1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 1/24/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 24, 2020.

1. TimDuncanDonaut

Bunch of bumps and bruises. Tonight's game alone. Napier rolled an ankle. Towns fell on his back, had to leave for a while. Then a knee from Towns driven into Harden's thigh.

\MDA should talk with Harden about next few games, and decide together. See if they can rest him more.

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Russ is playing like a madman with a purpose, EGO is getting back to his best form, and Harden is in a funk. We won!

Just wait til Harden is back at his best and we have the triple threat that can take down the best in the West. Add in a healthy Tucker, a healed heel Clint, an addition at the wing, and I say "It's on baby!"

BigShasta, jcmoon, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i bet you were not saying this in December when he was killing it................

It is January, calm down. Plenty of time to get on a roll again

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  4. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

The Twitter fools are even worse. They've been loving Harden's slump. So quick to say he's not the greatest scorer ever or he's really ass, yet are nowhere to be seen as soon as he drops 40 plus.

Never seen a player get this much hate as much as Harden does.

5. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Remember when Mike was going to reduce PJ Tucker's minutes and play Hartenstein more? Good times...

Richie_Rich, joshuaao, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's just so maddening. We Rockets fans always laugh at the load management coaches, but they have a vision of the future. Rockets don't load manage, but Rockets still lose the same amount of games as the load managers.

Rockets have capable players when paired with stars. I don't know why MDA thinks it's too crazy to play them. The Timberwolves were playing people on Boys and Girls Club contracts.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He’ll never learn. I don’t even know why I get upset with it anymore. I know it’s not changing. I know Harden is going to get burned out before the playoffs. I know Hartenstein is going to develop.

I hope the next coach understands the value of roster management.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

Mike has got to sit James and play Hartenstein...other than that, there is nothing else to really be done until we get a trade.

J Sizzle and Stormy1234 like this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol that burned out before the playoffs stuff is nonsense. It has never happend to James.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Big tRUSS WOO WOO WestGOAT

[​IMG]

11. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

They are haters and idiots. True Rockets fans appreciate how great Harden has been over so many years. He more than earned enough cache to play a full year worth of bad games. Still, Harden ain't right. Need rest and reset, and I'm not even sure that is more mental than physical at this point. Carrying a team on his back year in, year out has got to take a toll on you.

Stormy1234, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

13. SORF

SORF Member

I'm convinced Harden is playing through injuries. Westbrook ducked that question during tonight's post-game questioning....and he handled it cleverly. Clearly Westbrook knows Harden's injury and is stepping up for the team and Harden. I believe it is time for Harden to sit out and move EG into his spot. Let Westbrook and EG lead the team for a game or two. Also, Harden needs to limit his minutes in the All-star game or possibly sit it out on the bench.

joshuaao, BigShasta, jcmoon and 2 others like this.
  14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Nice to see WB playing good smart BBall

#654 larsv8, Jan 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    vator and D-rock like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Definition for sabotage requires deliberation. There is no accidental sabotage.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As much as this is well intentioned, the 13 pts by Harden was still the difference tonight, another scrub wouldn't necessarily have scored that much, or the game would have gotten close.

Crazy but WB's 45 was nearly not enough.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

Keep it coming.

Fukn love it!!

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Remlap

Remlap Member

[​IMG]

EXACTLY why we're struggling lately
    Thank goodness Eric has shown some life and WB has been a force.
    The rest of the crew has gone into hibernation
    CF'ers hang it on the coach. But, tough to win when guys who are supposed to
    contribute have nights like this all too often.

bro2044, hakeem94 and fckbandwagons like this.
  19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I don't remember Harden slumping this hard before.. if he is really gassed or injured, he needs to rest instead of keep playing especially with our upcoming schedule.

GotGame15 likes this.
  20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I have accepted that MDA will simply not play Hartenstein in any competitive minutes the rest of the season.

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.