1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul Watch

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatboyPhuong, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Paul doing his best to show he’s still got a lot left in the tank...good for him, but it’s just a matter of time until his body catches up.

J Sizzle likes this.
  2. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

:eek: So far this season with injuries and load management all over the league, Chris Paul hasn't missed a game and averages 31 mins.

BeBreezy, daywalker02 and hakeem94 like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

AWESOME

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

doesn't have to be that way...I am not saying it wont but people heal and get better all the time.. he may play successfully into his 40s... the universe and nba surprises us all the time

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

40 is nothing, ask Vince but 40 and still being the first or 2nd option?
    That's something.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

cp3 isnt any player he is one of the greatest players ever.. i dont say it will happen but i wouldn't be surprised it did... if I recall well nash was close to 40 and still perhaps the best player on his team

7. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

He’ll get injured flopping in the playoffs or in an important game

8. dream2franchise

He's playing HIS brand of ball too. His own pace. I think he wasn't physically up to what the Rockets needed from him as far as iso heavy ball anymore. Which is why Butler was so sought after as the secondary isolation threat. All that heavy usage could have worn on him again this season. Especially factoring MDA's penchant for running his vets into the ground.

OKC lost today, CP was mostly not effective, but there won't be much made of it, because no one cares about OKC's success. Any success is a pleasant byproduct. CP upping his value simply means OKC can get more out of a trade. Conveniently, no one discusses which team made out better when CP has his off nights either.

If he gets traded to a legit contender like Milwaukee then we'll see how his play is analysed, because if he suddenly starts to look every bit the 35 yr old injury prone player that most anticipated and Bucks gave up a lot for him to make a run with Giannis, then things could get very interesting.

BeBreezy likes this.
  9. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

I hope OKC is not playing him on b2b?

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i dont want him injured but if an injury happens than its a game over for cp3 supporters

11. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

He's been playing both games of back to backs this season.

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Washed up life

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

We got fleeced

14. omgTHEpotential

You know I'm kinda torn. They're such different player, each with their own pros and cons.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Most rational fans understand this. What sucks is that Westbrook and Harden wanted it and it's possible Tilman could have gotten a better deal (given away less draft picks if he was more patient and received more talent if he was less frugal).

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, all the injuries in the second season with us were minor, or at least not season ending.

Minus the suspension time, when throwing punches with Rondo and (punk Ingram).

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

2019-2020 all star. Pretty good for being washed up

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

so morey lost the trade, better coaching, better supporting cast, or is it the harden factor?

20. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I'm in the camp that Paul is better for our team than Westbrook. Chris is a more methodical player and made us more precise. Westbrook makes us more explosive but it can become chaotic. More than likely we may end up getting just as far as we did with Paul but if it was a close game I'd put my faith in Chris over Westbrook. His health is always worrisome but I would have taken the risk.

Jayzers_100 and napalm06 like this.