1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Capela Should be an All Star this Season. (With Highlights from Pelicans Game)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theimpossibles1, Dec 12, 2017.

?

Will Capela Make the 2017/18 All Star Game?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

while I dont think CC is a true all star, if the league let DJ be an all star im all for CC making the team. I think he will in the future atleast once though. capela impacts the game just as much as any of the best bigs in the league.

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Will he? No....unless the Chinese contingent stuffs the ballot box. Should he? Possibly. As others have pointed out, his MPG limit him. If he keeps maturing he will certainly make the leap to All-Star caliber player.

3. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

still too early to say, the kids needs more consistency, if he can play defense and rebound consistently like last night, he will become an all star some day

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't even think centers go to the all star games anymore, fam.

RudyTBag, Nook and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Rockets4Life13

I have been critical of CC because he just seems to be to soft every now and then. But his stats are undebiably great... if DAJ can make an allstar apperance carried by CP, capela can do the same but do we really want that?

He is in his contract year and if he makes an allstar team now that would just boost his value even more. The allstar game itself has no value at all, it’s just the selection as an accomplishment and again, do we really want him to probably get an even bigg r contract just so he gets selected?

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

7. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Nah he ain't on that level yet. If you don't have one single reliable big man move, other than receiving alley oops, you're not an all star. At least not in my book. This was by far his best game of the season, but it was just as much due to Harden destroying the Pelicans wings and Cousins not knowing how to jump.

Until he throws it down with authority on a regular basis like Deandre, I can't consider him an all star with no legit offensive moves.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Should he? YES
    Will he? NO

Rocket River

9. Nook

Nook Member

No, jokic and Gasol are both obviously better players than Capela.

Clint is doing exactly what he has been asked to do. He arguably has the absolute possible best situation in the league. He has the two best point guards in the league feeding him the ball, he has forwards that are on the perimeter and he has a head coach that has a style of game perfect for Clint.

I think Capela is deserving of being considered for the all star game, because he is for the most part doing exactly what the Rockets want him to do, but he isn't a better basketball player than Gasol or Jokic.

slothy420 and saleem like this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

A Center with a host of moves . . .. . would that really help the Rockets?

Rocket River

RudyTBag likes this.
  11. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

HE will be an All Star.

12. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

Holy crap that's 807%! How can he not be an all-star with numbers like that?!

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He plays well when the defense is unable to stop Harden and him. He is limited on offense, though he is making some progress. Clint also struggles against big men, however I was very pleased to see him blocking and altering shots against Cousins. Numbers don't tell the real picture in my opinion.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup he sure did struggle against guys like cousins, gasol, and embiid. oh wait..

RudyTBag likes this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He has had a very good game, after some soft performances in a row. It wouldn't matter much if Nene could keep up with the pace.
    Nene is still good, but over shorter periods. and Black hasn't been doing well. Codman has been giving hints about Houston wanting another big man.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

"soft performances" are meaningless when hes impacting the game positively on a nightly basis. i couldnt careless if he dunked the ball harder than nene or not. so long as he finishes. and based on how this year has gone so far the ball is going in the basketball better than ever

17. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I'm just gonna continue to enjoy watching his development. He has plenty of time left in his career to make all star teams. He's getting better by the day tho. I noticed his timing on blocking shots has even improved from the beginning of this season to now.

Rocket River likes this.
  18. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I don't know about all-star games, but one thing I really like about Clint is that he has a soft touch on his blocks. He'll stop the ball and try to get it to one of his teammates if he can. Compare to when Dwight was here and he insisted on swatting everything into the 10th row. Makes a nice highlight but just gives the ball back to the opponent for another play.

19. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

If Clint Capela is our starting center for the balance of the season, we are going to struggle to make the playoffs.