1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clown world: illegal immigrants sue over detention conditions

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BruceAndre, Aug 20, 2019.

1. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

If you are disagreeing with my post, it seems to me that you must, ipso facto, accept the story that the MSM is putting out.

The MSM. Yes, that same entity that has TDS and makes up anything and everything to smear him, and helps or enables the left in its efforts to import voters.

2. marky :)

marky :) Member

No. I'm pointing out your "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time" shtick being a stupid generalization of a situation that could possibly be happening. Just because I think that you're opinion on this is dumb doesn't mean I believe that is what is actually happening in these situations.
    Maybe the reports are bs but you would rather chalk it up to "Another attempt by the libs to attack Trump" rather than realize that those people in the detention centers are actual human beings that could possibly need help. So I'm questioning your moral compass regardless of being a dem/rep.

FranchiseBlade and foh like this.
  3. foh

foh Member

How low will you go? Would you shoot them on sight from your MAGNIFICENT TRUMP wall for fun? Inside US too?

It sounds like you are saying that these people obviously don't deserve to be treated like human beings and don't deserve to claim/fight inhuman conditions in the venues that are allowed to them (ie a court of law), right? Are you a proponent of human trafficking too then? You know that there are such things as UN conventions and just plain old laws of humanity (ever hear of golden rule?) and not just the executive orders of a xenophobe president.

(I'll be honest: I hope you say something low enough to get you banned...)

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The administration has chosen to lock up and detain people who are seeking asylum.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If people are still asking themselves “what do Trump supporters get out supporting Trump” I think they just need to follow what people like Bruce say online as exhibit A.

Sport trolling is a hobby for many in Trumps base. Cruelty and cynicism is the point. It’s a sport and gives them the same emotional high they might get with a high score playing a video game. Thats how real it is to them too with how distant our society is now to reality with the inflection of technology. Old people do this with Facebook memes and commenting to troll and get a chuckle. Younger Trumpers flood forums like Reddit or this one to sport troll for kicks.

Being an A$$ is kinda the point of being a Trumper. It’s a sport and gives off an emotional high. Trumps policies and the REAL LIFE impact have very little to do with the appeal of being a true Trumper. The real women and children at the border are about as real as the mushrooms Mario might consume in Super Mario Bros.

6. biff17

biff17 Member

Once again you post something that shows how truly ignorant you are.

The people in detention are the overwhelmingly ones who turn themselves in at ports of entry

7. biff17

biff17 Member

That's the point, they don't even have cots to sleep on.

8. biff17

biff17 Member

Ding, Ding, Ding.

You summed it up very well.

dobro1229 likes this.
  9. foh

foh Member

Trolls are people who've consistently been shown to contradict themselves or are paid to misrepresent themselves. 63 million people voted for Trump in 2016.. Trumper must be a very specific term like SJW.. Maybe medical professionals should classify a decease, because it seems like you are describing a psychological disease above.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I don’t know about a disease. It’s just a societal thing. I actually can understand how an everyday person feeling distant, dejected, and cynical can be attracted to politics as a sport with Trump as your surrogate fantasy politics team. When someone like Bruce writes something detestable here, and three of us respond in disgust, he gets an emotional kick from that to feed the need he’s looking for. Same high you might get when you beat a new level on a video game, or the same spike you get when you get a pair of aces in blackjack.

The big issue is politics isn’t real to them which again I can understand here in the US. We are sheltered and spoiled which is why we act out the way we do.

Most people are generally good when it’s real and in their faces. Social media and the internet in general ads this buffer that makes politics feel even more distant and non-sequential naturally.

Unfortunately I do think Trumpism will eventually have consequences that will start to feel more real and snap some of these folks out of A$$hole mode.

Hopefully.

11. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Methinks they did something else....something that no one is reporting, but warranted detention.

As I said, I saw people waiting outside the US border (sleeping overnight in sleeping bags) for their interview appointment.

The people in detention must have done something else, other than that.

12. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

This argumentation is just ....eh, I can't use the "R" word. But it is illustrative of TDS.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  13. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Of course you do. You and your ilk want this place to be a leftist echo chamber; which is also what you want writ large.

But us deplorables aint' havin nun of that. :D

Silent_Bob likes this.
  14. foh

foh Member

Oh "R" word. See. You are close to letting your true colors shine.

15. marky :)

marky :) Member

Convinced what @dobro1229 said about Bruce Andre is 100% true. It's pretty sad really.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

17. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

It's only the future of the country. Nothing to get worked up about. :rolleyes:

Silent_Bob likes this.
  18. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

I do my best. :D

Silent_Bob likes this.
  19. foh

foh Member

I'd qualify the disease you describe as pathological hate for human beings. Because of that hate, they are able to hate the other party to a level of fervor associated with zealots/extremists. I've once dated a white-collar immigrant girl who hated Obama to a degree where she'd get a physical reaction/pain at mentioning his name. It felt pathological to me. (I admit that I looked past it, as some would in this situation..). She literally said, she wanted to kill him. I could see how she could probably extend that hate to all things liberal after a while. There was something anti-social in it. And absolute inability to empathize (like in this thread) is probably an indication of such hate. Just a hypothesis..

20. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Which "R" word do you think I am referring to? I'm saying your arguments are sophomoric.

Silent_Bob likes this.