1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bregman not a fan of trade rumors..

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by LongTimeFan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. conquistador#11

the guy works for radio?

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

There's not a single competent poster who said Tucker shouldn't be traded for a proven ace.

If all we had to trade was Tucker, Sale would be an Astro. As for the current trade season, no proven aces are being discussed. Just guys who have been aces in the past who may be able to get back to that level.

3. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Ok but saying they wont get back to ace level is just as likely as Tucker will be a star. so why not Tucker and another mid prospect for Cole, Archer, Quintana, Gray. I would do Tucker, Martes, and one or 2 others for Stroman... But everyone thinks worrying about the future of these MLB starters is more worrisome than Tucker and Martes MAAAAAAYBE becoming as good as they are now.

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

You don't just keep prospects so they can be good for you, they are trade juice. If you trade for these guys and they don't return to form you've just lost valuable currency that takes a little time to replenish, whether they ever become good or not. You can't just throw it around flippantly. Plus if you are gonna keep these good players around, you need cheap labor to offset the bigger money some of these guys are gonna start commanding. Somebody from the current farm is gonna need to be helping us moving forward.

Yaosthirdleg and HTM like this.
  5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Those things aren't equal at all. Tucker has a 5-10% chance of being a star.

Sonny Gray is a guy coming off injury and a bad year and has a career SIERA of 3.75 (3.83 this year).
    Jose Quintana has a career SIERA of 3.90 (4.15 this year)
    Gerrit Cole is also coming off injury and a bad year. His career SIERA is 3.57 (4.15 this year and 4.24 last)

What those guys have is a much higher chance of being good, because they've already proven they are. These guys aren't Chris Sale. I'd love to have any of them, but when we use the word ace, I expect that I put that guy on the mound that he is going to shut the other team down. I think those guys are a step below. We should be willing to move Tucker and Martes, but they want even more. Spending several bullets on one player is a huge risk (imagine how the Nationals would feel about having those Eaton prospects back).

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Dude searched for his name on twitter. Geez.

BigMaloe likes this.
  7. craigharmann

craigharmann Member

Check out the latest Lima Time Time podcast. Definitely gives a bit more insight.

8. fiersdownbelow

Well his Twitter is gone now. Guess you snowflakes got your wish.

9. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Well personally I don't give a crap

10. PhiSlammaJamma

What I liked about the site when I joined was the focus on truth, so for me, the ultimate question is whether or not twitter reveals a truth, or does it allow you to be someone you're not. And while I think it can do both, I think it leans on the side of revealing hidden truth. Whereas the podium leans on the side of hiding the truth.

So bottom line for me is to let Bregman tweet, do what he feels like doing, hit send, and let's not force him to do or be something he's not.

Will twitter hurt their brand, yes, it will do some pocket damage, but in the end if that doesn't matter to the player it doesn't matter to me. image is not everything. It is money. But it's not everything.

If the Physician or Lawyers wants to complain about me as a patient or client, then do it, I will have a better idea of who you are as a physician, and what I am as a patient, and the truth hurts, it really does, and it doesn't always sound better, but it moves us all forward and eliminates barriers to collective advancement.

Also, that truth goes both ways Bregman. You can say what you want on Twitter and in forums, but so can management, and the truth is, everyone at all times is on the trade block. It's a truth. So why not accept it.

#70 PhiSlammaJamma, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    jim1961 likes this.
  11. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

So, Bregman is the Astros version of Chandler Parsons?

WTF...we can never have nice things in this town.

12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I basically agree. At the end of the day, we are all human. People are going to react. One can make the proclamation that professional athletes should be held to a higher standard, but in reality, it just doesn't work out that way, especially for folks that by profession are very competitive by nature. Expecting a guy to let himself get punked on social media without reacting is just unrealistic.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

He's 23 years old ...let's give him a break. It's freaking twitter.

14. Buck Turgidson

I ****ing love this bbs. I really do.

Half of the people I want to strangle, the other half I want to buy beers and bullsh@t with....

Joshfast and MadMax like this.
  15. Tha_Dude

You should probably talk to your shrink about that.

16. Buck Turgidson

Look above, my lawyer has already signed off on it.

MadMax likes this.
  17. Tha_Dude

[​IMG]

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  18. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

But how far does Correa hit his home runs?

19. PhiSlammaJamma

Not far enough to catch A-Rod in career Homeruns. That was the debate. He's going to need more power than he has in the current tank. Prove to us he has the power to do it. Convince us.

#79 PhiSlammaJamma, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  20. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

extremely sure that i'm in that first group.

I do feel like my interactions with you have made me realize that I shouldn't take message boards as seriously as I used to...

Buck Turgidson likes this.