1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bregman not a fan of trade rumors..

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by LongTimeFan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

2. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

First Bregman tweets the Rangers and misspells his trash talk, now he is DMing fans. Just send this guy off for Quintana, whiny little twit.

msn and chievous minniefield like this.
  3. Newlin

Newlin Member

Bad look for Bregman. Someone with the club needs to sit down with him and explain that he's not doing himself any favors. It's not that big of a deal, but pro athletes never look good in these Twitter rants.

Houstunna likes this.
  4. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Appears that the guy has tweeted about Bregman 18 times this month.

There's apparently no "trade rumor," he's just mad Bregman blew him off or something.

[​IMG]

5. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

No thanks. He seems to have the raging desire to be a great player and works his butt off. He's young and under team control for several more years. He's not the guy I want to use to trade for a decent middle of the rotation guy like Quintana.

texans1095 likes this.
  6. texans1095

texans1095 Member

Exactly. In the grand scheme of things, it's hardly a big deal at all. But it doesn't look good at all for a pro athlete to be DM'ing a fan that suggested he be traded. I'm sure Bregman is plenty frustrated that his season hasn't gone as well as he probably hoped it would be, but he definitely could have handled this better. Still some maturing for him to do.

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Still has to let that crap go. Stay out of DMs and don't get into it with fans, even if they are pricks.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  8. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Of course. I'm not saying that he's blameless. Looks like he was especially nasty to the dude because they apparently have history in real life...

Plus, we've all talked mess about athletes. We can't really act all petulant when the athlete decides to snap back.

awc713 likes this.
  9. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

BS. It's unprofessional. I don't care what job he has, that's stupid behavior. It'd be stupid if a doctor railed on his patients, a lawyer on his clients or a president on his constituents.

He is a "professional" athlete; have some freaking decorum Breggy.

10. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

OK, good talk.

11. xcrunner51

Productive retort guy.

tellitlikeitis likes this.
  12. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Thanks. I'll be on my way now.

Hopefully you'll give me a heads-up when you hear about a doctor talking poop about one of his/her patients.

13. xcrunner51

Nah, can't bother a guy who's breaking news on 17 y/o's hitting home runs in the DSL

tellitlikeitis likes this.
  14. conquistador#11

silly americans and their twitter. I pity them!

:cue Dido:
    Dear bregman, I never missed an LSU game, took my little cousin
    to the tournament, he is your biggest fan. He idolizes Jeter the way you did,
    wears the No.2 and still even cheers for you when you're going through a hitting skid.
    All he wanted was a selfie and to shake your hand, you didn't have to diss us man.
    Now I'm going to post all the dirty you wrote me in my D.M/

My tea's gone cold, I'm wondering why I got out of bed at all
    The morning rain clouds up my window, and I can't see at all
    And even if I could it'll all be gray, but your picture on my wall
    It reminds me that it's not so bad, it's not so bad

15. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I like Bregman, but his mouth and personality gives me a bit of a "Bud Norris" vibe every now and then. An influential veteran like Beltran should probably have a little chat with Bregman and try to nip this minor issue in the bud now. Before something else happens that causes Bregman to publicly mouth off in a controversial way that's distracting to the team.

16. conquistador#11

It's part of growing up for him. Last year when he was going to come up, he gave the sr610 guys the exact team he was going to make his debut. The team got a hold of the interview and delayed it it a series.

17. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Bregman might be a bit immature... Hmm... I wonder what Luhnow and Hinch think of this.

Could hurt some trade stock.

18. xcrunner51

I could see McCann telling across the locker-room "hey Bregman stop being an *sshole"

CometsWin likes this.
  19. HTM

HTM Member

Bregman does seem like a dick but that's pretty common among professional athletes... and baseball players generally *ducks*

fiersdownbelow likes this.
  20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Bergman tweeted that one thing about the Rangers which I'm perfectly awesome with. Then we have this incident which he probably shouldn't respond to but I don't really care at all about.

I don't know the guy but if there's a pattern of poor behavior that needs to be rectified, I'm not seeing it. We are completely running out of things to talk about if this is what earns a veteran sit down.

Dude has been just fine in what is essentially his rookie season.

BonziWellsGOAT likes this.