1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calgary Flames to Houston in 3 years?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by tallanvor, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

i always use these unis in 2k when the rockets play.

2. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

I liked these jerseys, but that color scheme reeks of Vancouver.

Just slap the Astros 70's rainbow jerseys on them, Orange as a primary color with blue and white as secondary colors. Keep the logo but change the color scheme.

3. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

I don't remember anyone ever dissing the Tequila Sunrise Astros jerseys of the 70s and 80s, those things are/were unique and colorful, almost timeless. The dildo rockets looked like the b*stard spawn of the Bad Boy pistons jerseys and the Pinstriped Magic.

MadMax likes this.
  4. texans1095

texans1095 Member

Would love this logo/jersey concept. Given the fact that we already had a team named the Aeros, they were relatively popular, and they moved away and changed names, I would think that the Aeros would be the top name option for any team relocating to Houston. The Coyotes seem like the most likely due to the fact that they have significant money issues and their arena issues. However, I think any Houston sports fan should root for Calgary to relocate to Houston rather than the Coyotes. The Flames are in a much better position (roster wise) moving forward.

5. SuraGotMadHops

They looked terrible but it was an appropriate design for the time period, all of the NBA teams were moving toward huge gaudy logos on the front of their jerseys. Recall the huge Hawk in front of the ATL jersey the enormous Space Needle in Seattle, Vince Carter with the gigantic dinosaur on the front of his jersey.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Except that the rainbow orange jerseys defined the Astros...and the Rockets changed their entire color scheme and logo immediately on the heels of winning two rings. I know they had submitted the change before they won the first one...but the timing and context of that makes it, to me, the worst uniform change in the history of pro sports. All that you invest into to create brands..particularly in pro sports where it's connected to nostalgia and memories and performance on the field/court...was just lost.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This post did NOT get the credit it deserved.