1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul knee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Oct 18, 2017.

1. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

It's due to sponsorship attire. Business over health.

SIL

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Damn.

So much wrong in this world. Form over substance. Smh...

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

No no no!

Delete this post!

We need every one to panic and demand that we trade Chris Paul to Utah for Rubio

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This also means, many more weeks of whining about Ariza getting too many minutes, and Rockets not shooting 2s enough....no matter whether we win or not.

DonKnock and snowconeman22 like this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Don't you just love how "DALLAS STEIN" was quick to use the BACK END of the timeline "A MONTH" to headline his report to jab Houston.

Meanwhile, Woj says Rockets are being cautious and looking at a 2-4 week time table.

DALLAS STEIN continues to throw shade at Houston at every opportunity. He needs to concentrate on the Knicks.

Hakeemtheking and DonKnock like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/article/Rockets-unsure-on-Chris-Paul-s-return-12296027.php

The Rockets don't know how long guard Chris Paul will be out, but while waiting for the soreness in his left knee to subside, they have accepted that his return is not as close as they thought.

A day after Rockets coach Mike D'Antoni said guard Paul was "day-to-day" with hopes he could play on Monday, D'Antoni acknowledged on Saturday that might have been overly optimistic given the team's determination that they hold out Paul until his bruised left knee is considered 100 percent.

The Rockets have not estimated how long Paul would be out, but said that it could take weeks for Paul to have no symptoms and be cleared to play. D'Antoni said there is just one back-to-back in the time Paul could miss, next weekend's games against the Hornets and Grizzlies. The next back-to-back is in three weeks.

"It wasn't responding as quickly as we wanted," D'Antoni said. "I'm thinking he could be back next day, next day and it wasn't that way. Right now, day-to-day, week-to-week, whatever you want to call it.

"We're going to hold him out until it's completely well. There really is no timetable on it. We're going to make sure it's 100 percent well. It hard to put a timetable on it. If it is (a month-long absence) it is. We're equipped to win, anyway. Obviously, we want him back as soon as he can, but we're not going to bring him back until he's completely healthy because we don't want him limping or not feeling it later on."

D'Antoni said there were no developments or change in the diagnosis since Friday's more optimistic hope that Paul would be back quickly. Paul played in the season-opener but was held out of Wednesday's game in hopes the knee would respond in time to play before the Rockets three-game road trip beginning in Philadelphia in Wednesday.

With Paul out, the Rockets backcourt rotation looks very much as it did at the start of last season. The Rockets hope to do better shorthanded than they did then, and have already gotten off to a better start.

"It's similar," Eric Gordon said. "I have to play a little more minutes, play a little bigger role. I'm fine with it. It's all about winning. We'll be playing well."

Last season, the Rockets were also shorthanded with guard Pat Beverley also out with a sore left knee. With Beverley out Gordon started eight of the first 11 games, with the Rockets going 4-4 in his starts and 6-5 overall without Beverley.

"The schedule is pretty good," D'Antoni said. "I think we have only one back-to-back in the whole time he is out. It's doable. We'll have to have guys step up. It's a little bit like last year, the team we had last year."

Tyler Ennis averaged 9.7 minutes per game while Beverley was out to start last season, about the playing time the Rockets now plan for second-year guard Demetrius Jackson, who played 10 minutes in Sacramento on Wednesday after playing 17 minutes in his five games with the Celtics last season.

"That was my first time ever getting significant NBA minutes," Jackson said. "It was fun to get out there and try to make an impact and help the team win. That helped me get my first game jitters out of the way. I'm going in confidently to help the group and do what I can, do my job."

The Rockets played Jackson in a backcourt with Gordon, outscoring the Kings by four points in Jackson 10 minutes on the floor on Wednesday. Paul was expected to play with the second unit for about 14 minutes, along with 18 to 20 minutes with the starters.

"Obviously, we want Chris to come back as soon as possible," Rockets forward Ryan Anderson said. "He needs to heal up and recover his body. Obviously, it's tough without him. But I think Eric's a pretty good guy to have in that starting lineup. He's playing really, really well. We're obviously comfortable with whatever lineup we have playing. We can play with so many different groups. Hopefully, a speedy recovery for Chris."

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wait. D'Antoni sounds like he's already measuring how long. The 2nd B2B would place us at Nov 11/12, so missing 10 Games? 12 games if after that Nov 11/12 B2B

btw: does this mean he'll be held out of practices, too. They'll be a lot of practice time between Nov 5th game and Nov 9th. The team practicing with Harden/Paul on the court together is much needed, too.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

soreness.....out several weeks for soreness. what a f***ing joke

J Sizzle likes this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I don't understand the need to lie to your fans.

justtxyank and Day like this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i honestly can't tell if they're actually a more serious injury to the knee that they're just not letting on about, or if it's really just a sore contusion from the impact w/ chalmers 10days ago. but if it's the latter, i just got the same exact ish playing 2hrs ago and have probably been hit like that 40 times over 40 yrs and can't remember sitting out more than a few days at most, and it typically just wears off after 5 minutes. i am genuinely puzzled

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  12. RyanB

RyanB Member

i'm scared that this is history repeating itself ala TMac Yao DMo...

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I still believe in Chris Paul. He is the bee's knees.

14. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Maybe you have always been the Chalmers and never the CP?

15. gotsis

gotsis Member

Actually really scared. The various other times the organisation lied or misdiagnosed an injury, the results were really catastrophic. Hope they are just being really cautious, but it's just strange for a day to day bruise become a contusion where Paul has to sit one month out.

snowconeman22 and pippendagimp like this.
  16. curbur

curbur Member

Eric Gordon is a g.

Well, the 1st B2B is Oct 27&28, so it's possible he's back by 10/30 at earliest, but more than likely it'll fall sometime in between 10/30 -11/11. 2-3 weeks does seem odd for soreness though..

#176 curbur, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yeah but even if we assume that scenario then 1) the counterpart CP's till now have never been sitting out extended time either and 2) chalmers (me) has actually run into guys mostly much bigger than CP.... which makes our real CP3's situation even more baffling to figure out

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If seats are empty in the lower bowl then it all makes sense. We all are just lying to each other. Judge a tree by it's fruits... CP3 isnt injured... fans I'll be at the game at 7pm too. Lol

19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Well I think now would be a good time to let you know that I'm not a doctor, I just play one on ClutchFans

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

It's time they hired a trainer who knows what they're doing...