1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can you park in your garage?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by body slam, May 20, 2018.

1. body slam

body slam Member

Can you park in your garage?

I have a small house with a very small single car garage. Between the lawn mower, tool box, gas cans, and other stuff I'm still able to fit my truck in my garage. I may be parked cockeyed and only able to get out on the driver's side, but it's still in the garage and the door closes. I'm amazed at the number of people that leave their cars out, but when they leave the garage door open you can see why. Clutter, junk, exercise equipment, toys, bikes and the list goes on. I have a neighbor who has one of the most awesome looking man caves. He also has well over $100,000 worth of vehicles setting in the driveway because of it.

GO ROCKETS!!!!

Sajan likes this.
  2. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Yes, I also can't understand people storing junk in a garage and parking expensive cars in a driveway.

RockFanFirst, Deuce, gatsby and 2 others like this.
  3. Sajan

Sajan Member

Garage is to park your cars. I park two inside and daily beater in the driveway.

I don't get people who store all their old sh** in a garage. Things they are never going to need. I routinely go through and throw out stuff I haven't used. I could move in the next 30 mins if I needed to.

B-Bob, body slam and marks0223 like this.
  4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Varies, but yes, at the moment no.. But that's because of a house remodel .. But always prefer working in garage on cars/projects instead of on the driveway in 100 degree weather during the summer :)

I actually have A/C in my garage, the last thing is getting a lift...

body slam likes this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

You need a bigger garage.

Here's what mine looks like:

[​IMG]

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

How much was that?

7. Buck Turgidson

Way too much. Look up Mueller Buildings in your area.

8. Roscoe Arbuckle

I grew up in houses with at least two-car garages. I only recall on old Mercedes Diesel collecting dust in there. (and one of my favorite scents is diesel gas in a garage)

I tend to binge & purge with my stuff, but I'm not a family of 4 + other members.

My Dad was an incredible guy, and he obviously saw reason to keep items from past days. We had decades of a two car garage filled to the rim! I still recall having to go through the back door to open the house because someone lost a key. Pitch-black, lots of stumbling, it was awful... But that's also why I will always love that stupid old house.

My Mom & I chose to let a lot of them go. I love nostalgia. I love my family. I just lost my family "home" for over 30 years. You will always want to keep & honor that place you loved, but anything larger than a nightstand? Too much.

body slam likes this.
  9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Why you got a 12 car garage? And you only got 6 cars?

Baqui99 and LonghornFan like this.
  10. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Yes, 2 cars in there now. But I still need to purge a lot of junk.

We have a shed in the backyard for fold-able tables, chairs, lawn mower, etc.

body slam likes this.
  11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yep, have everything stacked as neatly as possible around the perimeter of the garage. We fit both vehicles in the garage.

Deuce and body slam like this.
  12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Usually, yes. A serious of events has kept me getting one car in but one good weekend of cleanup should get me back having the two in there.

body slam likes this.
  13. marky :)

marky :) Member

Other than lawn stuff/miscellaneous xmas lawn decorations/car stuff/tools/bike/tires, nothing else is stored in the garage and the wife and I have plenty of room for our two cars.

If we start to use the garage to store stuff other than what I mentioned above, then its probably time for us to throw away/donate things.

body slam likes this.
  14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yes, ancient, small one-car garage. Park our small car in it, no problem.

body slam and tmoney1101 like this.
  15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

yeah, for us it's the yard stuff, Grill, tools / work bench and bicycles.

All of our xmas stuff is in the attic. Garbage cans are hidden behind the AC machine.....no way in hell is there enough space for those in the garage.

This does cause me to have my gym indoors, which is in the office. Which is fine, I'd rather have it in the garage but my ride is more important...

body slam likes this.
  16. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Gotta bunch of 1%ers in this thread turning their nose up at us yard parkers. We’re people too, ok?

body slam likes this.
  17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LOL, this. In my suburban neighborhood most of my neighbors park in their driveway and store a ton of junk in their 2 car garage. We park our cars in our garage. I guess I feel if you have to use your garage for junk, you just got too much stuff. But to each their own.

Sajan and body slam like this.
  18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Nope. I wasn't raised that way. My father used the garage for his workshop and art studio -- he was a painter and a house contractor. So we had the table saw there, the air compressor, chests of drawers full of hand tools, shelves full of circular saws and power tools, buckets of house paint, cans of paint thinner, stacks of 2x4s, plus easels, paint brushes, etc. That's also for the washer and dryer, the lawn mower, the weed wacker, shovels, wheelbarrows, whatever. Then my dad built a big building in the back and moved all his painting back there, but the garage still had all the contractor equipment. Right now, I have a lot of junk in my garage that I'm working to clear out. But, as I clear it out the space gets filled by tools. I have never in my life parked my own car in my own garage, and probably never will. I never understood why people thought the most useful thing they could do with an unfinished building on their property was to fill it with a car that was engineered to be outside in the elements.

body slam likes this.
  19. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

For now, I can. But I wish I had a three car garage for the extra space. I have tools, large power tools, workbench, lawncare equipment, camping gear, and a kayak in the garage. That alone can take up one spot. But I made good use of the walls and ceiling space. It's still a bit tight.

body slam likes this.
  20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

barely.

tmoney1101 likes this.