1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Jazz 4/22/2019 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Mr. Space City

Watch Scott foster officiate game 5

BasketMAD likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm actually taking about defense. If the Jazz are playing illegal defense by having Golbert camp in the paint, then the Rockets should do the same because we are currently a revolving door in the paint. We don't need Capella running around guarding guards at the perimeter getting even more winded and leaving midgets to guard our paint.

AuburnRocket likes this.
  3. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

You honestly think Rockets are winning every game in Houston?

4. riko

riko Member

I wasn’t to worried about Paul tonight. He played hard and was aggressive and that’s all you can ask for like James in game3. I don’t know what his shot chart ended up being( probably not great) but he was aggressive and the shots will fall in game 5 . Also Harden was the reason we got hot in the third quarter but once he sat our offense went to crap and Mitchell got hot.

AuburnRocket likes this.
  5. carib

carib Member

Utah made some adjustments in game 3 and the Rockets got a gritty win. Similar stuff in Game 4 except Crowder and Rubio were more aggressive and the Rockets closed the game missing around 12 to 13 3's in a row. Yes Harden has a good mid range game as well as Paul. When Harden is hitting his floaters it helps tremendously against a good shot blocking team because it puts Gobert and Favors in a tough spot, about contesting and allowing the lob to Capela. If he is struggling again with the floaters then a few pull up jumpers might be wise if the Rockets are in a stretch struggling from 3. Some of the lob passes where off tonight, whoever the Jazz had coming over to deal with Capela when their Center stepped forward, was someone Capela or Faried could easily out jump in the air, the key is Capela and Faried positioning themselves well based on that help defender. Did not see much high screen and roll with Capela or Faried.
    Rough night, the 3's stop dropping towards the end, Rockets getting killed on the rebounding and Utah was tough to score on in the paint.
    MDA, Paul and Harden have a sharp brains they will figure out how to get this offense rolling again and getting the other Rockets players baskets.

BigShasta and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

If they struggle against those scrubs, wait until they have to play the Warriors, Bucks or Raptors. Yeesh...

bmelo likes this.
  7. igotwhipscollectingdust

8. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I would rather play against the Warriors, the Bucks and the Raptors. Neither of those teams have a great defensive center like Gobert to pick up in the paint. He's probably the reason why the Jazz have been great defense wise the last 2 games.

Remlap and BigShasta like this.
  9. Mr. Space City

Rockets up 3-1 and people in here acting like they’re down 1-3.

I thought this series would go to 6.

Closing them out in 5 is ahead of schedule.

BeBreezy, Remlap and HP3 like this.
  10. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Why would they lose every game in the Oracle? The Rockets took the series lead in GS last year and probably would've close it out in game 6.

GS is not this unbeatable home team. Even Cleveland and that shitty roster should've won in game 1.

topfive likes this.
  11. Zergling

Zergling Member

Gotta love it. Because the Rockets failed to sweep the Utah Jazz (one of the hottest 2nd half teams in the NBA), the team now has major issues.

Remlap, BigShasta and Hmc415 like this.
  12. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Scrubs? Are you out of your mind?

13. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Other than the PNR, Clint has no offensive game....none. The alley oop lob is it. Jimmy fed him time after time and he shat the bed. Take the ball with TWO damn hands and jam it. My goodness, this ain't rocket science ...take the damn ball and FORCEFULLY with 2 hands slam the ball.Don't go up with that weak crap.

Mr. Space City and DavidRocket like this.
  14. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Utah is ****ing good. They are a fantastic team actually. They finished AHEAD of us by advanced metrics this season.

They shoot well at home and get to play even more physically defensively. They played like a 60+ win team in Utah this season.

That this was STILL competitive while Capela was nearly dying shows how good the Rockets are.

BigShasta, Hmc415, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  15. JazzLakerHater

Call me a concern troll, but I’m worried about game 5. Utah is more comfortable guarding us now, and we simply are not getting any points on the paint. And it took a herculean effort by Chris Paul to squeak by them last year in game 5.

bmelo likes this.
  16. SORF

SORF Member

That's what I'm afraid will happen.

17. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I guarantee you if we start Harden at the 4th quarter we go on to win the game. He had a really good 3rd quarter..... and I doubt they go on a 15-1 run.

18. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

pretty sure nobody thought we were going to lose even 1 game but ok

DavidRocket likes this.
  19. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

This was very timely comic relief for me in an otherwise frustrating Rockets watching night. Thanks for that lol.

20. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Hate the 8 TO but I'll take 8-19 from the field,6-12 from 3 pt. range,8-8 from the FT line and 30 pts. ANY TIME. As someone pointed out here, it's when Jimmy sits that we seem to get in trouble. The bench gave us FIVE points ! Of the 86 from starters, he was 30 of those.