1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bruno Caboclo reaches agreement with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by craguin, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Dutchrudder!

Dutchrudder! Member

Dude, just sign out of your account, delete this forum from your favorites, and never come back. Find a new team to follow, this one is not for you.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

holic is that you. all these hot takes from a preseason game LOL

3. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Deckard likes this.
  4. fattz

fattz Member

Just think he is the easiest player to move to get Butler. The system and a team of Paul, Harden, Butler, Melo with Ego and Tucker will crush most teams and we had a lot of large talent that would develop as the season progresses to fill in at center. It’s early but those are my thoughts as of today. Yes Calvin Kato glasses are funny looking but damn; it’s okay to have a different view point.

MultipleSauces likes this.
  5. wesbound

wesbound Member

How do you know that he has no desire & will to expand his game? You followed him all summer long? It was his will & desire that got him to what he is today and our starting center.
    Quit trying to sound like you know what you're talking about by putting the kid down. Pathetic sh*t.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOF?

Swiss Roll and hakeem94 like this.
  7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Bruno put up 15 points on 7 shots (2 of 5 from 3pt land). On the season, he's averaging 40% from 3pt range and 2 blocks in 20 minutes per game. Maybe we haven't seen the last of him yet.

MURDERED the guy at the end of the game with that block heh

#347 Mathloom, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

of course not. When he becomes a player in 4 years, the threads will be endlessly bumped.

daywalker02 and xiki like this.
  9. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Would be worth it. Less than 1 in 100 of these type of guys end up turning it around. Caboclo would be worth a couple of years of attention in case he finally gets locked in. Just consistent effort and a reliable corner 3 would make him a monster in this league.

I hold out hope that having Nene closer might yield results, but yes I know chances are nothing changes. Still better to see him doing well in g league than not.

IvanLCPM, DreamShook, carib and 2 others like this.
  10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Cameron Oliver is a Player that should've been kept, Cameron got injured than released by Vipers. Looks Healthy to me.
    Young guys do get healthy faster. Daryl always overlooks talent at RGV.

pippendagimp and D-rock like this.
  11. jcf

jcf Member

So, does someone have rights to him or can any NBA team pick him up?

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The Blazers waived him this season. I'm glad Cam is fit again. He is better than Bruno, but we need a 3
    right now.

ApacheWarrior and RudyTBag like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Thanks for vid, I have high Hope's for Bruno. Any good news on Vince Edwards?

14. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Not really watching him, but he's played 2 games and is hitting his 3's (6 of 15) with a good asst/to ratio (6 assists to 1 turnover so far). Would be shocking to see MDA trust another rookie, I'm still surprised he let Clark in. Have to give him props on that, he's not as stubborn as I thought.

IvanLCPM, ramotadab, saleem and 2 others like this.
  15. fattz

fattz Member

Cam hurt his wrist during preseason last year then was released. I never thought he got a real chance to play with squad. He plays bigger than he is, 3/4 or a perfect small-ball 5. His draw back is his energy level goes way up dominating the game then like a light switch he will disappear then back to dominating. I am still convinced if he were to play with us in a very controlled role we would just get the dominanting side of his game because of the Harden/Paul factor. Cam plays both offense and defense.

Bruno is better prospect than Cam because of his state of being. Bruno is just a specimen. When/If Bruno gets consistent, wow just wow. Bruno looks very natural on the court. He is just not completely comfortable. He plays like he is overthinking everything around him.

Neither is perfect but both could help, now (in a controlled role); and both would only grow into something more with consistent playing time in the NBA.

IvanLCPM likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

High time to find the next Leandro Barbosa.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly, Bruno plays like a r****ded baby giraffe.

To be fair though, so did Clint when he was a baby... :D

Williamson likes this.
  18. basketballholic

Never want to hear "wheels up" ever again.

RasaqBoi and heypartner like this.
  19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope Vince will play well in the G-League. If he can improve on defense and continue to shoot well, he might be able to join the Rockets. We have no other choice for the 3 spot, apart from Ennis.

20. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

He had no choice, man.. He used everybody in the roster before being pushed into a corner

Little Bit likes this.