1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Business Leaders Humiliate Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rashmon, Aug 15, 2017.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This is how I picture those CEOs

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Trump is just a horrible person. I don't see how anyone can still defend him, regardless of political leaning.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

At this point, if someone is a avid Trump supporter, it's out of pride and an unwillingness to admit they had a mental lapse in judgement.

Or they are just anarchists who want to see the world burn.

4. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Everyone in the world is laughing at our president right now. It is just so funny to watch Jimmy Kimmel show on ABC13 right now. His jokes are just so funny.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

"...those groups had already decided to dissolve on their own earlier in the day..."

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Most businesses and their CEOs have the Michael Jordan "Republicans buy shoes, too" mentality and would rather not be associated with anything politically controversial. The manufacturing council thing, under a normal President, Republican or Democrat, is usually a relatively harmless position. A company gets a least a small benefit from it and even people who didn't vote for the President don't get too mad at you for being on it. This President is very different.

All these businesses have substantial PR analytics operations tracking their reputation online to discern when **** is really hitting the fan and their brand image is at risk. I am guessing there are plenty of stats showing these CEOs that their association with anything Trump is a huge negative.

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

The end of Donald Trump is near. I think the catalyst for it will be Trump's defense of the indefensible (i.e. the KKK, the Nazis, white supremacists).

I thought the office of the presidency would make him a more dignified person. Quite the opposite, the guy is just embarrassing to watch.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  8. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...Actually the only person who has been relatively consistent in manner and temperament these past what? 6 or 7 months of Donald Trump's presidency has been Donald Trump himself.

He has never held anything, aside from himself and perhaps his children, to any degree other than the highest contempt, and has never behaved in any manner that did not benefit him personally or professionally. I doubt he's ever held a coherent thought as long as he's had to hold in a bowel movement.

And his (at best) cavalier dalliance with the Ku Klux Klan and people of that ilk, only serves to reinforce the moral bankruptcy of his views on society at large.

And I personally thank him for that. I can't tell anybody how much I appreciate candor.

Donald Trump has always been Donald Trump. And will most likely always be Donald Trump.

Of those moments when the greater good for everyone in our society must be defended and preserved, the circumstances serve only to reveal inner character, or lack thereof. And it's only more damning when there was so much warning beforehand that went unheeded, or sentiments that masqueraded themselves as impartiality or political rebelliousness were parlayed into this unseemliness.

Donald Trump hasn't failed at all.

We have.

#68 mdrowe00, Aug 16, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    eric.81, RocketWalta, B-Bob and 5 others like this.
  9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Most right-wingers on this forum refuse to renounce and criticize Trump harshly just because he's a Republican. Instead, they keep blaming lefties and the media for everything. This way, after he's out, they can argue they never supported him.

If Trump was a Dem, the righties would viciously attack him nonstop.

Phillyrocket and Deckard like this.
  10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

These were CEO's on HIS council. I feel better about most people that denounce white supremacy and are uncomfortable with others who don't. This isn't difficult. This is baseline stuff.

Deckard, Amiga and Rashmon like this.
  11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

You're absolutely right...but I honestly believe America is better than this and will prove it...

mdrowe00 and B-Bob like this.
  12. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I'm taking my ball and going home...

13. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Or maybe they...

[​IMG]

B-Bob and MadMax like this.
  14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't have anything against CEOs in general, but eff those guys on Trump's councils. They joined to exert outsized political influence to benefit their companies at everyone else's expense, then they only quit when the potential risk outweighed the potential benefit. They get no credit from me. They never should have lent the strength of their brands to Trump in the first damn place.

Xenon, mdrowe00, calurker and 3 others like this.
  15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

they are having their cake and eating it too.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

For the entire length of the campaign and all of the hate dog whistles, many of us suspected he was a bigot. All of his immigration rhetoric, Muslim ban rhetoric, America first rhetoric, Bannon's white nationalist Breitbart and Stephen Miller nonsense, cut immigration in half rhetoric since his election all played into that suspicion. So I'm with you in being glad that he's finally confirmed it once and for all. We knew who he was the whole time and now nobody can deny it.

Deckard, mdrowe00 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This is straight up embarrassing for Trump.

18. TL

TL Contributing Member

It's kind of their job to advocate on behalf of their companies. And they all are genuine leaders with a meaningful voice and perspective. Their departures actually damage his credibility more than they previously enhanced it. But it is hard to stomach their initial support. I get that.

As an aside, I love that it was the women CEOs that led the group to be disbanded.

Rashmon and B-Bob like this.
  19. Major

Major Member

Or they are white supremicists or bigots in general.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Rashmon, Deckard, Xenon and 2 others like this.
  20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Looks like the CEOs were about to announce leaving anyway. Trump tried to preempt them.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-business-council-strategic-policy-forum-why-ceos-left-2017-8

Deckard likes this.