1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela to RGV Vipers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I've been excited by his potential and the flashes he's shown us all along, and I definitely agree. This is the most impressive video yet. He really looks to be progressing very rapidly. Early on, though dominant, he still looked lost out there. He was only dominating due to his raw physical talent being vastly superior to those he played against. Now, he's really starting to look like a basketball player. He's obviously still got a long way to go, but he doesn't look lost. He doesn't even look as raw. And his instincts are really starting to shine.

I get more excited about this kid with every game.

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Random has Capela worked with Hakeem yet? With his speed, length and defensive potential I think having a few session with Hakeem in terms of positioning fundamentals and all would probably do the kid wonders.

You can tell there is a lot of potential there for him to be an impact player in the NBA whether its off the bench or starting (I am not saying all star or anything) but he has the skills there. I mean I believe his ceiling could be Serge Ibaka

3. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=9511308#post9511308

4. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I believe that he will be a mix of Ibaka & Shaun Kemp...

5. vator

vator Contributing Member

Some Clutchfan GMs wanted to cut this guy in order to keep Jeff Adrien because he was "2 years away from being 2 years away" in regards to being able to be a legit NBA player. Jeff Adrien is 2 years away from never in regards to being what Capela is in relation to talent and upside.

6. dje243

dje243 Member

If I had to pair future Clint with one of our current young bigs in the starting lineup it would be Clint at the 5 and DMO at the 4. Clint honestly looks like a taller/longer Jones. I like Jones' skill set but I think it would be redundant next to Clint and that skill set is probably more useful at the 5.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If he would have gone to college and did this at Kansas or Kentucky, he would have been a top 3 draft pick. I'm really high on Capella. He has some sick athleticism, and he has good hands. There is no way he isn't a rotational player within 3 years.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

I have watched him before. He was a hot name on CF when are faces were melting off after we found out Yao was not going to come back. Ever. Known about him since HS.

Bhullar is tall and planet sized, but that's pretty much all he is. He is a 3 second violation waiting to happen he moves so slow. His footwork has improved very little since he first came into the league - still prefers to reach rather than move feet and no vert at all, was flabbier when he first came out but I do not see where his game has improved in 2 years. He is still the guy you park under the rim, still can't run. And he looks closer to 300 than 260 now, that does not help his glacier like athleticism.

Rockets when they are at their best, are running and gunning. Bhullar is a very bad fit.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Edited

10. bmd

bmd Member

Agreed. Before, pretty much all he would do is throw down open dunks and block some shots.

Now, you're right, he looks like a basketball player.

This was the first time I've seen one of his game highlight videos where he's posted up.

I'm very impressed with his progress in this short period of time.

11. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

man it's GREAT to have money in the bank !

Capela u 4 real !

12. bmd

bmd Member

I just think he has to work on his intimidation factor. Something like this should help:

[​IMG]

13. micah1j

micah1j Member

What I don't understand is how Capela is still on minute restrictions and still is not in shape. I watched the first 6-7 minutes of last nights game and he was clearly winded after like 4 minutes and bending over sucking wind.

14. Space City

Space City Member

I don't know why people are talking about Bhullar on here, but that guy is garbage. I've seen him play live (in college) 4 times, and he had no semblance of basketball skill. Last I saw of him in a DLeague game (which, admittedly, was about a month ago), he looked exactly the same. He has no skill and no conditioning. He'll remain on the verge of NBA rosters for years and may get some time here or there based solely on his size, but he will never be a rotation player on a quality team (unless he hires Hakeem and loses 80 pounds).

Give me Capela over Bhullar any day.

15. bmd

bmd Member

Is he still on a minutes restriction? He's been playing about 30 minutes a game...

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

He looks great in that latest clip. Anxious to see his confidence levels w/ the big boys follow suit.

17. micah1j

micah1j Member

Not sure but there are several players, including Nick Johnson who routinely get about 40 minutes and Capela is always stuck around 30 minutes. He always seems gassed and to me that shouldn't be happening 30 games in.

Btw, I don't see it reported but Capela only played 11 minutes last night. It appears he got injured. The replay doesn't show much, maybe he twisted an ankle.

You would think with Jones doing down for at least a week Capela would get a call up.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Even with Jones going down and Howard and Papanikalaou still out, McHale did not even mention Capela as a possibility. The guy is far from ready to help. I wonder how many minutes he even gets fro the remainder of his Rockets career. Probably gonna get thrown into a trade package sometime this summer.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think he may get some minutes in garbage time once we have clinched a playoff spot, at best.

His trade value will be minimal, because he has been unable to show any confidence at the NBA level.

That is why I think he will be here next season as well, since he is a project.

20. Zbed

Zbed Member

Once we clinch a playoff spot, late in the season I would like to see Capela gets some good minutes hopefully we can rest some guys opening some mins for CC.