1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bring back the Oiler name

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Roscoe Arbuckle, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Difference.....Ravens WILLINGLY left the Browns name and history in Cleveland. Charlotte wanted the Hornets name back because the expansion team owner named them the after himself (Bobcats). When he sold to Jordan, the Hornets name became available because NO wanted to change their name to something local. The Hornets were relocated because of BAD attendance. Jordan wanted to change the name because the Bobcats were WORSE in performance and the Hornets did have SOME history there. NONE of those applies to the Oilers.

As for Superstars, Larry Johnson and Alonzo Morning are nothing to get excited about for Hornets' history.

2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Only so many colors a team can chose. Red as primary and Yellow were out, Orange as a primary and blue were out. A primary Blue was really the only choice...but it couldn't be the same as the Oilers/Titans (Columbia). People seem to forget that people HATED Columbia Blue. For MANY years people wanted the Oilers to change for a darker blue or red as a the primary color. Again, nostalgia clouds memories.

Creepy Crawl and Uprising like this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I LOVED the Oilers - let it remain in the past, we are developing the same love for the Texans.

DD

Roc Paint and Uprising like this.
  4. body slam

body slam Member

I honestly would not mind using the Oiler name and colors for a retro game. Other than that I'm happy with the Texans.

Uprising likes this.
  5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Ok, you're right and I'm wrong about my subjective opinion.

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Your opinion. You liked Columbia blue. I liked it too. Fine. However, there were MANY who disagreed with you and me.

7. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I think I was unclear..........the only reason I think he'd be smiling is because Houstonian's want something he took away from us with no intention of ever giving back. In other words, even in death, he's making people here miserable. I say don't give him the satisfaction. F him......and the Oiler name.

Creepy Crawl, MadMax and Mr.Scarface like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

'Cause We're the Houston Frackers, Houston Frackers, Houston Frackers Number ONE!!!!

msn and Master Baiter like this.
  9. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

This thread reads like a bunch of angry old men. Babies born the year that the Oilers left Houston are of drinking age. Most people born from 1990 on (now 28 years old) have zero clue about the Oilers and don't care. Quit living in the past.

[​IMG]

arkoe and The Hunted like this.
  10. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

someone may want to take this down next time they're in Nashville. lmao

[​IMG]

Houstunna and Von Rafer like this.
  11. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Ooh that possum hollar got that old Erliers swag! They need to overlay it with the Come and Take logo..

12. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

They really show off the Superbowl in which their hearts were ripped out lol. Deshaun is gonna make them our b**** I'm cool with it.

13. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

That's exactly how I feel.

Uprising and body slam like this.
  14. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Loved the Oilers. Losing bastards.

But yeah that ship has sailed. But I do miss them and wish they had never left.

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

That ship has not only sailed - it's resting alongside the Titanic (where it belongs). Don't miss the team nor the ******* who owned it.

16. Buck Turgidson

That's different from now, how?

CometsWin likes this.
  17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

As you stupidly stated in an earlier post.

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um...they were not successful. Record speaks for itself. They have been more successful in Possum Holler (Nashville). They went to the Superbowl, had more division titles...better records.

If you want to root for the Oilers, go watch Pearland High School at "the Rig". Different Colors and Logo, but you get to root for a team with the Oilers name.....lol.

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Already covered this. Try again.

20. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Texans is a terrible name for a professional team. So non creative. Sounds like Pop Warner.