1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chinese incompetency has completed ruined the year of sports, and possibly humanity

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

go ahead, include that timeline and while you do that, link source to it (you can ask for any source of timeline I listed that you have question)

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...november-china-government-records-show-report

"The first case of someone suffering from Covid-19 can be traced back to 17 November, according to media reports on unpublished Chinese government data.

The report, in the South China Morning Post, said Chinese authorities had identified at least 266 people who contracted the virus last year and who came under medical surveillance, and the earliest case was 17 November – weeks before authorities announced the emergence of the new virus"

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I saw this before and other similar reports. At that time, I made the statement that the Chinese gov might have known and hide it, but I have seen no evidence that's the case. I have also said we can't rely on them (or anyone) and must have access in the future. It's easily can be the case that it was "unknown" virus that didn't get attention until a cluster was detected (already too late and thus earlier detection is sorely needed).

"The first case of someone in China suffering from Covid-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, can be traced back to November 17, according to government data seen by the South China Morning Post."

The key word here is traced back. It could be like Seattle, where it was spreading in the community for weeks but was undetected until much later. That doesn't mean Seattle intentionally hide it, just that they didn't know until much later - and part of that problem was the US CDC bureaucracy in diagnostic (the Chinese dr also faced problem with the Chinese CDC bureaucracy).

"Previous reports said that although doctors in the city collected samples from suspected cases in late December, they could not confirm their findings because they were bogged down by bureaucracy, such as having to get approval from the Chinese Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, which could take days. They were also ordered not to disclose any information about the new disease to the public"

dachuda86 likes this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah good point. I still think they knew if there were that many cases popping up and they are well aware of the possibility of sars breaking out. That number in the article is just the ones they were able to document. The problem is China is opaque and we will never really know. But may be worth mentioning that there were 277 cases found regardless of their knowledge. It's your timeline though, so you do what you want with it. It's a very good timeline too. Keep it up.

Amiga likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think they had identified the virus until the last week of Dec. Just because you have someone sick doesn't mean you know what it is or that it is even a new disease.

No doubt the gov't bungled the response, but a lot of that was likely local officials inexperienced with this kind of situation. There's just a lot unknown on what actually happened in terms of response and how they put the pieces together. They may have cost the world a week, maybe a few weeks, maybe more maybe less.

Amiga and dachuda86 like this.
  6. Senator

Senator Member

https://henryjacksonsociety.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Coronavirus-Compensation.pdf

The answers you are looking for, things were being intentionally hid for a long time.

Amiga, dachuda86 and generalthade_03 like this.
  7. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Smart money is on the lab where this CCP virus really coming from, not the wet market that the ChiCom has been peddling from the start.
    UK wants the world to sue these commie bastards for 6.5 trillions dollars. Suing them is not enough, how about depose the whole damn CCP and Winnie the Pooh to make this world safer.

dachuda86 likes this.
  8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

That’s a good timeline. Many circumstances evidence but still not evidence of intentionality. Bureaucracy, a culture of adherence and a gov that punish whistle blower or those that dare to speak out of order could easily be the main culprit. (Btw, we have this issue here now also). As I said, we can’t rely on them or anyone ... we need a better and quicker international early detection system that does not rely on local gov body to report. Given the market free fall, I think gov and busn would fund such international system and have it as a prerequisite to international trade and travel. That’s what I hope get pushed. This idea of punishment is not going anywhere and may even backfire when the next outbreak happen.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I bring up Seattle again. Poor surveillance and bureaucracy caused delay of weeks in detecting community spread (and the US is paying an extremely heavy price because of it). This is with the fact that the US already knew about the virus and was WAITING for it to show up. If it was Seattle, and not Wuhan, as ground zero, I think others could make the same accusation - intentional hiding by the Trump admin based on the timeline of when the first case happen, radio silence and how long it took before it was confirmed and reported by the CDC and gov. This is why we have an early detection system issue - not just in China, but almost everywhere. It's hard stuff, but it's stuff that worth billion in ongoing investment to improve as much as possible. Imagine a team dedicated to nothing but early analysis of all unknown sickness anywhere in the world, with access and resources to do the detective work and to report their finding openly to the public (all nations) on a real-time basis - allowing each country CDC to further analyze the data. That's the type of system we need to get to.

IBTL and Sweet Lou 4 2 like this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Virologists who have studied the virus and stated it would be impossible for this or any novel virus to come from a laboratory.

If it came from a laboratory it would look like existing viruses. This virus is completely new at the way it works is completely new - there is no way anyone would have been able to figure out the attachment point and manufacture something with its mechanism or even realize that it would be possible.

So please, stop posting garbage.

12. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

That's bullshit, it could have definitely leaked from the lab.

[​IMG]

dachuda86 likes this.
  13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Boris Johnson's government has considered the possibility that the coronavirus may have accidentally leaked from a Chinese lab
    • The UK government reportedly believes the coronavirus outbreak may have started in a Chinese laboratory.
    • Most experts believe the outbreak began when animals passed the virus to humans in China, specifically in or near a market in the city of Wuhan where live animals were sold.
    • Some scientists, however, believe an accidental leak is a plausible alternative theory — and the Mail on Sunday said UK officials were not ruling it out.
    • A UK parliamentary committee last week accused the Chinese government of spreading disinformation about the origins of the virus.
    • "Perhaps it is no coincidence that there is that laboratory in Wuhan," one UK government official told the Mail on Sunday.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bor...us-may-leaked-chinese-laboratory-covid-2020-4

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

It could not have been manufactured for the reasons I have provided above.

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Just to play devil's advocate... do you think academics may be scared to say something conteoversial? So you are hearing people play it safe? Is that a possibility for why you have not heard others voice the possibility it could have been studied in a lab and simply leaked because of lax security.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Not really, they do it all the time. If they have the data they will say it.

In this case, many who have studied the virus have stated that it could not have been manufactured. It's the same way someone can tell the difference between a diamond found in nature and a manufactured one. If you know what to look for you can tell. Same with viruses.

17. generalthade_03

Sure comrade, I’ll stop when you admit to everyone here who you truly are.

18. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

I've seen reports saying the same - that it wasn't manufactured. But that doesn't rule out the virus escaping from a lab (they could have been testing bats brought to the lab).

19. generalthade_03

I live in the deep blue Seattle area , when that Chinese patient came back from Wuhan and checked into Providence Everett hospital which is 15 mins from my home, I knew we were in deep trouble. Many Chinese from the mainland live here as well as many Asians, so traveling to and fro Asia is a daily occurrence especially China. Political correctness is running rampant in this blue state, so you couldn’t even talked about the origin of this virus without being labeled as racist, sort of like what going on in this forum. Well, what do you know, because of that shiet, not too long after that, WuhanFlu started showing up in that Kirkland nursing home and killed many residents there. My point is, until Americans are waking up to the fact that shiet coming from China is deadly in every which way, and these commies can not be trusted, and we take vigilant actions to stop it, more of our people will die.
    The “System” that you’re yearning for is already existed, it’s called the “CHO”, unfortunately that goofy little Ethiopian commie Tedros is a stooge for his big brother commie Winnie the Pooh. You can have all the systems and organizations all you want, but when China is buying everyone off, you have nothing.

Senator likes this.
  20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

What's more plausible, that the virus came from one of the few bats they were testing or that the virus came from the many bats in the wild?

I mean, if it did come from mishandling a bat in a lab, than that would be some serious tragic irony.