1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 11/15/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 14, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Correct though....NCAA is more competitive than the NBA (not better) and got more rounds.

RudyTBag likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There was no argument for this one other than situations can change.

For you to believe that the Rockets can win a championship, Chris Paul has to win it too.

For many years Chris could not make the 3rd round. Things change, they do not stay the same. It's tough in the West.

Also the East is much better this year. I know the Rockets dominate the Eastern Conference but there is always a doubt there.

Nobody is running away in the standings, it's all competitive.

I also count in injury proneness.

3. theimpossibles1

Cousins...Melo...Westbrook...Dwight...etc.

What do they all have in common? They put up big numbers, they have a me first mentality (whether or not they admit it), and they are perennial losers.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I did not see whole lot of guys against Melo joining the Rox this year and even last year...... 'hey it was for a minimum contract.' 'Melo is still a good scorer' ble bleh.

Morey included.

Thousands of threads later...... we know.

Cousins is the most valuable out of the names you mentioned because of skillset and what he can bring to a team. Skilled Bigs are hard to come by.

That is why a washed up Pau Gasol is still pulling rebounds. When not injured.

5. theimpossibles1

Sure all of the excitable kids in the forum created 100s of Melo threads but there have always been a HUGE number of posters (myself included) who were not happy about his aquisition.

Furthermore, all of that is irrelevant to the discussion at hand which relates to Cousins and the mold in which he and Melo and the others that I mentioned fit into.

I also mentioned Dwight Howard. One of the most highly touted "skilled bigs" in his glory days. How conveniently you ignored that.

At the end of the day, career losers are career losers.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Very simple. What people wished for Capela.

To develop a shot. To create some of his shots. To be more skilled and a better passer.

Well, you got your answer.

7. theimpossibles1

Purple tangerines. Zydeco music. Rafer Alston.

Well, you got your answer.

Just messin.

#1127 theimpossibles1, Nov 17, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    daywalker02 and hakeem94 like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So Dwight Howard could hit 3 pointers consistently in his heydays? So Dwight Howard wasn't the super freakish high jumper?

People foresaw his decline, he didn't develop a shot. Yes, sure. Shaq also did not develop it but Dwight wasn't in Shaq's league.

It was all about athleticism for him, once that is gone, very simple, he is gone.

Also his postgame was just mediocre for a 'superstar'.

#1128 daywalker02, Nov 17, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahahahah 100% my thoughts exactly!

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  10. smp

smp Member

It will be interesting to see the cousins/Donkey drama play out. Cousins isnt going to let Green disrespect him. Green isnt going to like cousins taking even more of the spotlight away from him. They will be fighting each other for shots in the paint and rebounds. I'm hoping for a full on team meltdown on that team.

theimpossibles1 and hakeem94 like this.
  11. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

When Melo came into the league, Gary Clark was 9 years old. He grew up watching him play. What excites me even more about Clark (and his potential in the league) is how he has already played under pressure knowing any minute he got to play in a game was Melo's minutes.

Melo's biggest concern seems to be his legacy, and how we wants to be remembered leaving the game. He was fine with his role until an undrafted rookie outplayed him and took his minutes.

I'm sure it was difficult for Clark even approaching Melo for advice, etc. I feel it made him even more nervous in games.

Clark is going to get better and better... And I like Clark "Kent".. played with a broken ankle, had a breakout game against the Warriors on national TV while injured, and might have saved this Rockets season. Somebody get this man a cape.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Gordon is on fire. Good.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hallelujah!

14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I picture him walking a Great Dane, but a dachshund would be funny.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It was actually smaller than a dachshund. It looked like a pug.

16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

. If I had to guess which Rocket had a pug, my guess would have been Gordon or CP3. I see Hartenstein with a Great Dane, Clint with a German Sheppard, Tucker with a Rottweiler, and Green with a Pitt Bull. I can't even picture Harden with a dog.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

juts one thing that went pretty unnoticed by the board and where the power of the worries lies

rockets were struggling to close the quarter, its 50 seconds to go in the first half, score is 44:39 rockets
    Durant dribbling lightning quick past harden in transition, hes gonna dunk it for 44:41 , one possesion game.. but instead we hear
    the whistle....refs called carrying the ball
    harden hits a quick 3pt on the other side, and now its 47:39 rockets, 8 points advantage, 3 possesions game,
    5 points swing produced by 1 single call that might be called on not ... nobody would have said anything if carrying wasn't called

Kevooooo and Jake Tower like this.
  18. travfrancis

travfrancis Member

Harden I guess would have an English Bulldog.

19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'm thinking the only dog I can picture him with is a hotdog.