1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chicken Sandwich Battle] Chick-fil-A versus Popeye's

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DreamShook, Aug 20, 2019.

?

Who has the better Chicken Sandwich?

1. Popeye's

2. Chick-fil-A

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

went to the one on spring cypress and 249 yesterday and they had a sign at 1130am that they were sold out, I was like you just opened WTH.....so I thought ok, I will get some tenders and shrimp and I go to order and she says I`m sorry were out of shrimp.........I left and went to Jason Deli and got a salad. One thing is for sure, CF never runs out of Chicken samiches and that`s kind of a deal breaker for me..............its like you go to DQ and they dont have any soft serve ice cream, doesnt make sense to me, dont get me wrong, a one off is understandable but you cant buy enough chicken patties to keep your restaurants stocked? I wont go back and try it, perfectly happy with CF

VanityHalfBlack and Surfguy like this.
  2. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I understand if it’s a seasonal or limited time item and you sell out. I don’t understand how you have a national rollout and aren’t prepared for the demand. I’ve never heard of Chick Fil A running out of chicken sandwiches.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

can we also have a burger king vs wendy's beef? fastfood chains beefing is delicious.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  4. likestohypeguy

New item, ridiculous demand almost cultural phenomenon that IDK even they could have imagined, Popeye's just doesn't have the infrastructure & logistics like mcdonalds or starbucks who might be able to handle a perfect storm like this, though even they have the occasional snafu.

CFA is hard to compare. They're so unique considering how few locations (similar to popeye's), yet continue to climb the top ten in sales, because they they are so far off the charts in revenue per location. Fewer locations, greater revenue lubricates logistics- might help that they only have to move patties, strips, nugz etc. vs. mostly traditional fried chicken first at popeye's, then throwing this sandwich rocket fuel on top of that fire.

Give it a while for those who all have to have it at same time as everyone else to get over it. I mean don't risk waiting an hour to not be underwhelmed.

:eek:

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I found a review article that put Popeyes chicken sandwich above the Chick Fil A one. But, they put another chicken sandwich at number one:

Chick'n Shack at Shake Shack

This was not even close. Shake Shack's offering had the crackliest crust, the juiciest meat and the best toppings. I especially loved the Martin's potato roll, which is certainly the softest bun around. Instead of a basic mayonnaise, this gets a spread of a buttermilk and herb mayonnaise, which lends a tangy freshness to each bite. Shake Shack also understands the importance of pickles, adding extra crunchy thick-cut versions. The catch? Shake Shack doesn't have nearly as many locations as the rest of these chains.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm not gonna blow $20 for a fast food combo.

DreamShook likes this.
  7. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

new Popeyes chicken sandwich is delicious, much prefer over Chick-fil-a

Nook and astros123 like this.
  8. edwardc

edwardc Member

I haven't eaten chicken from none of these places and have no desire too don't know if they clean there chicken correctly.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  9. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

both are trash compared to whataburger

DreamShook likes this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Whataburger has never disappointed me on quality, freshness and taste. You can pretty much guarantee your Burger is going to be hot when you get it.

If you have to make it a point to tell the person taking your order at the other burger joints, "can you please make my order fresh, made to order". issa a promlem.

Nook likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

The Wendy's Jr Bacon Cheeseburger was the greatest dollar menu burger ever. Tell me I'm wrong.

13. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

JitB tacos.

14. Buck Turgidson

Not my thing, but I get it. Still...I said 'burger'. 2 of those and a biggie fry for $3, what more do you want?

15. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

True, not a burger.

16. Buck Turgidson

See...now you've invited all the Taco Bell stoners to the party. Not that they'll remember it or anything....

McNultyisDrunk likes this.
  17. SuraGotMadHops

Drove by a Popeyes on Barker Cypress yesterday, figured I'd stop in just to see if they had any sandwiches - sign on the door said sold out until further notice. Went ahead and picked up an 8 piece dark anyway. Popeyes just winning every which way.

18. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Popeyes was much bigger so I vote popeyes.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I drove by again today and saw there wasn't a line. I went in (2nd time in a couple of days). Only about 6 or 7 people in line. Because, of course, they were sold out. I just left (2nd time in a couple of days).

tinman likes this.
  20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

IIRC, people went into the same type of frenzy when Krispy Kreme opened in Houston, too. Several stores that had people lined up around the block to get one when first opened have long since closed.

People are weird. It's just a sandwich.

Is it just that you guys want to lord it over the people who haven't tried it? Go to Chic-fil-A and then use your imagination. You can try it for real in a couple of weeks.

If I'm going to wait in line for hours for a sandwich, it better come dresssed with a morphine aioli or something.