1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 4/22/2019 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2019.

1. RetroRockets

RetroRockets Member

you play the warriors for what, adam silver sees the tv ratings down. you think he gonna let his precious warriors lose to the unwatchable james harden

this season while great for harden will be a waste. You arent letting harden win a title and even with his historic season he wont win mvp. The league is targeting him. I believe they left him off all nba because he had at the time more all nba selections than steph curry. And i bet they want him to not make an all-star team too, so curry can catch up to him appearances lol. And no way they let harden catch curry in total mvps

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I'm not even worried. The Jazz are a completely different team away from home. Their crowd is what motivates them. Have you not heard how loud they get when the Jazz are on top?

And there's no way we miss that many shots again. As I said, we're a team where we'll have bad shooting quarter once in a while. We live and die by the 3.... which why I don't really rate MDA all that much as a coach.

RyanB, hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  3. riko

riko Member

I noticed once he sat is when we started struggling on offense and Mitchell got hot. Mike probaly should have instantly inserted him at the start of the fourth.

RyanB and Hakeemtheking like this.
  4. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

The Warriors won't guard Harden the same way.... simply because they can't. They don't have the defensive team the Jazz do. I honestly believe the Jazz are the best defensive team in the NBA.... especially at home. Nobody in that Warriors team has defended well this season.

RyanB and hakeem94 like this.
  5. RetroRockets

RetroRockets Member

The refs will let the warriors body check Harden, and Harden will be on his toes because everytime harden tries to play defense the same way the refs are instructed to call a foul

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. YaoMingsSoulja

its hard to win 4 in a row in the playoffs, especially against the best defense in the league. Rockets will bounce back on Wednesday and put the game away. Crowder doesn't go 5/5 in the first quarter "I GUARANTEEEEE IT"

RyanB and BigShasta like this.
  7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Because I watch the Rockets playoff game while you watch Game of Thrones you think I must live on this site? Oh yeah, you think real fans don't need to watch the games.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

That's the only way the Warriors are going to win. If they win that way, it wouldn't surprise me. It's not a coincidence we're 3-1 up over them this season. We have their number..... and the Warriors know it.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

The one where his shoe gave out / ankle rolled over...k

BigShasta likes this.
  12. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Clint's ass should be in the paint to start with. The Jazz had 52 points in the paint.....they regularly sliced all the way to the basket with success.We offer no resistance in the paint. Jimmy guarding Goober is flat stupid.

13. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

CP3 was 8-19 like Jimmy as well. ..2 of 8 from 3 pt., 5 of 6 from FT. So, they both had very similar games.

14. Texanstradamus

That’s cause he did

bmelo likes this.
  15. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

He has 113 points, 34 assists and 30 rebounds in 4 games. Yeah, clearly choking. Big 4th quarter in game 3 that won us the game.... good 3rd quarter today which gave us the lead. We only lost because Harden didn't start the 4th quarter.

Stormy1234 and BMoney like this.
  16. Rocketeer4Life

Does anyone know why Faried didn't play?

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It doesn't need to be one ref calling everything every time to have the fix in...

But I'm glad we were just utter trash in the trying department to close out the game, so we can't blame it on the refs.

We played some damn stupid basketball today.

For the life of me I'll never know why we seem to collapse on Rubio drives, not once, but as a f*cking game plan. LOL

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  18. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

The Utah side of this series really makes me envious of their home atmosphere. Harden's heel heat is so intense you think he was Vickie Guerrero. That wide shot of the crowd going ballistic when Mitchell hit those clutch threes was beautiful.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

that's the b**** who always tries to get into a fight w/ harden so that his scrubass and an mvp can get ejected

hakeem94, Stormy1234 and BMoney like this.
  20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

@smoothie there were 2 of silver's fixers for this game -- the other one you alluded to was pat fraher

jcf likes this.