1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Canelo vs GGG

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by HtownTrill, Aug 8, 2017.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This state of boxing is sad, even when someone completely dominates a fight we're not surprised by a rigged decision.
    "Challenger has to knock the champ out in order to win" is a sad reflection of this.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

this didn't happen so not sure what the hell you're talking about.

that said, ggg has knocked down and mowed down everyone he's ever faced but canelo, with amazing mayweather-lite defense, made him miss a lot. even when he was hit, canelo showed a solid chin.

i can't get over the fact that ggg isn't getting criticized for not even coming close to hurting/stopping canelo AND canelo isn't getting credit for his amazing defense and chin against the "most feared" fighter in boxing. i could also argue that based on expectations for each fighter, ggg failed at his goal while canelo succeeded in his goal. the judges and related excuses are letting folks ignore common sense and have revisionist expectations.

4. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

5. VanityHalfBlack

Yep, Canelo ass was backing away running sprints through most of the fight. I didn't know you get points for that? Triple G walk through that one right hook like it was nothing.

6. VanityHalfBlack

Whenever Triple G talks do anyone think in their head.

[​IMG]

kazakhstan #1

7. ipaman

you must hate mayweather then but i don't. defense counts in boxing and canelo had some sexy ass defense at times during the fight. personally i love that ****. i mean you got a guy like ggg, a monster trying to kill you, and you're bobbing and weaving, slipping and sliding, dipping and turning, grinning and smiling, super facking impressive especially when you consider WHO he was defending against.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You should be a lot less condescending when your opinion is in the extreme minority and is the opposite of most experts, boxers, coaches etc.

And your bs regarding "he didn't hurt" or knockdown Canelo has absolutely nothing to do with winning a decision, it's obvious you don't know how fights are scored.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  9. ipaman

bullshit, you and many other morons don't know how a fight is scored. here is the breakdown for you noobs,

1. Effective Aggression – Being aggressive gives the impression of dominance, but unless the boxer is landing shots and not constantly getting countered, it’s not exactly “effective.” Judges look for effective aggression, where the aggressor consistently lands his punches and avoids those from his opponent.

2. Ring Generalship – The fighter who controls the action and enforces his will and style.

3. Defense – How well is a boxer slipping, parrying, and blocking punches? Good defense is important.

4. Hard and Clean Punches – To the untrained eye, it can appear as if a boxer is landing a lot of shots, when, in fact, most are being blocked or aren’t landing flush. A judge needs to look for hard shots that land clean.

Canelo absolutely dominated #3 category and you could argue he won #4 based on power stats. GGG won categories #1 and #2 no argument there. Oh would you look at that... both won two categories each. Wait... doesn't that mean a tie? Hold up..., the fight was actually scored a draw?!?! Outrage!!!

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This is embarassing, you literally copy+pasted the FIRST google result for scoring and try to act like 99% of ACTUAL experts, boxers, coaches and journalists are morons.

Absolutely stunning to see you being the absolute minority with your opinion and still acting as if everyone else is stupid. This may seem like a good idea on a forum where none of us is a real pro, but what would you even say to the actual experts, coaches and boxers who nearly unanimously say GGG won this?

Your aggressive "holier than thou" attitude doesn't help.

Joshfast and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  11. VanityHalfBlack

Canelo lost dude. Give it up!

12. ipaman

are you saying google sucks and finding official boxing categories and metrics for scoring? since you're smarter than google, tell me how you think nevada boxing commission scores? hurry up, i'm waiting.

13. ipaman

sorry for the spoiler but it was a draw actually. you didn't hear?

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I don't, I'm asking how you can be such a condescending prick when 99% of all ACTUAL experts say GGG dominated this and should've won.

At that point you should reflect and maybe realize that you are the one that is wrong and shouldn't call others noobs or snowflakes. You haven't once replied to my point of experts basically unanimously agreeing on this, are they all idiots and you the only one knowing how to score bouts?

Joshfast likes this.
  15. ipaman

no need to reflect i know exactly why. because 99% are focusing on byrd's scorecard and 99% hated mayweather too.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Now you're not even trying anymore, nice.

99% of coaches, boxers, experts, journalists saying GGG won are NOOBS and SNOWFLAKES
    ipaman: No need to reflect, the actual experts are all idiots and don't know boxing, only I do

Wrap it up, boys.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  17. ipaman

didn't say any of that but don't care, you agree, i'm right.

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Byrd got fired.

VanityHalfBlack and Yung-T like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

GGG won fairly handily.

Yung-T and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  20. cebu

cebu Member

Maybe it's time to change the rules. it should go by how many times you knock down a fighter, not points.

we should put back the 3 knockdown rule. otherwise it's a draw. and if it's a draw, 50% prize money will be cut.

also for PPV watches will get automatic 50% rebate.

Plata o plumo?

K mf G likes this.