1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chron] Ish on Rockets radar for last roster spot

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/7239166.html

I really liked his play in SL... I am excited to see how he does this weekend.

2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I'm with you, Hayesfan. Was encouraged by his summer league play and would like to see how he fares in preseason. (Just figure to highlight the pro-"pure point guard/anti-Brooks troll fodder early. :) )

Figure a shooter would fit more into Adelman's system. But this team just needs some competency at the 3rd pg spot.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Goodbye fat Kyle Lowry's fat knee!

4. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

Shroopy2 I was about to highlight the same thing. It would be nice if Ish gets that last roster spot because the Rockets need help at the point guard position.

5. Htown's2kFinest

Someone put up a video of his guy tomorrow(batkins ;D). He gonna go out there and perform.

6. worzel gummidge

7. valorita

valorita Member

I feel comfortable with Lee as our pinch pg

8. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

WTF????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

another midget guard???

this roster move has zero appeal to me...other than the fact that there is now higher hope for me to get into the NBA...im about the exact same size as Ishmael so this is awesome news for me personally wise.

but to the team??????????? whos this guy gonna pass to??? shane battier???

we need bobby simmons as our 15th man!!!!!!!!

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

When Lowry went out last year we had no backup PG, and it killed us.

Right now, we can not afford to lose Brooks or Lowry, unless Ish turns out to be pretty good.

Then you can go with Brooks and Lowry with the big club and Ish playing for the Vipers assigned by the Rox.

If one of the big 2 gets injured, bring Ish up.

He had outstanding passes in the SL, was well ahead of most guys on the team in that regard......

He will be fun to watch, I hope it translates to the NBA level.

DD

10. johnnyonthespot

I like this kid. He has great vision and is an excellent passer. And like DD said, Lowry going down last year killed us, so it would be smart to keep an extra point in the roster. (first time agreeing with DD)

11. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

I really like his gamei think it would do good in ricks system. Hope he can make the team and perform well tonite.

Get well soon Lowry.

12. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Ish's passing, IQ, and poise is what will earn him a spot on this team. for a guy who doesn't have a jumpshot, he sure as hell had a ton of game winning jumpshots in college. that says a lot to me. he's got ice in his veins and i can't wait to see him these next two games.

13. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

he cant shoot.

id rather bring back rafer alston than let ishmael smith play

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He may have some shooting problems, but he can still help the team alot. He plays decent defense and he can get to the basket. He doesn't have to be a scorer. He is more of a facilitator. Plus with time his scoring will get better.

15. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

he is quite frankly the smallest pg in the nba. if u dont have a outside shot and ur that small...u aint gonna get anywhere.

garret temple is much better

16. wyo-ming

wyo-ming Rookie

green needs to gain weight /muscle he imo is a very poor mans brooks fast, yes but w/o a shot &being small he would get hammered in the regular season but ab was helped by the d league & i would not write Ish off if a.b gets traded / hurt mid season a guy w/ a little insight on the position might come in handy.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Maybe, but at least he is in shape.

;)

DD

18. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

He's definitely a slick playmaker. Not sure if he's better than Lowry but he probably is the most pure point like Adelman said.

I think his defense will be an issue, much like it is with Brooks.

19. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

the one thing i miss about rafer is how he'd try and get our scorers involved. he'd try to get Yao, Scola and T-Mac the ball so they could get to work. i'm fine with Brooks looking for his shot, but Lowry needs to improve on his passing and decision making.

Ishmael looks to be a distributor first which is very important for a PG

20. albuster

albuster Member

Am looking forward to a real pg play in the "Adelman system" tonight. It is just so much fun to have someone distribute the ball to his team mates on target and on time. Maybe, with Smith, we will see a fluid offense tonight.

I am crossing my fingers but I believe the odds are very good that he will give us a good show and a good lesson in playing the point regardless of the so called "Adelman system".

1 person likes this.