1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul knee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Junior givin hp a good ole fashioned smack down rn

swyyyguy likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Hey, I just mentioned Clutch comment not to criticize but to hopefully convince you it help us to see Paul's playing status in the title of the thread, so you feel free to be more liberal with thread starting.

No biggie, as I'll start the thread whenever I think a new title helps ppl, or a bigger discussion might be warranted.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Meh. This is for the best. We got bigger plans this season than regular season success.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Go for it!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/20/sports/basketball/rockets-chris-paul-injury.html

There are fresh fears in Houston that Rockets point guard Chris Paul could be sidelined for a month by a bone bruise in his left knee suffered during the exhibition season, according to two people with direct knowledge of the situation.

Paul has been officially ruled out of the Rockets’ home opener Saturday night against Dallas but is likely to be held out for a much longer period, said the people, who requested anonymity because they are not publicly authorized to discuss the player’s health status.

Paul bumped knees with Memphis Grizzlies guard Mario Chalmers on Oct. 11 and was forced to sit out Houston’s final exhibition game. The All-Star was then reduced to a spectator for much of crunchtime in Houston’s season-opening win at Golden State and held completely out of Houston’s win in Sacramento on Wednesday.

Paul said this week he would focus on “the big picture” before making his return to the lineup.

“It’s not a tear or something like that,” Rockets coach Mike D’Antoni told reporters after the team’s practice session Friday. “It’s a bruise. We just have to make sure he’s 100 percent the next time he plays.”

Paul, 32, was traded from the Los Angeles Clippers to the Rockets in late June. He pushed for the trade — to team up with fellow All-Star James Harden — rather than becoming a free agent on July 1. To make the trade to Houston happen, Paul had to opt into the final season of his previous contract, valued at $24.6 million, and surrender the security that a lucrative new deal with the Clippers or a new team could have provided.​

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  5. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

I'd be all for a vet like Jameer. Even Beno if he still has it.

Hakeemtheking and carib like this.
  6. TheresTheDagger

7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Hp admits defeat

Junior 1
    HP 0

SirIvyLeague and RasaqBoi like this.
  8. RoxDaBeard

RoxDaBeard Member

i knew this fool would be injured this season in some form or fashion.

Cashmoney, BigggReddd and RasaqBoi like this.
  9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Bleeping Chalmers:mad:

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I have zero faith in Keith Jones or Rockets training staff.

They will mess up another one of our players.

How that imbecile Keith Jones still has a job, I will never know.

They will mismanage this and it will be a season long issue.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

tilman gave him a shoutout in his presser. keith even got pics of a sicilian mafia boss!

12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

We need a veteran backup pg. STAT.

13. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Why don't more players wear knee braces like my man, Hakeem. There is no way knee braces impede movement or anything like that.

14. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

I think the league don't allow you to wear anything visible unless for medical reasons. Sure you can always get a medical excuse to wear pads for prevention

15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Wow. If this is a league rule, then it needs to be changed. Players bump knees all the time. You would think they would do whatever to protect players health.

Cashmoney likes this.
  16. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Really frustrated with Morey on this one. Every man and his dog knew paul would miss games at some point, where the hell was the contingency?

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

[​IMG]

Rockets Trainer: "CP3 is fine"

13 in 33 likes this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Just need him for the playoffs

Rocket River

DonKnock and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  19. RESINator

RESINator Member

Damn what kind of knee bruise is this

20. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Dudes been on a big losing streak.

Told me Warriors offense doesn't have *any* anything to do with triangle offense..lol. showed him otherwise, even a quote from Captain Kerr.

Dude tried too hard to brownnose. @J.R. is still top news deliver. @heypartner heydud is the dude that comes after the fact acknowledging it lol.

SIL

J.R. and Daddy Long Legs like this.