1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Can you park in your garage?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by body slam, May 20, 2018.

1. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It's more of a pain to park in my garage than just in the driveway. Have a detached garage and no cover from there to the house. Not entirely sure my truck and her car would fit very well. Plus, I have my "man cave" setup out there and I'm not giving that up.

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Technically.

DonkeyMagic likes this.
  3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Garages are designed to house your cars. It drives me INSANE when I see garages used as storage with cars parked outside. It infuriates me when I see a two-car garage used for one car who parks in the middle because there's too much crap on either side.

4. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I can park my bicycle in the garage. Sort of.....

5. Nook

Nook Member

One poster makes his au pair live in his unfinished unairconditioned garage over the summer.

6. Buck Turgidson

4 trailers, 1 Jeep, 1 boat, 1 Mule, 1 truck, 1 canoe, 2 kayaks...the **** adds up.

That doesn't even count the other barn where the tractors and skid steers and road graders live...

7. Buck Turgidson

Possibly the wrong thread:

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

F^*% no .... sad face

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

No, but I can bark in it.

So, the joke above may seem strange. Allow me to explain. Growing up as an unruly teenager, my friend and I were totally into Cheech and Chong movies. We used to record ourselves on audio tape pretending to be Cheech and Chong using their voices...and I do believe we were quite good at it. So, this one night, we were...a bit wasted...and recording our episode of "Cheech and Chong". In our live spoken story, we were in that cool car they had with the chain steering wheel. And, I (Cheech) was driving. So, we just got done cruising around the neighborhood showing off our new suspension...man...and we were driving back home. So, my friend (Chong) says "park in the garage, man". I (Cheech) respond out of the blue with (recording on the audio tape mind you) "RUFF! RUFF! RUFF!" (barking sounds into the microphone). I sh_t you not...I interpreted what he asked as "bark in the garage, man" so that's what I did. Then, he responds (as Chong) with "lol...wtf r u doin'...I said 'park in the garage, man'. you're stoned!". I then said "I thought you said 'bark in the garage, man'...so that's what I did!". Not sure where it went after that. LOL

This is a true story. This was entertainment back in the day. And, the tape exists but said friend has it. We loved doing Cheech and Chong recordings. And, we were good at it. :)

#29 Surfguy, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    Astrodome likes this.
  10. Newlin

Newlin Member

Yes, two cars in the garage.

But, the lowlifes next door to me even have a car in the street. Completely unacceptable. Sometimes they are even partially parked in front of my house. The nerve of those people. Their lawn crew also parks in front of my house. I got all kinds of problems.

11. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I grew up in CA, and in my entire childhood, the garage was always filled with junk. There was never a car parked in there. And it was a big 2-car garage. Probably 2.5 really, or even 3.0.

I suppose that's a luxury warm-weather states have. Now I live in WI. Believe me, routinely parking your car outside your garage is not a thing here. No one wants to shovel their car out if they don't have to.

12. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

I have a 2 car detached oversized garage, that both my cars park in.

I have a neighbor couple houses down that have a detached garage and long driveway, yet they park on the street. I have a neighbor across the street that has a detached garage and a driveway gate halfway up. Yet they park outside of the gate and 2 cars on the street. It bothers me.

I've always had detached garages, don't think I can deal with attached garage, too close to the street, no privacy. And imo no curb appeal when half your front house is the garage. It's an eye sore driving down a street with cars parked all up on attached garage driveway and street.

For my garage id like to get a screen on rails and ideally a ductless mini split, maybe a window AC unit if those can fit between garage studs?

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

My garage is filled to the ceilings on 3 sides, but we still fit both of our cars in there and always will. I may have a touch of OCD, but I like the clean look of a house with no cars in the driveway. Plus too many kids running around at night robbing cars parked outside.

People on my street park their cars in the driveway or on the street and then get mad when they get broken into. You can't complain about having your laptop stolen when you leave it in your unlocked car parked on the street. Come on....

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Just bought a house out in the country and I have a 2 car garage and a 1 car one. I will be able to park my truck in the big one once I finish unpacking. I may only do it during storms but I will do it.

15. marky :)

marky :) Member

I stupidly decided not to get a 3 car garage when I had the opportunity to have one last year and I regret it every day. Would love one section to have a workbench and etc.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Hello neighbor. I had no idea it bothered you. Not that I'll change anything I do. The driveway is long, but it's only one car wide. If I park behind my wife in the evening, she'll have to rearrange the cars in the morning to get out.

17. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Hello neighbor. Do you have a garage at the top of your driveway that has room for both of your cars to fit into?

18. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

We haven't heard from the parking chair partisan group.

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

you're more than welcome to come organize my car hole for me.

[​IMG]

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Theoretically?