1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can you park in your garage?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by body slam, May 20, 2018.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm just messing. As I'd posted earlier, my 2-car is in transition from being filled with junk to being filled with tools. I could, though, put both of my cars on my driveway but I don't. Maybe it's because I'm inconsiderate, but I'm surprised at how much people are bothered by how their neighbors choose to park. The only time I've really been irked at the housekeeping habits of a neighbor was the time a neighbor cut down all the trees on his lot, including a very mature, large, beautiful red oak tree. But, I guess it's his property to do whatever dumb stuff he wants to do.

SLRokJok likes this.
  2. MacLovin

MacLovin Member

We can park 1 in our 2-car garage. Then we have Christmas decorations, old furniture, yard stuff, stuff that needs to be sold, stuff that we need to give to people, etc.

The problem is my girlfriend, honestly. She needs to get rid of all of her old crap.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

While I don't park my cars in the garage, I am the same. So many houses in my neighborhood that have a long driveway and detached garage...yet they park on the street. Some on blind corners...which is awesome.

I grew up in The Woodlands. When we moved back, detached garage with long driveway was our the top 3 "must haves". Had an attached garage in previous homes when we lived in Austin. Hated it.

Sajan and SLRokJok like this.
  4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm generally a 'live and let live' kind of guy, but on my street there are so many cars parked on the street (instead of the garage/driveway) that it's actually pretty dangerous. You never know when a kid is going to dart out in front of you from behind one of those 100 cars parked on the street. It's happened to me several times and I drive like a grandma while driving through my neighborhood for that very reason. Other people aren't as careful as me.

5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

I'd be happy to. :)

6. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

I guess for me it's an aesthetic thing, followed by logic. You'd arguably be closer to a front or back door if you didn't park on the street with an open driveway.

It doesn't make sense. An example, my father in law has a sprinkler system at his house, that he doesn't use. His lawn prob aint green right now and def won't be come summer. But he does care enough to mow and trim what's there.

7. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Since you had first hand experience, and I hope to never, what did u hate bout having an attached garage?

8. leroy

Turned out my oldest son's room was either sharing a wall or just above the garage. Opening and closing would wake him up. Also creates a nice, not well insulated enough, oven attached to the house. Lastly, there are activities I might partake from time to time in that are better done in a room not attached to the house.

ROCKSS likes this.
  9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's annoying when neighbors park in front of my house or they line up the street making it difficult to back out easily.

JuanValdez likes this.
  10. JuanValdez

:eek: Scandal!

:D

11. marky :)

marky :) Member

Since we're talking about how neighbors park annoyingly, I present to you how my one neighbor parks in the cul de sac. When they have guests over, they all decide to park the same way starting from their house. :mad:

Only example I can find on the interwebz and its the 3 cars on the left of the cul de sac.
    [​IMG]

12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Interesting word choice.

13. leroy

I like to smoke meats.

Yeah...that's it.

14. JuanValdez

Okay, I take back what I said. That's some annoying *** **** right there. I grew up on a cul de sac and parking at the curb was no big deal. We could fit 2 cars in front of our house, but we'd fit one and leave one spot to our neighbor who had the narrow slice of the pie. We all lived in harmony. But those old neighbors are gone and my parents' new neighbors do this crap, parking with their nose to the curb and their ass sticking out into the street. You can't make a u-turn in the cul de sac anymore. You have to pull into a driveway and do a 3-point turn to get yourself turned around. Why would anyone think it was okay to park with their car sticking out into the road?

15. marky :)

marky :) Member

Then they start doing this **** when they have a gathering. They just somehow think its cool to just park like this(Black Boxes = Cars) when there's plenty of space all along the street.

[​IMG]

16. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

That would suck. To put in the extra effort to get around that. And having to look out your window expecting to see greenery and houses, instead its a parking lot

Sajan likes this.
  17. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Nope, my garage was converted into a living room long ago.