1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 11/15/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 14, 2018.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Wrong...

The 18-19 rockets are getting it together

2. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Amazing game to watch. Don't care for the Curry excuses. Warriors had THREE all-stars out there versus ONE.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Just watched the game with the Warriors announcers and it was painful to hear. They gave the defense absolutely no credit and were just belittling the Rockets all game long. That game looked exactly like the WCF last season, it's not surprising that the Rockets can short circuit the Warriors' offense. They just can't accept that the Rockets can just straight up beat their asses regularly. It's been demonstrated last year in the regular season, in the playoffs, and now this season.

D-rock, Deckard, joshuaao and 5 others like this.
  4. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

Is it just me or does Draymond always come up with an "injury" the same time curry does? He just got ruled out for Dallas.

I've said for years he gets way too much credit, and hides behind steph's greatness. sigh ... Anyone else see him try to play hero ball last season when steph went out and he airballed a 3 at the end of regulation? lolz

I guess maybe it's just an added benefit to cool down from all this kd drama or whatnot.

D-rock, Jake Tower and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Hmc415

Hmc415 Member

Yup I live in the bay so tnt was blacked out. No credit given to Houston by them

joshuaao and clutchdabear like this.
  6. 9baller

9baller Member

Although we have beat them regularly, in none of the games did we beat them at full strength. I think that the Rockets can do it, but it is at least worth mentioning that we haven't done it yet.

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol they have 5 all stars and 7 hofers of course they will always be missing somebody to injury or something

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  8. theimpossibles1

I have eaten many pizzas, but none of them were crafted by an Italian masterchef in the foothills of Sicily on a cloudless Sunday afternoon. Thought it was worth mentioning.

RudyTBag and hakeem94 like this.
  9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lol wcfs last year. So u agree they dont deserve to be champs because they didnt beat a 2 superstar rockets team

Give the team ur supposedly a fan of some credit

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If, a bigger if, DeMarcus Cousins plays a like a beast, they are very tough to beat.

Cousins can do many things Draymond can do and can score better.

Curry is averaging 29.5 ppg and I think he will likely outscore Durant, when he does, they are tough to beat.

Curry = Harden for them clearly and not Durant.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Steve Kerr comes up with pathetic excuses for GS's losses to our Houston Rockets. Everybody knows that a fit Chris Paul would have knocked GS out of the WCF's.
    The former MVP of the finals, Iggy couldn't lift them up either. So much for that theory.:rolleyes:

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i dont fear cousins at all, looney and other disciplined know your place players always give us more problems than cousins... au contraire i would have absolutely loved to tear them up with cousins...i can only see them been much worse with cousins

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Cousins was dropping 26-40 left and right before he got injured.....was even on the MVP list before his teammate AD for a stretch of games.

Wouldn't count him out entirely, even with such a severe injury.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. 9baller

9baller Member

I didn't mean to imply that the Warriors are better. We all know that the Rockets are one of the few teams (the only one?) that can actually beat them in a series. We are built to beat them. I do give my team plenty of credit. We are in a great era for Rockets basketball.

theimpossibles1 and hakeem94 like this.
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But he gives up at least that much on the other end. His entire career he has been feasted on by Harden/Clint in the pick and roll.

Sooooo happy to that he is joining their defense. Amazing for our style. He will also take away shots from more efficient players, Steph/KD. For this I am also thrilled.

joshuaao, HP3, ParaSolid and 2 others like this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol ...still not afraid .......this is more like giggling...he was always putting prolific stats in meaningless games....ill rather have healthy boogie take shots even if we are to play with only 4 players,
    over curry taking shots and we play without the handicap

#1117 hakeem94, Nov 17, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    HP3 and theimpossibles1 like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's not about you being afraid or not.

It's about if he can impact their game. Those are 5 Team US guys on the court.

I believe you are not even afraid of teh refs....but the refs would favor them again.

I watched some DeMarcus games on a bad team but Kentucky DeMarcus was a winner.

And the NO DeMarcus was getting good again.

At teh end y'all are saying I dun watch the NBA again, then come back next season to say the same thing again.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wait, what? That team was supposed to be completely dominant, and If I recall correctly they got beatdown by a couple career GLeaguers in West Virginia.

Super underachievers...

theimpossibles1 and daywalker02 like this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

when i say i am not afraid it doesnt mean i can impact the game its a metaphor for my opinion(or your arguments) that i trust much :)
    and imho

1 based on the history we have the boogies number...
    2 even healthy booogie, let alone one with a devastating injury, is kinda like a carmelo lite, he is a hole on defense,
    3 he is weak minded dwightlike player, you can easily get best of him, he loses temper easily, he can turn the refs against him, he can lose temper and get suspended
    4 he is a plus for us because he takes the shots off of curry klay durant

and the refs are altogether a different topic...we are speaking basketball on the court here
    if the refs still want them to win theyll win...its irrelevant if they play with or without boogie with or without the steph etc...

HP3, RudyTBag and theimpossibles1 like this.