1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela vs. Hassan Whiteside

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HouStu_Rocket, Oct 15, 2015.

1. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

With the recent emergence of both Clint Capela and Hassan Whiteside and both of them being a part of the Rockets at one point it becomes intriguing to ask would yall rather have Capela or Whiteside? Whiteside is aiming at being a Hakeem Olajuwon-lite player (his words, not mine even though he had that kind of season last year) while Capela is looking like he's got some Deandre Jordan type athletic ability and knack for finishing oops. Hassan is also 25 years old while Capela is still 21 years young.

2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Hassan also might have off court issues

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

There's no comparison.

Whiteside was Hasheem Thabeet lite until last season and was a head case even at Marshall.

Capela has more skills sets than Whiteside even as a rookie while being drafted younger

4. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

I'd rather have Capela at this point.

Hassan is better right now, but he's at his ceiling. He's also an upcoming free agent and about to get some ridiculous contract offers, plus he's older and a headcase at times.

Capela is more of a project, but he seems like a hard worker and is going to continue getting better for years to come.

5. OpenLayup-Why3?

Capela had couple OK games in the playoffs, because no one expected anything from him. Whiteside had MONSTER performances for like a half of a season. Since for you 60+ games of borderline all-star DMo isn't big enough sample, lets not go crazy calling Capela better than Whiteside.

6. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

Hassan might be more physically gifted but Capela seems like he has better instincts. Cap also seems MUCH more coach-able. Gotta love Clinty!

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Barely played in the league, 25 years old, but hit his ceiling? Some amazing scouts we have here.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Capela has more potential being 3-4 years younger, but Whiteside is definitely more established with a season of averageing a double double and over 2 blocks under his belt.

Whiteside also has more length being 2-3 inches taller and having the longest wingspan/reach in the NBA along with Gobert.

Too early to make this comparison, lets see what Capela brings to the table and how consistent Whiteside is the season first.

9. J Hard

J Hard Member

Ihate when people assassinate someone character half a$$ed.

Provide facts or hush puppy.

10. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

If I remember correctly, Hassan had a season averaging a double double and 2 bpg while only playing approximately 20ish minutes per game? Those are niiiice numbers.

11. Normalus

Normalus Member

21 years young, damn

12. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Lol. Attacking their character purely off of assumption/speculation.

Whiteside did have some personal problems early though.

13. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

We have Dwight, so I'm cool with the 21yo Capela. Kid has the right mindset and work ethic to make it in this league.

14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

lol I said might, seems to have more baggage than clint, really dont see that as attacking, maybe you should come hush me then e-thuggaaaaa

15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Both have great potential and Whiteside is more proven, despite having only half a season of great performance. It's not like Whiteside was a total NBA scrub for years like Hasheem Thabeet. He was either not in the NBA or barely played for several seasons. His story is more like Jermaine O'Neal's.

If Capela can give me the half season that Whiteside did, then give me Capela. He's younger, after all. But Whiteside has done it already and Capela hasn't yet. Very few players ever have.

16. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

This thread is silly, the homerism is silly. I love Capella but right now, you take Whiteside in a landslide.

The guy put up 12/10/2.5 PER 26 in 24 minutes over 50 games last year.

Per 36 thats 18pts/15reb/4blks

Def rating of 97, offensive rating of 117. He has a decent hook shot, bigger, and visibly more athletic/agile.

If thats Whiteside's ceiling that you guys say he's already hit, thats perfectly fine with me! Here just look at his highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWWXfJDmGek

17. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Also did someone just say D-mo's season last year was "borderline all-star" LOL.

18. RESINator

RESINator Member

Hassan Whiteside is better now without a doubt. When we're talking about championship runs, the primetime is now. Can't wait to develop Capella who has barely logged a decent amount of minutes in the regular season.

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I think he meant that Hassan is nearest to his ceiling than Clint.

Regardless, it's too soon to pass this judgement on both. Whiteside seems to be injury prone if you only look at this past season. In the upcoming year it could be Capela that is injury prone. You never know with those uncontrolled variables.

20. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

whiteside of course, but not that simple. whiteside on capella's contract would be nice.
    we got dwight so capella's perfect. whiteside is a starting caliber center. capella's still growing and palying behind dwight