1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pelicans @ Rockets 12/11/2017

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 11, 2017.

1. macan

macan Member

man friday can't come quick enough...

RocketsTerps likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so you're saying we're on a ten- @DreamShook streak?

3. Remlap

Remlap Member

PJ Tucker - unsung hero
    + 21 in 23 min of play. Small ball lineup
    He helped keep Cousins in check and anchored the defense for the comeback

RocketsTerps and saleem like this.
  4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

you don't let people shoot that percentage, especially from three. They either hit their shots or they don't, you can rarely stop a player from taking a shot

saleem likes this.
  5. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Checked ESPN yesterday and today and nothing about our streak. And watch a couple of shows n they mainly mention the possibility of us getting Lebron. But nothing really about us this year.

Headline was all about Lonzo in MSG.
    :p

RocketsTerps likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You obviously have never played defense

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

They weren't wide open but they weren't really being challenged either on most of them. I saw many times Rockets players flat foot on a shot attempt. I get they don't want to risk fouling the guy, but it was more the effort prior to the shot that looked weak.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I made a comment on the lackadaisical D in the last two games both of which the team had to dig itself against .500 teams as you say. You're say it was back to back flukes? Give me a break.

If you watched the game and can't tell me with a straight face the 4th qtr defense was completely different that the prior 3 qtrs in both games. Clearly the defensive effort was not there the first 3/4 of the game. Are you saying that it was just hot shooting and the Rockets did nothing different in Q4?

Whatever. I'm sick of guys like you unable to look at a game objectively because you're such a homer. It's Rah rah rah or you're not a fan.

saleem likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

It was fantastic up until the first 3/4 of the last two games.

Great teams don't pat themselves on the back after having to dig themselves out of a double digit hole. They are hard on themselves. That's what it takes. And frankly when you see lackluster effort to start two games in a row it raises an eyebrow that perhaps this team is becoming a bit complacent.

saleem likes this.
  10. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

they aren't mutually exclusive. our defense wasn't that bad in the first 3 quarters, but they did hit some extremely difficult shots. defense was obviously turned up in the 4th, and they did still kinda hit some difficult shots, just not with the same volume as the previous 3 quarters. law of averages and what not.

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I am saying nothing

12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i have a lot of times.......but going by your forum name, i wouldn't be talking too much about defence ;)

in all seriousness, defence is not giving players good shots or good looks............but sometimes players still hit the shots even if you are playing good defence and are in their face

Htownballer38 likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

you realize the rockets are riding a month long win streak. theres no such thing as locking down on defense every single night. teams are going to have hot nights. thats just the way it is.

oh wait GS let the pistons drop 110+ pts on them. fire the alarm!! the homer label has nothing to do with anything. youre talking about objectively when youre finding the dumbest reason to complain

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

great teams find a way to win regardless of the circumstances bc thats the biggest thing that matters when the clock is 0:00 at the end of the game.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

bill kennedy reffing tonite

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

but not a fluke according to @Sweet Lou 4 2

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Go rewatch the game and you will see the Pelicans made a lot of contested shots.

I know you heard this analogy before: great defense but even better offense.

And if you played basketball before, you know once a player gets hot its very difficult to stop them

#1218 Htownballer38, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    pippendagimp likes this.
  19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i hadn't seen a shooting display like that since the 80's. maybe kiki vandeweghe and alex english

hakeem94 and Htownballer38 like this.
  20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You're crazy if you really believe. Dude every great team has had to dig themselves out of holes to win games and even championships. Our very own champions had to do that against the Suns remember?

Oh and I just watched the Warriors come from behind a few days ago. That just shows true hard work grit. You'r going to have games like that.