1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 11/15/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 14, 2018.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I was thinking of some recent slow starts by Texas basketball teams followed by huge turnarounds when reflecting on the Rockets stumbling out of the gate 1-5 before winning 6 of 8. The 1994-95 San Antonio Spurs began that season 7-9 before they kicked the crap out of the Rockets at the Summit and then dominated the rest of the regular season, winding up with a 62-20 record(before losing in the WCF to you know who). Now in fairness, that Spurs team did have a new coach(Bob Hill), a new GM(Pop), and several new additions or re-additions like Avery Johnson, Sean Elliott, Chuck Person, and Doc Rivers. But when they finally clicked, they looked unstoppable at times.

The 2006-07 Mavericks who went 67-15 actually started that season 0-4 believe it or not. I don't recall much turnover on that team. They were coming off the 2006 Finals, so I'm pretty sure Cuban returned them mostly intact. I suppose it could've been a post-Finals hangover or depression given how they went from almost going up 3-0 in that series to losing in 6 to the Heat. And yes, I know that 67-win season ended in a first round upset to the Warriors, but I'm just focusing on the regular season.

So it wouldn't shock me if the Rockets went on a nice run from here given they're mostly healthy(knock on wood), the Melo situation has been dealt with, the schedule is lightening up a bit, and Bzdelik is coming back.

2. GradyMcTracy

GradyMcTracy Member

Found this on a warrior forum:
    "Before last night, the Warriors had just 7 total quarters with fewer than 24 points scored. And no more than one of these quarters in any game, and 2 of these 7 were in the 4th quarter of blowout victories."
    Last night: ALL FOUR QUARTERS

Deckard, Communist, BigMaloe and 5 others like this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I only saw the highlights, so my observations are limited, but GS didn't take Houston lightly. Their interior defense was good, they were times they rotated out on the perimeter too. The Rockets looked great with their shooting and steals.

It's a confidence booster for sure. Morey needs to lock Clark up. Can Vince improve on defense and shooting to make a contribution?

Unfortunately, we don't have the assets to make a big move, we still need a big swingman and a good backup PG.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

houston doesn't need a pg. they just need a competent combo guard that has to be atleast respected on the perimeter. that would be knight but obviously there's no timetable.

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Deckard, Patience, cheke64 and 6 others like this.
  6. alethios

alethios Member

Of course it wasn't called, just like the opening GSW scoring play where Green passed to KD on a fast break and pushed Ennis down at the same time. I thought Ennis fell but it's clear to me Donkey pushed him. Another non-call.

7. smp

smp Member

That game was so fun to watch. I love to see arrogant people get demolished. Especially by the rockets.

Deckard, joshuaao, BigShasta and 6 others like this.
  8. smp

smp Member

Klay suffers the most from our switching. He's used to hiding behind moving screens. Make him dribble and create his own shot and he becomes an average player.

It's kind of funny watching him try to create offense.

joshuaao, BigShasta, saleem and 6 others like this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The SWAG is back!

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

ESPN's the Jump giving the Rockets some props.

Deuce likes this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Just ran into Hartenstein at Discovery Green walking his dog, lol.

14. count_dough-ku

It's a beautiful day. He should be out there.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

It is nice out here. Nobody knew who he was. They were all interested in his dog though.

BigMaloe likes this.
  16. count_dough-ku

I'll be honest. I probably wouldn't recognize his face since it's so early in the season(and in his career). He's tall though, so he'd certainly stand out in a crowd.

17. alethios

alethios Member

IDK, to me it looks like Draymond is braying.

Remlap likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nowitzki won an MVP before getting embarrassed. Good times. The award was handed out just before the playoffs.

saleem likes this.
  19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Tell me...

Is the @Reeko I love and enjoy back now?

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

17-18 Rockets slowly starting to make an appearance after the horrific start to the season

joshuaao, HP3, alethios and 3 others like this.