsight but we must learn from our mistakes.

10. WestendMassive

I would love to see some statistical analysis, if it exists, of the effectiveness and efficiency of possessions when Harden (or Paul, he does it too) walking it up and wasting 8 seconds in the backcourt.

From the eye test, it appears to be much less effective in getting a clean look. Sometimes I feel they try to be too cute with clock management instead of just playing basketball and piling pressure on the Warriors.

11. WarEagleRockets

Well theyre gonna get eliminated in 7, so it don't matter :)

MikeT, Tfor3, hieuytran and 1 other person like this.
  12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Most of big games this season, Rockets are disappointed.

Do not have high expectation.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I agree lol.

14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I hope Rockets at least have a shooting practice today.

I dont wanna watch 0-27 again in G6.

15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Curry pass ball to Klay
    Curry pass ball to Green

This will happen again and again.
    Cut these 2 passes, we can win.
    MDA has to be smarter!! please.

16. igotwhipscollectingdust

Philly winning today makes me nervous. Rockets better not let up

17. supastevefoo

supastevefoo Member

18. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

Looney killed us last night - game was lost on the boards. Need to punish them for keeping him on the court.

Don't want to see Capela for more than 15min unless he shows something miraculous. Donkey got him locked up and so scared he's fumbling everything coming his way.

deb4rockets likes this.
  19. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member

Curious how this weather will effect the game... will fans even be able to make it to it, telling people to stay off roads...

20. SORF

SORF Member

I have one thing to say to the Rockets team...NO EXCUSES, BEAT THE WARRIORS. Today I had breast cancer surgery, and I will beat cancer. NO EXCUSES! I'm going to win. I'm not afraid. I won't be tired. I will work hard. Rockets you need to do the same. Work your butts off and win the whole damn thing. No Excuses...