1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bradley Beal signs 2-year extension

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Oct 17, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

As part of the extension, Bradley Beal has a 15% trade kicker. The guard also has unique language when it comes to the player option in 2022-23. From when the extension is signed and until June 2023, Beal can decline or exercise the option. Because a player option is excluded when factoring in the value of the trade bonus at the time of the trade, opting-in to the last year would increase the bonus owed. The trade kicker could range between $6-9M. Beal is not eligible to be traded until after the 2019-20 season because the first year of his extension is greater than 5% from his 2020-21 salary. Beal will also receive a 50% advance of his $34.5M and $37.3M (if he opts-in) salary up front when the extension begins. Beal currently has two-years left ($27.1M and $28.75M) on the original $127M max contract that was signed in 2016.

The Beal extension is comparable to a restricted FA signing an offer sheet:
    * Trade kicker
    * 50% advance
    * Cannot be traded during the season

da_juice and malakas like this.
  2. malakas

malakas Member

So he basically just signed this so he can pocket the trade kicker when he is traded.
    Good for the wizards! Now they have more time to find a trade partner.

da_juice likes this.
  3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Really great work by his agent.

da_juice likes this.
  4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The comments are hilarious. "BAD MOVE!"

I wish my bad moves resulted in 72 million dollars. When I make bad moves it burns when I pee.

5. JW86

JW86 Member

Washington worst franchise in the league?

arabrocket likes this.