1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

CF Smeg Fantasy Footy 2013 Smack Board

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Rocketball, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Everyone,

We have finished the draft and ready to begin the season this coming week. Here is a few things to keep in mind:

1. We start the following each week or you get 0 points: QB, RB, WR, TE, K, 3 RB-WR-TE, 1 DL, 1 LB, 1 DB, 2 DP

2. We have 22 total on our roster (meaning you can still add one additional player), however there is NO IR spot this season, since we have basically added 2 additional roster spots.

3. Adds/Drops will be done using a waiver process, where the worst team gets first shot at a player and so on.

4. Line-ups must be set 5 minutes prior to the game being played.

5. Scoring system should be correct, if you see any mistakes, please let me know now - cause middle of the season I'm going to just say "sorry, asked for you to do the discount double check on them."

6. Keeper rules are now in effect for next year, where you are penalized for keeping a player (lost draft pick).

7. Trades may involve future draft picks and the trade section of the website will allow you to input those, so they will automatically be updated on the draft board next season.

Let's have a fun season!!!

Let the smack talking begin!!!

1 person likes this.
  2. Rocketball

Supporting Member

Here for those that have not seen it is the draft recap from CBS, anybody want to take a shot of grading everyone in the draft, feel free.

Aug
    Draft Recap
    Fantasy Journalist
    Aug 31, 2013 05:16 am ET

Master Drafter

When the dust settled from the draft, LongDongFoSho were left on top. Their starters project out to score more points than any other team this year. LHF made some savvy pickups in London Fletcher, Pierre Garcon, and Julius Peppers. Fletcher was rated as the 2nd best pickup in the draft (behind only Zach Brown).

The Matt Millen Award Goes To...

Coach Fade might want to ask Coach LHF for some help next year, as their starting squad is ranked dead last in expected points. Coach Fade reached for several players, including Michael Vick, Eric Berry, and Kiko Alonso. Alonso was rated as the 2nd worst selection in the draft (linebackers' expected points are significantly undervalued in this league compared to typical leagues).

Tale of Two Drafts

Coach Rook was apparently saving their good picks for last. While they ranked 9th in expected value added during the first half of the draft, they ranked 4th over the last 11 picks. In the first half, Coach Rook reached for several players, including Brian Cushing. They turned things around in the second half with picks like Tyler Eifert, who we had pegged as the best value of any tight end drafted.

Babes in the Woods

Pete Chilcutt have to be hoping that youth will serve, as they ended up with the youngest team in the draft. Their squad includes whipersnappers such as Christine Michael (22), Cordarrelle Patterson (22), and Knile Davis (21). That strategy didn't really pay off, as Pete Chilcutt are projected to have the 4th worst starting lineup in the league.

Sorry Fade had to post that!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

So, is the waiver wire open?

It shows a message that my commish hasn't set up the wire for my league when I attempt to search for players thru the site.

4. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Rook, I switched the add/drop system from waivers to "owners may add players" so that people can do their add/drops over the next couple of days to get ready for the season without any waiting around foolishness.

Once the season starts, let's go back to the waiver system.

Hope that's okay.

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Thanks fade.

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I thought we were using Yahoo for fantasy.....did something change that we are using CBS Sports now?

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I won the draft! I'm going out on top, so I quit.

BTW- DAMN you guys were busy adding and dropping this weekend. Did any of you see the sun?

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, a bunch of losers in this league. All they have is their fantasy worlds and they cant even win at that.

9. Rocketball

Supporting Member

That is coming from the chick who did the most adds/drops so far!

10. LonghornFan

So we're staying at CBS and not transferring to the Yahoo league you created, correct? Just wanna delete my team to fix my fantasy sports clutter.

11. Rocketball

Supporting Member

Yes I paid for this dumb thing, we're staying put....

1 person likes this.
  12. LonghornFan

I like it, MUCH better than the other site. Thanks breh.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Can you still transfer everything to Yahoo anyways? I feel like you need to practice just in case we ever need you to do it in the future. Thanks, let me know when it's done.

14. Rocketball

Supporting Member

Yeah I'll get right on that...just go to the site, keep hitting refresh, till you see it all has been transferred. Don't come back to this smack board till you see it completed.....

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

First game is tomorrow right? How do we set our lineups? It shows 2 mandatory RB slots for me.

16. Rocketball

Supporting Member

Your line-ups need to be set 5 minutes prior to the gametime. To set your line-ups just drag a player to whatever spot you want - any issues, send me your line-up and I can set it for you.

As for two RB's, if you noticed on the top of your roster page in the red box, red writing, you have the following error message:

You have 14 active players. You must have 13.
    You have 2 active Running Backs. You must have 1.

Therefore you have to remove one of the RB's and put him on the bench. Once you do that you won't have that problem any further.

17. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Does moes have time to do his own recap of the draft?

I believe the one CBS sent out was midway through when Rook was adjusting picks for a few of us.

18. LonghornFan

Rook posted the latest CBS recap after the draft up there. Scroll up.

19. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

So can we go ahead and exit the Yahoo league then?

EDIT: NVM, I took myself out. :)

20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yeah we got that same recap during the draft.

Oh well. It won't be life or death if we don't get one from moes.