1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chron Sources: Rockets to file protest of loss to Spurs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 5, 2019.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

3. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

The mental image of a D'antonicopter is both unsettling and oddly alluring.....

Easy, CCity Zero, ribbit and 9 others like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

1 win can make a huge difference...just ask last year’s Rockets who ended up having to play GS in the 2nd round

we got dudes on here who will excuse ref fckery and take the L no problem...I’m glad the Rockets don’t operate that way

How do u miss a made basket? Ridiculous...

5. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly I'm a pretty easy-going dude so I'm one of those f*ckers who would usually let it go, but the thing is that poor officiating seems to be a trend when it comes to the Rockets and people on other forums and TV turn a blind eye because apparently Harden "flops" to get the Rockets ahead in the first place.

I don't like it, and I feel the Rockets are one of the least dirty teams in the league and don't deserve to be shafted again and again.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

the refs will cost us a game in the playoffs this year due to incompetence/rigging...I have no doubt it will happen for a 3rd straight postseason

people looked the other way as Klay got away with undercutting Harden on 4 three point attempts in game 1 because it was Harden, but let something like that happen to their team and their star player and they’d be online crying calling the NBA a rigged league

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

well at least klay got what he asked for

clutchdabear likes this.
  9. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

Not sure I like the idea of replaying a game because bad no-ncall with 7:50 left in game... what it was with 7:50 remaining in the 1st 1tr?

10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Not only is this not going to work, it will backfire when the refs team up on us. Especially in the playoffs.

Plus, we'll look terrible as the big crybabies in the league when everyone else already hates Harden's free throws.

daywalker02 and Houstunna like this.
  11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Deservedly so, but it's highly unlikely anything happens other than the league expanding the replay rules (i.e. more plays will be reviewable with/without coach's request).

12. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Silver is on the clock for 5 days until a ruling.

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

It's not a no-call.

That would be different.

It is waving off a MADE BASKET for no reason in a game that was tied.
    It's not fair to the Spurs to just give Houston the game - so replay seems the only fair option.

bro2044, Hakeemtheking and Patience like this.
  14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The good news is, the Rockets will get their replay.

The bad news is, it will be replayed in Shanghai with Yao Ming, Xi Jumping, and Jack Ma as the referees.

DaDakota likes this.
  15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You could argue it’s also not fair to the Spurs to replay 7:50 minutes in which they clearly outplayed us. So because the refs screwed up scoring the basket, their effort to comeback and tie the game should be completely voided? I wouldn’t be happy with that result if I was a Spurs fan.

I say just replay the final 11.5 seconds of regulation, with Rockets in possession and up 2. You’re still giving the Spurs a shot at winning the game, without taking away what all they did to outscore the Rockets in the quarter.

BHannes2BHonest and jboslett like this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Life isn't fair. It's either not going to be fair to the Rockets or the Spurs. We will see what the NBA rules. As a Rockets fan, I don't care if the Spurs fans are hurt if they make us replay the last 8 minutes of this game. I don't care what the media thinks. I don't care what other fans think.

I saw what one loss meant last year and it was the difference maker in being in the conference finals.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

NBA could replay the game AND count the result on Tuesday. So the Rockets and Spurs will have 83 games (or just count a win for both teams and keep at 82). Not that big a deal.

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

If that basket counted, each plays after that is impacted in some way. It would not be fair to award the game to the Rockets due to that. In the same way, it would not be fair to restart the game sometime after that point, instead of at that point.

ribbit likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He was going mental making a monkey of himself instead of challenging. ;)

20. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Not wishing injury on anyone, but karma is a b****.