1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Canelo vs GGG

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by HtownTrill, Aug 8, 2017.

1. what

what Member

If you haven't seen Teddy Atlas vs Screaming A. Drop what you are doing, go to espn and watch it immediately. Best fight of the night. By far.

Yung-T and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  2. Mr. Space City

in some of mayweather fights he's the more busier fighter with even more lopsided compubox numbers.

[​IMG]

even in fights where opponents are "busier" than mayweather he still outlands them.

in the mayweather vs. canelo fight, canelo threw 232 power punches to mayweather's 175 and mayweather still outlanded canelo 93 to 73

that lopsidedness wasn't the case for canelo this fight.

Yung-T likes this.
  3. Mr. Space City

the irony.....

KingCheetah and Yung-T like this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yes, but still outpunching his opponents in all significant categories.
    I'm not, seeing "stalking" as a winning criteria even contradicts my Mayweather sentiments.

My point is that you say Canelo won based on smart counter punching and more clear shots, while Canelo actually was losing in all important punching categories and landed less in every single round of the fight. While at the same time, Mayweather always lead in punching stats and was far more active than Canelo tonight.

So the counter puncher (Canelo) with less punches than his opponent is more deserving of a win than Mayweather, who clearly outpunched his opponents? Doesn't make sense, does it?

5. VanityHalfBlack

GGG post fight interview was awesome. I like when he said, 'As you can see with all these belts, I'm still champion.
    Kazakhstan
    baby!!!

K mf G, BamBam and Yung-T like this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

hbo was in ggg's pocket, they are heavily trying to market ggg to casuals, ggg when he is fighting bums looks amazing. when he fights guys with talent all of sudden he is old now. I thought Jacobs edged him out by narrow decison( without the push knockdown it would have been even clearer), and i thought Canelo won last night. HBO and lederman constantly fool these casuals into thinking "pressure" equals winning rounds... this isnt the ufc. Pressure is good, but you have to have effective aggression, ggg was landing the jab, but missing about 1./6th of his power shots all night long. Canelo on the other hand fought a smart fight, he knew he wasnt the bigger puncher or the bigger guy and fought the right fight, i think if canelo wasnt as macho in the earlier rounds and tied gennady up in the early rounds to tire his ass out, he would have at least knocked him down later in the fight. Canelo put in great body work, great head shots, and nice hooks and uppercuts, Canelo closed the show and took the championship rounds 10-12.. round 11 was a bit iffy i could see someone maybe giving that round to gennady, but i had canelo winning 116-112. and at best 115-113 depending on how you scored the 11th

This fight in a way mirrored the whitaker/ chavez fight. one guy coming forward, and another outboxing the other, im not saying canelo is as slick as whitaker, but i was impressed by canelos defense and head movement. GGG is like a robot if you stand still he will kill you, if you dont give him anything to hit and outbox him and move, he will look average. This is why i think a younger Mayweather schools triple ggg easy. The weight would be an issue, but the mayweather from the canelo fight would beat the ggg we saw last night

I wouldnt be suprised if hbo got ggg in the ring with some bum to get a ko again, probably a featherfisted champion like billy joe saunders. Now that Canelo knows he can take gennadys power, i think he will make adjustments and tom loeffers and k2 promotions knows that

btw i dont agree with the 118-110 scoreboard, and most of these hacks on espn are tied to hbo as well. Max Kellerman is a perfect example

8. Mr. Space City

i think we all can agree that Adalaide Byrd is a bad judge and that 118-110 result is bullshit. even if you thought Canelo won, it wasn't that big.

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

How did you score each round?

Not trying to be mean, but nearly everyone I know, most journalists and the vast majority of experts&boxers had GGG winning. Not sure you should call everyone casuals that are easily fooled, when your opinion is part of an extreme minority.

This isn't about GGG simply winning because he initiated more action, you are trying to dumb the fight down.

BamBam likes this.
  10. what

what Member

I think you should look up compubox is rigged.
    This thread shou get you started.
    http://boxrec.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=191242

And lampley is a clown.

11. what

what Member

I think it was meant to be ridiculous, since it sparks outrage and sells another fight. At the end of the day, ggg is going to love this decision, since he's about to get paid again.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I fully know that and don't trust it, but I watched the fight and my opinion is shared by the vast majority of experts, journalists, boxers and fans.

13. what

what Member

at the end of the day, everybody, all the judges, ggg and canelo, their promoters and HBO were in on this decision.
    A draw is just too perfect.
    Boxing at this level is a product, it's entertainment, it's wwe when a face turns on his partner to be a heal.

The goal for this fight was to get people talking, which it accomplished. The outcome was never in doubt.

14. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Triple G won the fight! Neither fighter was ever hurt in the entire fight, but it was obvious who was dictating the fight and who landed more punches! You can spin it as much as you want...

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I had GGG winning by 3 rounds but I'm not mad at a draw. Rematch should be more fun.

16. cebu

cebu Member

Bet on Canelo but that score was really bad. Pablo is not happy.

17. cebu

cebu Member

Boxing is really bad, first, Mayeather won in the first round against Connor. Now another judge score 8 more points on Alvarez. Send coordinates to Kim Jung Un.

18. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

I agree with this guy 100% percent

BamBam likes this.
  19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Wow!! You made a 1hr video..o_O

FYI, I watched your video for the first 7-8 minutes then you started to wash/rinse/repeat. Regardless I was impressed with your enthusiasm and therefore I gave it a thumbs up and hit the like button. Having giving you a like doesn't mean that I agree with you that triple G lost and Alvarez won, just means I'm a softy for 1hr videos...;)

(P.S) Don't stop giving your version of the truth Mr. @RocketsTruth!!

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I suppose someone had to be the edgelord and try to make a case for Canelo actually winning the fight, but honestly I didn't expect to see anyone go that route. When you land 49 fewer punches, you do no damage to the other fighter whatsoever at any point during the match, and had the other fighter push the action and be in charge of the entire match there's just no case for you winning. Now sure, Canelo landed the most flashy punches.....but they did no damage whatsoever so they might as well have been jabs.

There's no explanation for any outcome other than a GGG win besides corruption.

BamBam likes this.