1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Kings @ Rockets 11/17/2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 17, 2018.

1. THEGLIDEc

THEGLIDEc Member

I agree but Melo situation is really interesting. It does seem pretty dramatic how whole team has changed since he hasn't been playing. His overall stats for the 10 games he played is 13.4p/5.4r on 41/33/68%, which obviously isn't great (and of course doesn't really track his defense), but he did look like he's getting a bit more comfortable towards the end (9/12 fg vs BKN, 8/14 fg vs CHI) before his bad final game (1/11 fg vs OKC). I think ultimately his case is about culture and chemistry. Melo obviously has been a superstar and a HOF, and just too big of a personality to fit into the culture - esp when the game's evolved and his game hasn't really adjusted, like many other aging superstars. This is why I think CP3 deserves a lot of credit that even last year, he's made himself fit into the offense and this speaks to his intelligence and instincts. I really think CP3's adaptability and intelligence have gone underappreciated.

ak99999, fattz, BigMaloe and 15 others like this.
  2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Can we please move on from the Melo talk. It didn't workout, so we're moving right along and looking darn good might I add.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Really only 1 person thinks De Andre Jordan is better than Clint Capela.

CC made WCS his b**** the whole game but if you ask that person I'm sure he'll say CC belongs in China while WCS is the future lol.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

You can really see the mentality of most people here in CF they only want to complain.

BigMaloe, Patience and HP3 like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is why its weird to me cp3 cant hit him with the lobs like harden or how he used to hit DAJ with
    btw its awesome that Gordon started finding him better lately

macho GRANDE and HP3 like this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

new kings are legit but rockets were old rockets who were the best team in the league now

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

the girl that hit the ft was hillarious!

Houstunna likes this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

Honestly(and I dont mean this as disrespect haha) if that song has some of the worst lyrics youve ever heard than you may not have listened to many rap songs.

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

well, kinda, but it depends on who was watching the game
    i am sure there were some ppl outthere who found it infuriating, ppl who struggle spiritually ;)
    [​IMG]

10. HP3

HP3 Member

I have no idea why I used the phrase "rap songs" but there it is

11. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

@thatgirllaylay on IG

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. basketballholic

This game wss fool's gold.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Were WCS and CC on the opposite sides what would be the score?

BigMaloe, D-rock and Swiss Roll like this.
  15. basketballholic

Probably about the same point gap with maybe a little lower score. Kings are young and they didn't have a chance.

WCS is a few cards shy of a full deck. He has character issues that Capela doesn't have. I like him a lot at his current salary. (More so than Capela at his.)

Just like Hassan (and how I felt/feel about Capela), I WOULD NOT pay WCS big money. I'd try to make him look as good as possible and then trade him by the deadline. In today's NBA he's just another big.

Capela played great last night. Best I've seen him look all season. He was a difference maker in that game. But....that game was fool's gold.

Sacramento is a lottery team. And they're also feeling the disconnect between the coach and front office.

You simply can't take anything from that game that gives you confidence we're back to last year's level of play. WE AREN'T! Doesn't matter that we've rattled off 6 out of 8. And it won't matter when we win 30 of the next 40. This team is not as good as last year's team.

For us to win a championship this year we've actually got to be better than last year's team. I'm not talking about just healthier in the playoffs. I'm saying we've got to be better than last year's healthy team. Because the Warriors and whoever comes out of the East are better than last year's Finals teams and some other WC teams are much improved from last season.

We're going to have to make major roster adjustments to put ourselves in a position to win a championship this season. We are not good enough.

#455 basketballholic, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    hakeem94 likes this.
  16. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

What’s the best way for me to find the guy on Venice Blvd wearing a Rockets shirt yesterday, whom I revealed myself to be a huge fan and that we were going to get it done vs the Kings yesterday? Two die hard Rockets fans in LA, that dude has to be a clutchfans member. Lol I must have surprised him a little with my enthusiasm

Little Bit likes this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

who are 2 best players in a playoffs series gsw vs rockets, if there is such a classification in your weltanschauung?

in my opinion these are 1 Harden and 2. cp3 then you have 3.Curry 4. Durant

basketballholic likes this.
  18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Happy with the win but we must start getting Paul's minutes down. 33 minutes per: a sure road to season-short-circuiting hamstring injury, or similar.

19. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I agree with the notion that we will need a pretty significant upgrade to win it all.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Enjoyed this game quite a bit. Nice to get the first "boring win" of the season.

Rockets are 28-2 when CP goes for 20+ points. What that means is, when Harden has a "second star" scoring 20+ points this team is tough to beat. It is also why the idea of getting Jimmy Butler was a good one. Rockets need to keep looking for more high end talent.

Capela was awesome tonight. The key is consistency and stamina.