1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chicken Sandwich Battle] Chick-fil-A versus Popeye's

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DreamShook, Aug 20, 2019.

?

Who has the better Chicken Sandwich?

1. Popeye's

2. Chick-fil-A

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Buck Turgidson

Pretty sure we all knew you were a freak.

2. Buck Turgidson

Me too.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Popeyes

4. Buck Turgidson

Word. I miss Popeyes just a bit, grew up with them, don't have one within 50 miles of me. Church's too.

King1 likes this.
  5. King1

Frenchy's is awesome as well but they rarely mentioned.

6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't want to sound like I'm trying to scare anybody, but some of the Popeyes kitchens I've been in have been so nightmarish that I won't eat their food anymore. Many are far from terrible, but the nastiest Chic-fil-A kitchen I've been in was more hygienic than the nicest Popeyes, and it's essentially impossible to tell which is which from outside the kitchen.

If you love Popeyes, at the very least I'd recommend not going to franchises that you don't normally buy food from.

7. Buck Turgidson

Really? Frenchy's? 20+ years ago I worked around Greenway Plaza, so I had and hour for lunch, or more even, so I want good chicken, right?...standing in line at Frenchy's is the most beautiful UH student behind me, so we start talking, discussed the merits of fried chicken and sides, so we dated for a few months.

Frenchy's got me laid.

Nook, Killatron 2000 and Kim like this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I ordered this once and noticed it took forever cause nobody else ordered it

9. King1

Haha. That's awesome.

I went to UH so I have a soft spot for it. Quality has declined over the years but I still go there 3 or times a year. They still mess up your order.

10. King1

I don't even think a lot of people know that it's on the menu. I never have seen them advertise it

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Chik-fil-A sandwiches are nasty.

B-Bob likes this.
  12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

You need to try them.

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I didn't know they were on the menu until I saw some random article about it.

My brother tried to find them near his work in Conroe/Montgomery area and said they didn't have them.

But yes, they make them to order, in my expeieexpe and they come out piping hot and juicy. So good.

King1 likes this.
  14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The popeyes in my hood are sold out until tomorrow. The guy said that they get 5 cases and sell out within the day.

15. MystikArkitect

Popeyes sold out until Saturday.

They were sold out of a lot thanks to this sandwich craze. All the regulars in there like wtf is going on and why are all these white people here.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I got lucky last week and ordered my spicy tenders with no issues. I'm usually craving them at least once a month so let's hope this fad passes in a few weeks.

17. likestohypeguy

I don't even care for that sauce, and still frequent canes.

There are two measures of quality to me- how good a fast food item can be, when the employees follow every procedure to the letter; then there's how well/often an item actually measures up to that standard in reality. I find not too often unfortunately. Corporate can create the perfect recipe, but if the employees don't reseal the bread or wash the lettuce like the poster on the wall shows, push the right buttons when the alarms ring, I'd rather have 100% of what a B+ recipe's potential instead, freshly made.

That's what might be happening with raising canes. There are better strips out there, but every time I've been there, my food is always hot & fresh, made to order, sauce, slaw, tea & lemonade fresh daily- somehow they manage to get their guys to stick to the procedures. IDK how many visits over the years, but have never had a single complaint there. I don't think I can say that about any other menu item or restaurant period, much less fast food. I would take theirs freshly fried over any strips that were cooked ahead of time, idc how much better they were when they were fresh. Probably also helps I am a cole slaw guy, and do like cane's.

18. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I haven't tried the new Popeye's sandwich but based on feedback I'm going to assume it's better than Chick-Fil-A. A lot of fast food, for me and my family, is about convenience.

Popeye's Pros:
    -Deep South origins
    -Great spicy food
    -Best chicken sandwich

Popeye's Cons:
    -Slow
    -Sassy staff

Chick-Fil-A Pros:
    -Great chicken sandwich
    -Waffle fries
    -Amazingly Super fast food- industry standard
    -Great customer service

Chick-Fil-A Cons:
    -Hates gays
    -Closed on Sunday
    -Hates the environment

Based on all of this, I'm still more likely to grab Chick-Fil-A during the week if my kids are melting down for lack of food (which doesn't really happen much). However, the anti-gay stuff always bugs me and if I'm craving a chicken sandwich on the weekend, I guess I'll give Popeye's a try.

rockbox likes this.
  19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

That pretty much sums it up especially the staff part. Popeyes is slow as molasses.

20. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member