1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul Injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by val_modus, May 16, 2018.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

I love that in these playoffs, the Rockets have taken a "No Excuses Whatsoever" policy.

Asses kicked by Utah at home in Game 2? Whatever, we got this. Next question!
    Harden's upper respiratory infection? Nope. Next question!
    Dominated at home by Worriers in Game 1? That wasn't the issue. Next question!
    CP3 injured ankle? Nah. No story here. Next question!

I would love for them to give out "No Excuses!" T-shirts for Game 5 or Game 7.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I hate to bump this thread but he still looks so hurt to me. A tweak to an achilles is absolutely no joke. He may not want to disclose the injury because he's about to be a free agent and this will be his last big contract. Not many teams will touch him if it gets out that it's lingering.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

Chris Paul downplayed the left calf issue on Monday and confirmed that he'll be ready to go for Tuesday's Game 4 in Golden State. "I'm OK, I'm OK. Trying to get treatment and all of that and be ready for tomorrow," said Paul. When asked specifically what he's dealing with, Paul replied: "No, I'm cool. Just trying to figure out what we can do to make adjustments to win Game 4." CP3 did not look 100% during Sunday's Game 3 loss, and he was seen getting worked on early in the game while he was on the bench, but obviously, this won't be an issue that forces him to miss any game-time action.

daywalker02, BigMaloe and ramotadab like this.
  4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

So anybody still want to give CP3 max?

He is old and injury prone.
    Dont make big mistake, Morey.

5. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

I agree. I like CP3. But if we fail to beat the Warriors then maybe we need to explore other options. Find a young up and comer.

PeterKingX likes this.
  6. tmac

tmac Contributing Member

No.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

D’Antoni acknowledges post game that Chris Paul is hurt

8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

2-3 year max I'm definitely down with.

4-5 year max hell naw.

All that matters to me right now is that he's still a beast, and when the gears start to slow down, he won't be hard to unload/trade.

9. threepointshot3

Played really well in the second half. In the last few minutes he missed on a lot of isolation plays but he played great defense

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What do people make of this? I know this is somewhat of a buzzkill, but Chris Paul's foot issues appear to still be a problem. Could really use a few more days extra rest. He'll need to play big minutes the rest of this series (and beyond).

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ston-rockets-feeling-better-dealing-sore-foot

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I am more concerned about what happens if CP3 tries to power through it ala IT4 injury. Hopefully our training staff is better than that, but a lot of it depends on how honest a player is about their injury.

12. Fantasma Negro

Chris Paul has an achilles injury. So says Chris Broussard

13. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I just assume now that when Harden or CP says they're fine, they're lying. Tuesday night's postgame press conference was even more brazen: Harden interrupting a question to CP to say CP was fine. Right, that's why you cut off the question, James.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's probably because it's just pain and not a tear. I have achilles insertion issue - caused by a heel spur and the tendon is fine, but it can be very painful to play. Hard to run, jump and stop.

If Paul is dealing with that, he is the ultimate True Warrior.

15. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Every player has some nagging injury this deep in the season. They just don’t disclose it. He’ll rub some dirt on it and be out there every game the rest of the way unless it gives out completely.

16. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Besides the Warriors. They’re fine with letting the world know that they’re dealing with a case of sore vag.

saleem likes this.
  17. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Yeah seriously the warriors can’t stop making excuses

saleem likes this.
  18. BackdoorHarden

It ain't no thing. Didn't miss a game last time. Leg cramp