1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Brian Scalabrine on Rockets] "They're not better than Oklahoma City"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Daddy Long Legs, Feb 18, 2018.

?

Do you agree with Brian Scalabrine?

1. yes, because he is the GOAT

14 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. nah

144 vote(s)
    91.1%
  1. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

This guy says or does something every few years just to avoid becoming completely irrelevant. That’s all this is.

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

brian scalabrine needs to get his ass whooped!

3. ballscientist1

André Roberson is one of the best defenders in the nba. He is out of the season.

With healthy Roberson, Thunder are in the same level of Cavs and Rockets.

Last week, without Kevin Love, New-Look Cavs blow out Thunder and Celtics.

Playoffs Compare:

LeBron/Hill = Harden and Paul (last year Hill defeat Paul in the playoffs)

Hood = Ariza

T Thompson playoffs = Capela playoffs

Love > Ryan Anderson

Bench = bench?

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I disagree, but I'm fine with the comments. It's up to MDA, Harden and CP3 to break the narrative in the playofrfs. I like that everyone isn't fawning over the Rockets -- It gives me something to complain about:D

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If the Rockets aren't better than Oklahoma City, what makes Oklahoma City better than the Rockets?

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

But what does The Custodian Brian Cardinal think?

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Ballscientist spoke, nothing else matters, Rockets (and Cavs) are better than OKC, sorry Scrubabrine.

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Brian trying to prove he is on Max Kellerman level. Probably saw the ratings coming from Houston and said to himself, "I have to make some controversial statement to get some views."

10. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Let this be a lesson boys. Scurvy is dangerous to mental health. Always take your vitamin C!

11. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

>I'm one of those guys who says "you gotta prove it to me" in the playoffs instead of assuming
    >Says a team with Russell Westbrook, who has won one playoff game as the team's best player, Paul George who turns into Allen Iverson (lots of points, shitty efficiency) in the playoffs, and Carmelo Anthony, who has won a grand total of TWO first round playoff series in his entire 15-year career are more playoff ready.

I'll give him Adams over Capela head-to-head but Adams can't defend in space, Clint can, I can see D'Antoni throwing Harden and CP3 at adams on the perimeter and score layups until Adams gets benched, taking away OKC's rebounding and rim protection, or the game gets out of hand.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He's the White Mamba.

13. H-Town Rockets Guy

Who cares about this scrub thinks. He was nothing but a cheerleader on the teams he is been a part of. Still wonder teams wasted money on him on the roster..smh

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

No other team gets their past failures thrown in their face as much as the Rockets.

RyanB, Deuce, Cash Cam and 14 others like this.
  15. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Who’s this Brian guy that thinks anyone should have to prove anything to him? Like seriously, what did he ever accomplish? He’s the worst basketball player of all time and now he feels like teams need to prove to him something? Yea GTFO with that BS.

16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Raptors. Raptors get it worse than us honestly. They are the only team that I can think of that gets more disrespected during success than we do.

17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Blah, blah, blah. @ballscientist1
    last year Westbrook had Home Depot (Oladipo)
    Hayward was with Utah
    Bert was with Ernie

See you in the playoffs. That’s all that matters. The rest is all talk.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Even Michael Lee took OKC over Houston recycling the "they're built for the playoffs" take... lol.

As for Scalabrine, he not only said the Warriors and Thunder are better but that the Spurs without Kawhi might beat Houston. He's a television analyst for the Celtics and he actually brought up that the Rockets blew a 26-point lead in Boston as a reason why they're not that good.

How about the fact that the Rockets built a 26-point lead in Boston without Chris Paul, without Clint Capela and without Luc Mbah a Moute? Briante Weber played 15 minutes in that game, for crying out loud.

It's the new excuse for the Rockets play -- "It's only the regular season". He's just lazily running with a past narrative -- on Harden, on Paul, on D'Antoni. Get used to hearing it until the Rockets prove it in the playoffs.

Batman Jones, TMac'n, Codman and 30 others like this.
  19. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

GOOD. Give our players as much disrespect as possible. It's the best possible motivator to them hunkering down as a "band of brothers" and the best way to make our guys play hard. I want as much of this as possible. Keep underestimating our guys, please. There is no better motivator than disrespect.

Will, TMac'n, VooDooPope and 12 others like this.