1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bol Bol 6'5'' 7th Grader Morey Git'er'done!

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 9, 2012.

1. da_juice

da_juice Member

Well then... I guess he won't be playing at the guard or forward spots after all.

2. Ranny

Ranny Member

C'mon with that size at that level that kid is shooting fish in a barrel, but my God those legs, while i watched i felt like they were going to break!! please somebody put him on a 999999999999 calories a day diet.

3. TOP

TOP Member

I felt that way about Durant's legs at Texas and coming into the league. He was so lanky. His arms and legs anyways appeared to be.

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

He looks exactly like his dad. And his dad had a pretty productive career. Of course, his dad was like 7 inches taller...

5. i3artow i3aller

6. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

Is it just me or do the kids look like they are not playing all that hard in that video? My sons 5th grade AAU team get after it harder than those kids...

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Pretty sure Morey is keeping tabs on this guy in preparation for the 2026 NBA draft.

Also "Bol Bol" means pubic hair in Filipino so lets hope he doesnt become a bust and end up playing for the PBA lol.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Manute Bol would actually be pretty good in today's NBA. Mobility is king now and all the hulking "Shaq" type of players are almost all extinct so nobody will push him around and bully him in the paint.

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Sometimes I wonder if extreme height is a liability for some of these guys.

Like even Yao. I think he might have been better or even more durable at say 7’1

Bol Bol looks like an nba player for sure. But there is a gangly-ness to him you see with Zhou for example and he looks like an injury waiting to happen.

11. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Well Rudy Gobert / KD are also quite gangly but they seem to be doing fine. It's all about how nimble they are on their feet - if they had too much weight on them they would be even more injury prone. Shaq is probably the only exception I can think of, out of high level players.

12. omgTHEpotential

Was Manute really mobile? Maybe for a 7'7 guy? I think Greg 'Cement Feet' Monroe is far quicker than him.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Well I was talking about being 7’1 instead of 7’6 in Yaos case. Not shrinking these guys down to 6’8 or smaller.

Bol Bol I guess is 7’2 or 7’3?

And with him, to me, it’s less about size and more about fluidity if athleticism. Which isn’t nearly there in the way it is for KD or Giannis. Gobert has slightly less fluidity.

Hasheem Thabeet is the best recent bad example I can think of. He just didn’t have enough nba level fluid athleticism.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

He played soccer which requires a lot of mobility and coordination before he played basketball so he was actually pretty mobile.

Apparently he is also the NBA career league leader in blocks per 48 mins with 50% beyond second place (crazy) according to wikipedia so he wasn't a stiff.

15. omgTHEpotential

That may be true, I don't really know much about him. I was just watching some highlights of him and he didn't look very quick with those looong legs of his.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

SO this was the tall ass stick i saw walking out of the hotel downtown friday night....

17. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

18. PhiSlammaJamma

Watching the game, thought had a nice touch inside, and obviously outside, but there was nothing there that indicated nba level authority to me. He might make a nice filler, but needs a post move to earn the ball.

19. Buck Turgidson

He's 19 years old.

20. basketballholic

I'm not sold on this kid at all. Would like to know a lot more about his mental makeup. Length is great. Looks like he can shot put the 3 well enough. His set up and release are still not quick enough however.

But defensively I see issues. I don't see any ability for him to slide and swim at all. In my humble opinion, that's not necessarily the end of a big man with extreme length if he can recover and chase. But this is specifically what I'm not seeing with Bol right now. There's a slight delay in his recovery movement that bothers me.

But I reserve the right to change my mind on him. I haven't seen enough to be firm on my opinion. And I can't get any info on his work habits, bball iq, mental makeup. Those things go a long way in helping a player overcome physical flaws.

omgTHEpotential likes this.